Giving back-up

Posted by: Anonymous

Giving back-up - 12/17/04 11:37 AM

Hi! I'm 13 and I'm in junior high. What I'm about to say is a little long, but please have patience and read it all.
---------------------------------------------About three weeks ago I was sitting in my science class talking to my friend. My friend went to the restroom. The teacher had left the classroom. When my friend came back he saw this kid sitting in his seat.My friend said,"I was sitting here." The kid said,"Shut up you little girl." My friend said,"Go*****your mama. The kid pushed my friend again and again. All of a sudden the kid started choking my friend. I didn't do anything.I decided not to interfere, since it was just them fighting. The next period the kid and my friend apologized to each other.I feel like I should have done something to help my friend. I want some advice on what I should have done, and of what to do next time something like this happens.

Thanks

Re: Giving back-up - 12/17/04 11:57 AM

It probably would've been best to tell the Teacher after the confrontation...BUT...if there was no available teacher/administrator/whatever...a nice restraining move on the assailant would've probably worked, maybe like a full nelson, headlock or some other form of uncomfortable restraint. Don't try to "avenge" your frend's bully or anything...that is how lawsuits/charges happen.

I hope this has helped!
Posted by: Chang Wufei

Re: Giving back-up - 12/17/04 02:53 PM

Think of it this way. What if you were being choked, and while you were gagging for air you were watching your friend standing there, staring at you. A rear naked choke held for only four seconds decreases brainwave activity for a month. Choking is more serious than hitting.

I'm not saying seek revenge at all, bad idea. But next time look at it from his point of view.

Re: Giving back-up - 12/17/04 03:56 PM

Thanks for your advice guys.