how to get over intimidation

Posted by: Anonymous

how to get over intimidation - 12/02/04 12:27 PM

there is this guy at my school healways seems to want to start **** , and one of these days we will probably end up getting into a fight, he is a huge ass stoner, he has been for bout 1 and a helf years now, hes a bit taller then me, i'm intimidated of him not because he is strong or anything, its because i don't know how strong he is, its kinda that "unknown" thing u kno, how do i deal with that
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: how to get over intimidation - 12/02/04 12:48 PM

i'm intimidated of him not because he is strong or anything, its because i don't know how strong he is

thats quite confusing what you've written there, you are contradicting yourself, the uknown factor yourself not having faith in yourself

sounds like you need more confidence, this can only develop with training and life experience

like weve been saying a lot on these past few days with kids telling the forum about such and such a guy wanting to atart "trying to start picking...... with me

ignore it, you cant take on all the idiots in the world, pick your fights wisely (preferably have none at all) the reality of violence is that it hurts, and that it results in hospital trips, criminal charges, court appearances etc etc its not fun, alright scratch that, fighting can be fun, the repercusions are rarely as fun. why risk a beating because some guy calls you names?

i just back from work were a guy i removed from my nightclub, the man wanted to fight me, called me a homosexual (thats the nice version of what he called me) and was very threatening, i smiled at him, made little kisses in the air and looked at him, he was angry that his attempt to anger me had failed and stormed off, it was fairly irresponsible i realised after, but it was interesting to see.

generally bully's try top intimidate people to get a reaction, if they dont think it affects you they get bored or frustrated and find another target

there is a zen story that i love

There once lived a great warrior. Though quite old, he still was able to defeat any challenger. His reputation extended far and wide throughout the land and many students gathered to study under him. One day an infamous young warrior arrived at the village. He was determined to be the first man to defeat the great master. Along with his strength, he had an uncanny ability to spot and exploit any weakness in an opponent. He would wait for his opponent to make the first move, thus revealing a weakness, and then would strike with merciless force and lightning speed. No one had ever lasted with him in a match beyond the first move. Much against the advice of his concerned students, the old master gladly accepted the young warrior's challenge. As the two squared off for battle, the young warrior began to hurl insults at the old master. He threw dirt and spit in his face. For hours he verbally assaulted him with every curse and insult known to mankind. But the old warrior merely stood there motionless and calm. Finally, the young warrior exhausted himself. Knowing he was defeated, he left feeling shamed. Somewhat disappointed that he did not fight the insolent youth, the students gathered around the old master and questioned him. How could you endure such an indignity? How did you drive him away? If someone comes to give you a gift and you do not receive it, the master replied, to whom does the gift belong?

think about it