may have came up before and if so sorry but please help

Posted by: Anonymous

may have came up before and if so sorry but please help - 11/26/04 12:26 AM

please read and help me!!!ok if this question has came up before and if u are tired of reading it im sorry i read alot on here and didnt see it sorry. but i have not taking any classes in any thing other than ONE day in martial art class when i was like 5.(to young to get into it i guess lol) any ways.. i am 17 right now and see fights breaking out alot.. this prompted me to come on the web looking for ways to best win one if ever presented in this situation.i have never actually been in a fight but have a punching bag at my house i used to try and think of the best way to hurt someone, but the dang thing never hit back so as far as blocking im scrood..haha.sooo..lol.anyways that was off the subject soo i came across this website and it really looks like u guys know what u are talking about. so ok i get in a situation where its fight or take it the beating and verbal abuse after words. (thinkning of one kid in paticular that i have been having Alot of problems with and i know it wolnt stop till i do something about it.. i kept my mouth shut and let him drive by saying f you and what have you, but today he did it infront of my mother and yes i know i could just call the cops but it wouldnt stop anything) he is the same size as me (5'10" 160) and i know that if i prove he is not the big guy he thinks he is it will stop.(i have seen it alot) please help me. ok we are getting ready to fight.. what to i do.. i herd from other poeple have a set thing in mind what you are going to do .. like hit nose first, then knee him..etc. i dont want to loose cause it will prosist but i sure as heck dont want to kill the kid. please instead of telling me i may be wrong for standing up for my self. just help me PLEASE.

Re: may have came up before and if so sorry but please help - 11/26/04 01:12 AM

My honest opinion is this. Hit the bag as hard and as fast as you can for as long as you can as often as you can. That should help you a lot with conditioning. Then find a friend to spar with. Just get some boxing gloves and lay down some ground rules. Nothing dirty allowed. Then just go at it a couple of times a week.

Real time experience seems to be the only effective way to become a decent fighter. Everything else is rather insignificant. Just make sure your sparring partner is around the same skill level of the people you expect to fight.

Re: may have came up before and if so sorry but please help - 11/26/04 07:34 AM

i know that if i prove he is not the big guy he thinks he is it will stop.

Are you absolutely sure? What if it doesn't? What if he comes back with friends or a gun? I know you did not come here for confrontation management information but the world is not as simple as it used to be.

i sure as heck dont want to kill the kid.

Me neither but a fight is a fight. People get hurt, sometimes seriously. It is a risk that you accept when you willingly decide to enter into the scenario.

By all means, learn to protect yourself and your loved ones. Consider however, that once you consent to violence in order to prove something, there is no going back.

Fletch

[This message has been edited by Fletch1 (edited 11-26-2004).]