aftermath of fighting

Posted by: Anonymous

aftermath of fighting - 12/04/04 03:55 AM

i have always been worried about the after effects of fighting. if i fight sum1 on the streets and win, they will get all of their mates on me to beat me up. so shuld i take a beating from the 1st guy and leave it? or shuld i fite him properly and risk being beaten up afterwards??????????? plz help me!
Posted by: White-Tiger

Re: aftermath of fighting - 12/04/04 05:31 AM

Wouldn't you say its better to avoid the fight? I personaly would do my best to get out of the situation before it came to a physical fight, but if you do find yourself in the situation do your best to put the guy on the floor and run if he isnt hurt bad he probably wont try and have you beaten up. If he does get his friends on to you call the police and avoid them. Its teh safest way.

Chris

Re: aftermath of fighting - 12/04/04 10:58 AM

getknockedout,

You have just made an effective argument agaist fighting in the first place.

A long time ago, if you had a serious beef with someone, you could have a duel. In that event, one or both were maimed or killed. Either way, it was settled then and there. Pride & Honor prevented people from making or accepting challenges they were not willing to meet. Right, wrong or indifferent, it was a simpler time.

Now, if you get into a fistfight with someone and beat them, you run the risk of them coming back with their friends or a weapon.

Compound that with the risk of injury to yourself or them for which you may incur liability or criminal consequences.

This in itself is a strong statement for fighting as a last resort, when violence appears imminent.

Re: aftermath of fighting - 12/04/04 08:09 PM

Yeh no one who fights on the street has got pride and honor nowadays..

Re: aftermath of fighting - 12/04/04 08:25 PM

Wrong bloodjunk!!

Wayyyyyyyy to much pride and no Honor at all.

And You are also wrong in this, I have a strong sense of honor due to disipline From the MA's and ive been in street fights.
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: aftermath of fighting - 12/05/04 06:18 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BloodJunkie:
Yeh no one who fights on the street has got pride and honor nowadays.. [/QUOTE]

A Rather negligent and broad statement. Not everyone who has been in a streetfight is a bad guy.

Re: aftermath of fighting - 12/07/04 10:48 PM

im just scared of getting in trouble thats why i never end up fighting ... but i know for a fact i could do some serious damage... my adrenalin dump gets to me to fast and to hard... getting scared of the after effects make me avoid fights... sometimes good... but sometimes bad...