Got A Situation

Posted by: Anonymous

Got A Situation - 01/07/05 02:53 AM

Hey guys, I would like to see how you guys would handle this.

I was smsing this chick and her friend got cheecky to me and I was like bro p*ss off. Then he said he was gonna give me a unpleasant beating. So I threathened. And I saw him at MacDonalds and he done nothing only when he was riding away did he pull a sign so I stood up to show him come if he wants cuase i dont want to start the fight cuase even his friend said that hes gonna get a beating. ok hes a rugby player so he sporty about 6'0 Ft 100 Kgs can take a punch but cant fight. back to my point so I gathered he one of the talkers now his girlfriends keeps at me and cuase I cant hit her i tell her to bring her boyfriend and i will show her why they should just leave things alone I dont want to fight just got outta trouble with Police. But now if he comes its not gonna be a fair fight, He will bring friends. and I want to get the problem out the way so I can carry on doing my own thing. Ive aquired alot of info on him. I know more about this guy then he does, Ive done my home work "Know they Enemy And Know Thy Self And You Shell Not Fear The Result of a 100 battles" You guys think I should just go F*CK him up. just show him how much i could do to him by just telling all my friends it will only be a matter of time tell on of them run into him. Of just get a chick friend to show her that doesnt mean cuase she a girl she wont get hurt?. And 2night she said They not scared of me and my friends cuase they have FRIENDS aswell. Where I know her friends arent like us (They all have silver spoon in their mouth they the Rich kids who think they Tupac).

Hope you guys can give me some advice on the situation.

Re: Got A Situation - 01/07/05 03:50 AM

It is obvious that you are sadly immature and you know what you are gonna do anyway so why ask?!
You explain this dumb situation you are in then say (oh look at me i'm bad! I just got out of trouble with the police)then,you want to philosiphise about it!! If you really want some advice I'll give it. Stay away from him! Is that so hard? You think you have to prove something or what? If you want to get into philosophy read this:
"The only reason men fight is because they are insecure;one man needs to prove that he is better or stronger than another.The man who is secure within himself has no need to prove anything with force,so he can walk away from a fight with dignity and pride.He is the true martial artist a man so strong inside that he has no need to demonstrate his power."
ED PARKER
I know it is not what you want to hear,but read your story from someone else's viewpoint!! It is painfully obvious what to do so DO IT!!!!

Re: Got A Situation - 01/07/05 04:54 AM

Maybe I misworded alot of that stuff cuase i was still angry when I typed it. I apologize for comming across as a **** .

I dont think im tough, I know lots of dudes can kick my ass. And I wasnt in trouble with police cuase of any form of Violence or anything or to impress anyone here why do they even care who i am, but im not a fool any trouble with them will come back to you. Cuase i know the guy will go to the cops if he loses. And the reason im asking you guys advice is one more topics on the forum and two you guys will see it more for what it really is.
And the reason I found out about him cuase Im not gonna going to rush into something without knowing who or what my opponent is about. I wasnt trying to be intellegent just cuatious.

and his girlfriend is the cuase of the problem she keeps the fire fueled and him been a guy tries to push his chest out front of all the time. (she is one of those girls who likes guys fighting for her)

I dont want to fight the guy, but they searching me out saying they gonna put a bullet in my head and I know they all talk.

But Thanx for the reply abit Harsh but all good.

And you are 100% correct they only want to fight cuase they insecure.

Re: Got A Situation - 01/07/05 05:26 AM

Ok good you don't want to fight! You came across like you were looking forward to it.
You should read the post on bullies in the ma talk forum by Mist it has alot of good info on the subject. This guy sounds like he's full of hot air. I would take him seriously though and look out for yourself. Remember sticks and stones........... [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]
Until he does something to you you don't have a reason to do anything to him so just ignore them.
Do you train in ma? what style? how long? How old r u?
Me 29 yrs. old JKD BJJ stylist!10yrs now
Good luck and keep training [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/cool.gif[/IMG]

Re: Got A Situation - 01/07/05 05:58 AM

Nah Im not looking forward to it but if does come I must be prepared.

Yeah I train in Martial Arts, I do Tong Long for about 2-3 yrs now had a break inbetween though when I cut my finger off. Ive dabbled in a few other arts and just spar alot (We try make sparring as close to street fights as possible).Im 19 got into Martial Arts when i was about 15 also had a passion before that though.

and yeah "sticks and stones will brake my bones but WHIPS and CHAINS Excite me" hehe [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

And Thanx and I will read that info that Mist posted.

Re: Got A Situation - 01/07/05 11:22 AM

i see alot of this on this forum.there is too much therapy, if someone decides to fight can't people accept theres a good reason. martial artists like to fight. and alot like to fight well and deserve advice.what are pacifists doing in an martial art forum?
Posted by: Chang Wufei

Re: Got A Situation - 01/07/05 03:19 PM

1. Find him
2. Apologize
3. Shake his hand
4. Walk away unshaken

OR...

1. He finds you
2. You beat him up
3. He comes back with a gun
4. You don't walk away

Re: Got A Situation - 01/07/05 03:25 PM

6. Prithivi has absolutely no discipline.

Re: Got A Situation - 01/07/05 05:42 PM

I'm sorry prithivi,
You are sadly mistaken.
Bully's and small minded people like to fight.
True martial arts practitioners prefer to avoid it.
We can dish it out, and we know if it's our time to die, then to do so in righteous battle taking everone trying to harm us to final judgement with us.
BUT, If the fight can be avoided. why waste the effort and cause unneeded bloodshed?
MantisFist, I like you and I want what is best fro you, forget about these people, cut them loose from your life. Just seek happiness elsewhere. If they bring violence, then you are in the right to take the fight to them. If they're just trying to goad you into a fight, it just shows how small they are. Don't be smaller than them my friend.
I say that from my heart.

Joel

Re: Got A Situation - 01/07/05 05:43 PM

i read your other posts, you are too pretentious to be a monk so i don't know what to call you. plus the discipline thing is not true at all,unless you mean obeying authorities and such. i just assumed fighting arts forum involved fighting and not other things like telling people not to fight, i could do a great analogy using a tobbaco company.plus nothing i say is meant as being hostile.

Re: Got A Situation - 01/07/05 05:50 PM

this is not an evangelism site. but i do feel outed. nobody has ever assumed i am savage but i'm not going to deny it to much. genes and lord of the flies kind of thinking.

Re: Got A Situation - 01/07/05 06:02 PM

though it is pitiful to see people controlled by such emotions that cause them to fight. i have other fighting sites but i feel like only paranoid,white,conservatives frequent them. this site seems to be dominated by obsessed youth,and that one minister. plus the people overly concerned with philosophy.
Posted by: Khayman

Re: Got A Situation - 01/07/05 09:48 PM

prithivi,
A true martial artist trains to avoid confrontation first and fight only when necessary. The discipline is not just about obeying authorities its internal discipline to control you emotions and to fight only when the need arises. To search out conflict is foolish. Real fights are ugly things which cannot really be enjoyed.
If you have to fight, then fight to win but it takes more of a man to walk away.

Re: Got A Situation - 01/07/05 09:56 PM

Prithivi-

If you are branding me "pretentious", you are sadly mistaken. I am not one who preaches or condoles submissiveness either. Martial arts discipline is something I have learned, and it has little to do with authority. While I am not going to fight out of verbal bouts, I have no submissiveness to authority, I have respect to my instructors, but I am nobody's bitch.

Martial arts discipline is about being secure in the fact that you have the skills to tremendously overwhelm whoever is harrassing you, but you know when to use it and when to walk away. If you feel threatened by a situation or are struck, that is the time to act. If you are angered over someone calling you a "bitch-ass-pussy", that is not.
Posted by: reaperblack

Re: Got A Situation - 01/08/05 02:19 AM

That is a fairly accurate description chang wufei. Maybe not the most eloquent, but fairly accurate. Martial arts are about resolving conflict. In the most quick and painless way possible. Fighting is for idiots. As a martial artist it is your role to avoid it if at all possible, if not then to end it quickly.

Re: Got A Situation - 01/08/05 02:45 AM

I have only just joined this site and I cannot believe how hostile some of you guys are toward each other!! Prihivi, you have serious issues dude, the best bit of advice I could give you is read Geoff Thompsons books, if you dont know who he is, he was an ex bouncer of 20 odd years who has been involved in hundreds of street fights and would disagree with your views 100%
This guy along with a few others have changed my views completely on how to handle violent situations.
Check out the www.geoffthompson.com forum for excellent advice and also how to talk to other forum members.

Bulletman

Re: Got A Situation - 01/08/05 03:38 AM

HaHa Ive started a good post here. And I'd like to thank all your guys for your posts. Its given me some insight from a 3rd persons point of veiw. I hope it all just dies down. But I will keep you informed about it.

Re: Got A Situation - 01/08/05 08:40 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bulletman:
I have only just joined this site and I cannot believe how hostile some of you guys are toward each other!! [/QUOTE]

Hi Bulletman, glad to see you on here. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

It's only the minority that let this site down at times, unfortunately. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/frown.gif[/IMG]

prithivi, to want to fight is usually down to ego and/or peer pressure. I think you just enjoy winding people up. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Take care,

Gaffer.

Re: Got A Situation - 01/08/05 11:50 AM

nobody here ever had a friendly fight? i did not know i was disturbing your circle of peace but i dont want to hang out with the gun lovers on thier bloodshed sites.fall out shelter types. plus i am near completely emotionless,strangely thats how i make most of my enemies.

Re: Got A Situation - 01/08/05 12:11 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by prithivi:
nobody here ever had a friendly fight? i did not know i was disturbing your circle of peace but i dont want to hang out with the gun lovers on thier bloodshed sites.fall out shelter types. plus i am near completely emotionless,strangely thats how i make most of my enemies.[/QUOTE]

prithivi,
I applaud your candidness prithivi, Most folks don't want to admit just how violent they are or just what they are capable of. There is no use denying it. If I were to tell most people what I am truly capable of they would recoil in horror. It's not because I'm a trained martial artist but because I'm human. I'm also capable of kissing babies, writing poetry, drawing cartoons of half naked form members. I'm also about options and the freedom to choose my options. If you tell someone fight, don't fight, theres two options. People offer ideas so MantisFist is free to choose options that he feels work for him.

oldman

[This message has been edited by oldman (edited 01-08-2005).]

Re: Got A Situation - 01/08/05 03:12 PM

prithivi,

Decent human beings do not like to fight, That doesn't mean we can't bring it when called out onto the carpet. No fight is a friendly engagement.
So you are cold and emotionless, That's too bad. Maybe your missing something in your life?

As for evangelism, If you don't want God in your life, he will stay out.
I didn't have God in mine when I thought as you did... liking to fight.
It was a sad a cold existence for me.
The lives of those who's hearts are without God, are just like that from what I've seen.
I do hope and yes, Pray that you come out of that stage.

Until then you are free to think and choose and post as you wish, Just understand that your opinion will differ from ours, and that is okay. I just hope you learn from your own experiences, and ours as well.

Joel

Re: Got A Situation - 01/11/05 02:52 AM

Hey Gaffer,

I have since found some constructive discussions on this site, I'm sure you're right, perhaps what I saw initially was a minority, shame some have to spoil it for others!!

Take it easy

Bulletman (aka Stalker)