NEW MEMBERS, PLEASE READ

Posted by: Chang Wufei

NEW MEMBERS, PLEASE READ - 11/24/04 09:04 PM

On these forums, the members are here to help you with your questions or hold discussions. But myself and I would think others are becoming fed up with the same threads over and over. A solution would be for you to look through previous threads to find one that matches your question, because chances are, there is one. These in particular are the most frequent:

Which Martial Art is Most Effective?!?!?!!

PLZ HELP ME IM FIGHTING SOMEONE TOMORROW

Streetfighting for money?!?!?!?!!?

IS TAE KWON DO GOOD FOR THE STREETS??!?!?!!

And so on. You can find many of these threads on this and previous pages.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: NEW MEMBERS, PLEASE READ - 12/02/04 02:10 PM

hey chang how bout u shut the **** up ur pretty new 2
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: NEW MEMBERS, PLEASE READ - 12/03/04 03:01 PM

battersup2, shhhh

Chang Wufei, good idea for a post, ive been thinking for a while to make somthing similar,

there are numerous posts all through the site, many with very little difference,
eg "Which Martial Art is Most Effective?!?!?!!" or "best art for streetfighting" or another variant.

you only get everyone making the same arguments over and over
someone puts forward "x" art, then someone else rips into it, then a kid tells us about how amazing he was in a streetfight. All the while with someone else saying its not the art its the fighter.

or (and this is one that is seeming really common lately) "how do i beat this bully? "

which seems to translate into
"im a 14 year old kid who doesn't actually train in the martial arts but am hoping that someone will tell me how to win any fight i get into without having to practise"

it'd take a lot of time to count them all but im thinking there are a lot of "street fighting" threads that are already there on the forums, all it takes is to look at the site

ive been looking through forums for the past 3-4 months and just started posting in the last few weeks, i did this to gain new knowledge, before i posted on this site id read a lot of the threads - going back months and got a lot out of it.

why dont people look through the old threads? what is so hard about using the search function? a lot of this stuff has been done to death
Posted by: Chang Wufei

Re: NEW MEMBERS, PLEASE READ - 12/04/04 12:40 AM

BATTERSUP2

I am not fairly new here, I've been on this forum almost as long as it's been up. Just because you don't see me posting many threads, don't assume I'm new.

And watch your mouth kid.
Posted by: MrVigerous

Re: NEW MEMBERS, PLEASE READ - 12/04/04 05:38 PM

Yes indeed watch your mouth Battersup2

Let me repeat my warning on the main forum. Curtail your swearing and general poor attitude or you're out.

Mr V
Posted by: MAGon

Re: NEW MEMBERS, PLEASE READ - 12/05/04 09:22 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chang Wufei:
On these forums, the members are here to help you with your questions or hold discussions. But myself and I would think others are becoming fed up with the same threads over and over. A solution would be for you to look through previous threads to find one that matches your question, because chances are, there is one. These in particular are the most frequent:

Which Martial Art is Most Effective?!?!?!!

PLZ HELP ME IM FIGHTING SOMEONE TOMORROW

Streetfighting for money?!?!?!?!!?

IS TAE KWON DO GOOD FOR THE STREETS??!?!?!!

And so on. You can find many of these threads on this and previous pages.
[/QUOTE]

I wholeheartedly agree.
Mr. V. or any of the mods., if you return to this post: May I suggest bringing up to Mr. Caile that perhaps something along the lines of what Chang has suggested be incorporated into the "Rules of the Road"?