Punch With Max power

Posted by: Anonymous

Punch With Max power - 11/13/04 01:07 AM

whats the way to do this??should i turn my wirst 45 or 90 degrees? should my arm go all the way behind my back or should it stay near my body when i wind up?

turn ur wrist?
turn hips?
lift ur leg??
turn ur head??
scream?

whats the best combo for the fastest strongest hardest, most powerful punch??

[This message has been edited by empty (edited 11-13-2004).]

Re: Punch With Max power - 11/13/04 03:04 AM

Actually, to do a good punch you shouldn't wind up first. That will telegraph your move and your opponent can intercept you. Don't turn your wrist whatever you do!! If you hit something hard(ex: a persons face, a puching bag ect...) with it turned it will hurt your wrist. Keep it straight. You should turn your hips, legs and your upper body when you throw the punch, to put weight behind it. You can scream if you want. You should get a heavy bag, if you don't have one yet. To make the punches stronger and faster a good combo is right jab, right jab, left hook, then left jab, left jab , right hook. Repetition is the key, do it over and over again until the punches are like breathing. When I punch I use a Muay Thai stance or a Jeet Kune Do stance, because they have defense and balance. Remember to be balanced to. I know its a lot to remember, but you will get it.

Re: Punch With Max power - 11/13/04 02:57 PM

Many make the mistake of turning the wrist before it hits the target. In fact, the fist is not meant to turn until it has impacted with the target. With this punch, the fist hits with the fingers upermost. While the punch is driving through the target, the fist is twisted. This is supposed to cause a deeper penetration of the force, plus causing a severe bruise on the surface. However, I prefer to use a vertical fist when striking as I find it more stable and practical to use when fighting. The body should be relaxed when striking so all the force is delivered into the strike. If muscles are tensed, the energy stored in them will not be released. It's like the whip. It is totally relaxed, but when it stikes, it hurts with such ferocity. Try and use physical strength with the whip, and the strike becomes substantially weaker, as the energy stored in the muscles of the arm is not released with the strike.

Re: Punch With Max power - 11/13/04 11:27 PM

Greetings!

Well, in my experience, the application is what gives it power, i.e., chose the right punch for the right target. A horizontal, vertical or 45 degree punch, can be equally efective if you know how to use them. Although, with experience and research if found that the 45 degree punch is the best at transfering energy. The perfect alignment of the ulna and radius bones with the elbow joint and humerous bone with the shoulder that occurs when this punch is employed maximizes the power.

Yours in the Spirit of the Warrior-Scholar,

Carlos M. Roman, H.I. American Kenpo Karate Studios
Orlando FL

[This message has been edited by whitedragon_48 (edited 11-14-2004).]