just wanted to know

Posted by: Anonymous

just wanted to know - 07/28/04 04:02 PM

I was wondering is there way to make the skin on my face tougher so when i get punched it wont bleed or nothing.
Posted by: schanne

Re: just wanted to know - 07/28/04 04:14 PM

The best way is to bang your face with a stick or rolling pin like the guys recommend on the shin forum. LOL are you serious?
Posted by: WADO

Re: just wanted to know - 07/28/04 04:32 PM

The best way to make skin tough is to scar it, but I wouldn't recomend it. The skin on the face bleeds easier than the skin anywhere else on the body but it heals the fastest. It is natural for skin to bleed when hit, you can keep your nose from bleeding by moving it around right before a fight with your hand.
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: just wanted to know - 07/28/04 09:44 PM

Kick yourself repeatedly in the face alternating left foot right foot left foot right foot. This ancient technique is also good for ab muscles flexibility and migraines.
Posted by: Raul Perez

Re: just wanted to know - 07/28/04 10:12 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fighter_#1:
I was wondering is there way to make the skin on my face tougher so when i get punched it wont bleed or nothing.[/QUOTE]

To answer your question... no. I feel that is the nicest response you may get to your question.
Posted by: Yojimbo558

Re: just wanted to know - 07/29/04 04:05 AM

Hi Fighter_#1,

Ok...an odd request. Although personally I'd rather avoid the strikes to the face.

If you want to toughen up the skin of your face among other areas, all you have to do is become an Iron Man Triathaloner [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

No it won't keep you from bleeding, but if you look at the long time practioners their skin takes on an almost leather, weathered type appearance. This is due to the skin increasing its layering in order to deal with the mass exposure to the elements. All you need to due is begin running 70 miles per week...bike 115 miles per week...swim at least 3 times a week for about 3 miles each time and as the years pass you'll see your skin thicken. Of course this will severely cut into your martial art training time...but it will toughen your skin.

On a more serious note though...you are aware that boxers when they're knocked out...that this results in minor bleeding within the brain? Regardless of your answer...I suggest you follow everyone elses advice and train on protecting your head and avoid being hit there. You'll never toughen your face up enough to prevent someone from breaking your skin.

Eric
Posted by: JohnL

Re: just wanted to know - 07/29/04 07:53 AM

I've heard that apple cider vinegar is good for this.

Rub it all over the area you want toughened, 3 times a day, and then try and get a date.
[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

JohnL
Posted by: still wadowoman

Re: just wanted to know - 07/29/04 08:35 AM

roflmao.
I still smell like a chip!
Sharon