Getting Jumped

Posted by: Anonymous

Getting Jumped - 10/01/04 10:42 AM

A little while back a couple of friends of mine got jumped in a rough neighborhood by 4 guys. My first friend got sucker punched and was on the ground getting kicked in the head. So my other friend started punching people in the throat. I was wondering if punching people in the throat was the best option for him.

Re: Getting Jumped - 10/01/04 12:40 PM

Provided this is a life-threatening situation (the neck is quite vulnerable) I would say go for it. If he can pull it off, that is.

Re: Getting Jumped - 10/01/04 12:48 PM

he was an army ranger on leave when this happened.

Re: Getting Jumped - 10/01/04 04:19 PM

Did your friend(the army ranger) mess those guys up pretty good?
Posted by: otobeawanker

Re: Getting Jumped - 10/01/04 05:27 PM

Probally the best defense against getting jumped is non violent at all. Keep your eyes up, not at the ground. Make eye contact with everyone you come across. Keep your head on the swivel, always looking around, including behind you. Always aproach corners with caution. One thats good, is as you aroach a corner, reach back with the arm on the same side of the corner, reach back and scratch the back of your neck, keeping your arm to your head, this way it looks nice and casual and wont attrack attention. The is also the basic hook block in boxig. Also most attackers as such. They are like lions looking for weak cantalope. Carry yourself with pride and confidence. Part of that is not looking at the ground. Situational awareness is your first and best line if defense.

Like when it happend to me, although it seemed like I was getting hit in the face. I must have had the Tony Blauer "Oh **** block" up. Had I not had my head up I wouldn't have seen it comming. And definatly wouldn't have come out smelling dasiy fresh.

[This message has been edited by otobeawanker (edited 10-01-2004).]

Re: Getting Jumped - 10/01/04 05:28 PM

yeah he punched one in the throat and broke the other guys arm. I think that it was i appropriate seeing as they were kicking my friend in the head.