Here it is:
http://www.umam.org/Fun%20Stuff/dimmak.rm

Link to real player download if you need it:
http://www.real.com/affiliates/superpass.html?pcode=cj&src=cj

Enjoy!

-John
Posted by: kenposan

Re: ATTN Gaffer: Link to Dillman instructor - 12/11/04 04:44 PM

What I found interesting was touch knockout only appears to work on his own students.

And the touchless knockout only works 40% of time and even less on well-trained athletes? He wouldn't do it on the reporter for fear of injuring her. This reminds me of Bill Moyers PBS story on Chi (part of the Power of the Mind series as I recall).

Dubious at best.
Posted by: JKogas

Re: ATTN Gaffer: Link to Dillman instructor - 12/11/04 05:22 PM

ANY of the magical mystical stuff is pure hokum. Just remember, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

-John
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: ATTN Gaffer: Link to Dillman instructor - 12/11/04 11:20 PM

After being subjected to PP striking, I can attest it is nothing more than overloading the nerves of the body to cause pain, disrupt the central nervous system, shock and thus KO. Any blood related injury, vomiting etc is merely caused by the above confusion, overloading or freezing of nerves, leading to the veins being unable to pump blood by the motion of surrounding muscle back to the heart, and thus to the brain etc....thus we get blood clots and shock.. This is the best I can explain it with modern western medicine. The Chi theory is crap, but within the context, it works to deliver results re: knockouts and pain releif.

I can tell you it is real, I am not a willing uke. Yes, some people are less supsectible to pain compliance tech, but the (real) KO's work 100%

I don't expect a no touch KO or Yogic flying soon though.

As for the weird crap in Chinese medicine, sure enough, Rhino Horn is nothing more than quackery, but some of the better herbal stuff like a ground up ant's nest is merely acrude way of geting methanoic acid as a sterilising agent/antistringent.

Re: ATTN Gaffer: Link to Dillman instructor - 12/12/04 02:24 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JKogas:
ANY of the magical mystical stuff is pure hokum. Just remember, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

-John
[/QUOTE]

John, many thanks indeed, much appreciated. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

BTW, I totaly agree with your comments above.

Take care,

Gaffer.

Re: ATTN Gaffer: Link to Dillman instructor - 12/12/04 03:37 AM

Do you know about acupoints? Acupoints and pressure points are probably sensitive nerve endings that cause electrical impulses to be send if they are activated. As for Chi, they could be electrical impulses or brain waves that are emitted from a body to another body. You see, I live in the far east, and Qi Gong is widely employed in medicine and martial arts. Qi Gong is practised by meditating enabling the mind to reach a subconscious state or a trance. It is something like a dream, hypnosis. Hard to explain. I have seen Qi Gong masters hardening their muscles to withstand blows. My father was cured of his liver ailments by practising Qi Gong. As for legends like flight, and powerful energy charge from the body i am totally skeptic. This is my personal experience with Qi Gong.
Benjamin

[This message has been edited by Benjamin (edited 12-12-2004).]