Training

Posted by: Anonymous

Training - 12/20/04 08:49 PM

i've been doing Wing Chun for bout 5 months and even though my trainer says i'm naturally talented in fighting and i can see i can perform new moves faster then the rest of the ppl i want to train at home but can't find the motivation, any1 got any ideas, is it because i havn't got that many techniques to practise on?

Re: Training - 12/25/04 08:27 PM

Try and get yourself pumped up mentally. Imagine you're being attacked by one or many opponents. Imagine they're attacking you and how, and imagine yourself using techniques to dispatch them. Make up little stories. Perhaps you're an assassin on the job in ancient China, and you've been discovered by five guards in a 15x15' room. Or perhaps you're walking down the street and a two muggers attack you.

The human mind is excellent at simulating events and learns excellently from it. You should try and set up little scenarios like this with your training partners as well but this you can do alone!

Re: Training - 12/28/04 02:13 PM

sounds like you might benefit from competition vs others of a similar level to your own? It sounds like you want to test yourself a bit more than sparring (at least as you are currently doing it) is not enough any more?