slight situation

Posted by: Anonymous

slight situation - 01/25/05 06:47 PM

I found this site in hope that someone could help me...... My g/f and I have been going out for about a mounth and 1/2.... she dated this guy before she met me and just shortly after she broke up with him we started dating.. well yesterday this guy follows her home and we she got out of the car he made a big seen and now he wants to kick my ass because he thinks I took her away from him.... Well she is scared to death because she thinks he is gona kick my ass and hurt me really bad.... Just to size it up for you I am about 5' 11' and weigh 160, he on the other hand is 6'3'' and weighs a lot... He is a big guy to say the least... Well I know we are gona fight sooner or later... I have never really fought anyone bigger then me and I do not know what to do if he does confront me and wants to fight.... I just need some ideas on how to handle this goliath if we do fight.......and I would just like to add that I know fighting is the last resort if talking to him or nothing eles works..But im pretty sure he has his mind set..

Any help is greatly appreciated

Re: slight situation - 01/25/05 06:53 PM

I don’t really like to recommend street fighting advice. But if he confronts you, go for a straight kick to the growing and follow it up with a right straight and a left hook. Reverse the combo if you’re left-handed like me. That combo always seems to work especially the shot to the growing.

But if you can avoid the fight do so. But if confronted and have know escape, just go for it.

OCman...www.FrankMir.com

Re: slight situation - 01/25/05 08:06 PM

I really don't like giving advice in a situation like this, namely because what I was always taught first was RUN. Run, run, run, and then run some more. If you get cornered and REALLY don't have a choice, that's when you fight.

You should just block and evade over and over again. Hitting him is just going to make him angrier, and then something potentially bad can happen. If you just block long enough, he'll probably get a vague idea that he's messing with someone with some training. If he keeps going, use some stage-acting. For example, make up a random number in your head, then tell him there's that many pressure points on his body and you can use half of them. Then put him in a lock and start threatening to use them.

Grandstanding like that with some acting has this really unnerving effect on people; for some reason, most people like that think that if you know some degree of martial arts, you're automatically a black belt.

My first advice stays true, though: ALWAYS RUN FIRST.
Posted by: Chang Wufei

Re: slight situation - 01/25/05 10:46 PM

If this man is a stalker, knows your girlfriend, and your girlfriend is scared and is relying on you, I don't think running is going to be a smart thing to do. I mean he can always find your girl, right? If you don't want to fight, call the cops if he does anything even slightly illegal (Yelling obscenely in public to you or your girlfriend is "Disturbing the Peace") or suggest your girlfriend files a restraining order.

Re: slight situation - 01/26/05 01:06 PM

i have been in your situation and i was the same way i wasnt sure wat to do but then i got some advice off my dad ( they know the best tricks) he told me that if this guy touches me puching or prodding punch him in the nose or kik him in the gonads. if he dunt go down from a kik to the gonads then RUN lik hell but if he does just give him a reason to stop stalkin ur g/f.

hope this helps

Re: slight situation - 01/26/05 10:00 PM

hyper22,

You sound like you're in over your head. I hope for your sake this girl is worth the trouble.

Does she want to cut herself loose from him? Have her talk to him, and let him know in no uncertain terms that "IT IS OVER!" If he is a man, he'll leave it at that and move on.
If you are able to talk to him, Let him know girls are like buses, another is coming his way.

Now, First as I tell anyone else, Awareness and Avoidance. If you can keep your friends close and your enemies closer, you'll have that won, by not having to fight.

Realize that size is a BIG advantage. But size doesn't negate anatomical weaknesses of certain targets.

If he is this neaderthal that wants to hurt you, put up the "fence". Hands up and in front of you, arms out but not locked at the elbows. Blade yourself (present a slightly angled profile, lessen targets of opportunity.)

Let him know that you do not want any trouble, if he steps forward, slide step back and repeat, you just want to be left in peace, He steps torward you again, That means he wants to hurt you. You are now justified in defending yourself.
As Cestari said "Do your worst, fast and first!"

If he swings. The fence becomes cowcatcher. Ever seen old locomotives? The thing in the front plows through anything on the tracks.
One hand stops the attack, other hand attacks at the same time.

Since your dealing with a Goliath, By all means like David, get armed. I'm talking Mace/ OC Spray, and a AA "maglight". No more than that! His superior size and his intent to cause harm to you allows for it in this case. Just be careful to use this stuff for self defense and not aggrevated assualt.

Spray his face with the mace, Taking into acccount wind (Don't want that stuff coming back at you!) Hit targets with the palm stick. When attacked, attack the attacker; Once he's down, take off!

Remember, Martial arts is what you do with someone, Self Protective Combat is what you do TO someone.

Be safe and responsible.

Re: slight situation - 01/27/05 08:19 AM

2 hyper22: I don't recommend you to go into combat. Arm yourself with non-lethal weapons - powerful stun gun, pepper spray (OC).
It will be quite enough to regulate situation with that guy.
Posted by: cxt

Re: slight situation - 01/27/05 08:56 AM

Hyper

Dude, call the cops, if he is threating you or the girl--its critical you let people know BEFORE soemthing happens.

If nothing else its good CYA if something DOES happen.