Hi Ex_TKD:

You're right.

They're stupid and to be avoided.

Grow up instead.

JohnL
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Re: Fight without kill - 12/03/04 07:26 AM

Yes, i know.
The problem is, i think that soon or later i will have to, he is always trying to get some trouble, so i would like to hear some advices, sugestions, anything!!!!
You know that kind of guy who thinks that he can get any girl, and thinks that he is the best in soccer, in fighting, in school, well, someone who have lots of atitude?
That's him! He is always looking after me for harass me (i think thats the word).
I almost prefer that it was a real fight, where i could use what you guys call full power. Then i would know how to end it up fast and hard!
But in this case, i am lost...
Any thoughts?

Re: Re: Fight without kill - 12/04/04 09:34 PM

well...use as much strength as you can whats the difference between a "real fight" and a real fight at school stop when hes running away, knocked out, or crying. chances are you wont kill him as long as you dont use a weapon 10-20 punches in total usually ends a fight and fights are usually only 30 seconds long.

[This message has been edited by Frenkentor (edited 12-04-2004).]

Re: Re: Fight without kill - 12/05/04 12:05 AM

Here is some real simple advice since you have already fought this guy before. You stated you are almost ready to throw blows with him again and you did it already two years ago.

So really in my humble opinion why not just go all out and not worry about hurting him or honor or anything like that. You have already fought this person once and a second time would be know different. Honor is already out the window here.

So either you let it go and grow up alittle bit, I mean that in a respectful way.

Or you and him go at it and get it over with.

OCman…..
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: Re: Fight without kill - 12/05/04 06:14 PM

Firstly, what did you observe from your last fight other than a bleeding head? What patterns could you see? Was he fast or slow? Did he always use the lead and follow with the rear? Look for these kinds of things in your memories of the fight. They will lead you to your own answers. Honor is all and good but self preservation comes above all else. Do what it takes to win. Dont kill him but do whatever else you can. Break a bone or two. Or just walk away. The latter was always a boring option I thought but what would I know?

Re: Re: Fight without kill - 12/11/04 06:25 AM

Read my post, Maximum Harm Minimum Time.

Re: Re: Fight without kill - 12/12/04 05:37 PM

Seems to me that school yard dust ups, like the bare knuckle boxing matchs out in the field and such are just part of growwing up. Or where, now seems like those days are gone, depending on where you grow up, some areas are a lot rougher than others. Most times when I fought as a kid no one got worsen a broken nose, to me that is a learning experience. If its consensual and both are adults, well then I`d almost call it heavy sparring even. For that reason I don`t consider these sort of fights real street fights , though I personally would never engage in such an activity at full contact intensity out side of the dojo or ring. Then the level of intensity depends on my opponents skill as well as my own.

However, this guy crossed the line when he hit your head against the wall. At some point tough guys, you all gotta realize this

EVERY UNSACTIONED FIGHT is about LIFE and DEATH

Make sure your antagonist knows this, then don`t fight with him again no matter what. Go talk to the people in authority, or even the cops a lot of forms of bullying are actually illeagal. In other words be proactive, is a lot safer course of action. And standing up to a bully this way is a very brave thing to do, I don`t care who says otherwise. Its not about being brave, or looking good, its about not being stupid and risking your life, and his.

The only acceptable use of lethal force is if you get cornered with no where to run to, then if you have NO other options pull out all the stops and hopefully you will survive without killing him. At this point whatever happens to him is his fault, not yours drop the guilt and sqeemishness and him take out as quickly and safely as you know how to.
But understand, you REALLY can get crippled or killed in a simple school yard punch up it happens all the time.... Oh for a simpler day when most kids grew out of this sort of thing before they really learned how to hurt each other.