Having Surgery Tomorrow !

Posted by: Anonymous

Having Surgery Tomorrow ! - 11/30/04 12:39 AM

I know this really has nothing to do with Martial Arts but I just wanted to throw it out there. I’m sure most of you remember when I went off in a couple of threads and said some bad stuff and was talking bad about the moderators and so on.

Well that night I had just rebroke my Left Tibia and Fibula again. I was jacked up on pain pills and just went crazy. Funny things is I have been sitting in this cast for about a week now and with the Titanium plates I already have in my left leg this is going to be a ruff surgery.

And I rebroke it in the most stupidly manner, I slipped of a curb, I know most of you will say where was your balance? I don’t know.

Mr. V was the only person I told because I wanted to explain myself to him and I told him not to let the forum know but I decide I would tell you guys anyway.

So when I get some cool pictures of the new hardware they put in I will post it for the crazy ones out there.

Everybody take care and I will talk to you in about three days.

Ocman……

[This message has been edited by ocman (edited 11-30-2004).]

Re: Having Surgery Tomorrow ! - 11/30/04 02:46 AM

Don't worry about it. Bitter feelings tend to fade if you never really wanted to hurt the person. Intelligent people usually recognize change and intention.

Good luck with your surgery.

Re: Having Surgery Tomorrow ! - 11/30/04 03:57 AM

Ocman, sorry to hear about your leg (Ouch!).

Take it easy fella,

Gaffer.
Posted by: Ed Glasheen

Re: Having Surgery Tomorrow ! - 11/30/04 03:58 AM

Good luck! Ed

Re: Having Surgery Tomorrow ! - 11/30/04 04:13 AM

Thanks guys, I can't sleep so I will be up all night. But I've had a surgery like this before on the same leg, I just find it funny that I fell off a curb and it happend. With my luck, it should of been in some big brawl or protecting someone. But thanks god it didn't go down like that. But I guess I have the next six months off.

Thanks guys and talk to you soon..

OCman..........

Re: Having Surgery Tomorrow ! - 11/30/04 10:24 AM

Sorry to hear that, bro...Hope the surgery goes well.

My brother, who is a 4th degree in kenpo, slipped off an icy curb and broke his wrist and tore his rotator cuff in one magical moment. This was a few years ago, but after some brutal PT he has recovered pretty much completely.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Posted by: mark

Re: Having Surgery Tomorrow ! - 11/30/04 12:17 PM

good luck with it, take each day at a time.

regards,

mark

Re: Having Surgery Tomorrow ! - 11/30/04 04:57 PM

i feel sorry for you man, that must hurt like hell. Thankfully ive never broken anything, apart from my nose when i was real young but that was purely self inflicted, curled to tight in a flip and cracked my nose with my knee. OW hurt like hell for about a month, quite possibly one of the dumbest things ive ever done. Ive never felt as confident doing flips since then, its kinda stuck with me.. Atleast it healed straight..

But yeah good luck with the surgery bro...

[This message has been edited by BloodJunkie (edited 11-30-2004).]

Re: Having Surgery Tomorrow ! - 11/30/04 07:13 PM

After your surgery, would you consider changing your username from 'ocman' to 'TitaniumMan' ? [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Don't forget to thank the nurses. Doctors are too busy to notice anyway.
Posted by: Chang Wufei

Re: Having Surgery Tomorrow ! - 11/30/04 07:53 PM

Ouch. I know what you mean though, when my dad finished his surgery, surprisingly enough both injuries were identical to yours, he was on pain killers and he was a beast. He looked back on it and saw how he was and felt bad about it though. Anyways, good luck!

And I agree...you really should thank the nurses.

Re: Having Surgery Tomorrow ! - 12/01/04 07:35 PM

Thanks everyone that replied. Surgery went great, and now I have three six inch Titanium plates in my leg along with 12 screws. I’m always thanking the nurses whenever I go to the Doctor because they don’t get enough credit.

Yeah maybe my new name should be Titanium man instead of OCman. Anyway I’m propped up in a wheelchair that has my left leg raised and I can get around pretty good but I have one of those Ice machines that sends cold water threw my leg to keep the swelling down. A total of 32 staples in my leg mixed on both sides. And yes I do have pictures of the PreOp and PostOp for the crazy ones in here. But give me sometime and I will put them up.

Thanks again everyone OCman……..
Posted by: still wadowoman

Re: Having Surgery Tomorrow ! - 12/02/04 01:17 AM

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Sharon