self defense.... using reflexes

Posted by: Anonymous

self defense.... using reflexes - 12/15/04 07:46 PM

at the school i go to there arent any gangsters and what not but there are jock fights.. where a jock and some other kid go out to some back road in the hills and fight... (after there done they help the kid get home and what not, but its just some stupid dominant thing...) this seems absolutly insane to me, i was told once to go out to this "dogtown" to fight.. i was in a car with a friend at the moment and they tried opening the door to pull me out.. i locked the doors but they started to kick my friends car (there were like 10) there was no way i was getting out.......... anyways this is the way my school is no guns and knifes justs fights and what not.. no cops or anything... its a small town........... but i was wondering if there was a way i could build my reflexes up, because even with some jock guys they do little gut checks to you every now and then just to show who is boss... and they always get me... i was wondering is there a way i could build my reflexise so i could dodge or block them... its not like starting **** but it could stop the gut checks.... thanks
Posted by: White-Tiger

Re: self defense.... using reflexes - 12/16/04 02:50 AM

Have you considered taking up a Martial Art?
From what you say about your situation I personaly would reccomend boxing but its realy up to you and what you feel comfortable with. My advice is go look at some dojo's/gym's, to learn these things you really do need a good instructor.
Hope this helps.

Chris
Posted by: schanne

Re: self defense.... using reflexes - 12/16/04 09:52 AM

Conditioning = reflex. Another words you need to start training. There are no computer/video miracle drills that can teach you what you want, it's a Zen thing. Are there any MA schools in your area?
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: self defense.... using reflexes - 12/18/04 12:34 PM

well you could say i live up in the hills.. lol not to much along the lines of martial arts schools.... the reason this usualy happins is because im a small kid... lol im 16 5'8" 110 lbs and like no muscle... so kids can literal pick me up and throw me like 10 yards.. its happined lol.. but yea i was just wondering like u know u can strech to gain flexibility, so ithought there was ways to gain faster relfexese u know like u can get eye hand cordination with .. ping pong lol bad annalogy but u know... so thanks