what should i do according to my size

Posted by: Anonymous

what should i do according to my size - 07/07/04 11:06 AM

im 16 and attending high school. in this particualr region theres alot of street fights and toughies and people like that so fighting is almost inevitable.

Im roughly 6'2 250 lbs and quite strong. i have some karate experience and kickboxing.
im not very fast and dont have intense balance. so what i wanna know is what a guy with my pyshical attributes shud focus mostly on in a street fight. shud i attempt to mount them ( them being normal, prolly untrained street kids) shud i try and throw them around. even tho i know u shud act on instinct and do whatever comes to ur head, but what shud i try to do with my size, how can i use it effectively?

Re: what should i do according to my size - 07/13/04 11:37 AM

use your size non agresivly, stay carm and think clearly,
if their is no one you can call for help!
i,e, teachers,securaty or freinds,
have a quick look around and plan an ascape because some times ther may be more then 1 person that wants to fight you.
if some one does get to close, yous your elbows and knees to escape and cover
use kicks to keep them away.
fighting in schools is not the place and shouldn't hapen.
if you want to fight join a local club and do it profeshionally.

Re: what should i do according to my size - 07/14/04 11:55 AM

i totally agree with thatand feel the same way but some other ppl here dont see it that way, everyone has gotta prove how big and tuff they are, i cud just go through life staying outta crap like that but with ppl here like they are its hard, but i deff am gratefull for the advice
Posted by: schanne

Re: what should i do according to my size - 07/14/04 01:05 PM

Why not get back to basics and start training again. What kind of Karate did you used to take? Most "toughies" don't like to pick on black belts that are 6-2 & 250lbs. Use what ya got! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: Telepath

Re: what should i do according to my size - 07/14/04 03:40 PM

lol actually when i was in highschool i had more fights because people knew i trained. i got stupid challeneges so much that whenever there was a shcool fight i was automatically taken to the principle even if i wasn't in it
Posted by: schanne

Re: what should i do according to my size - 07/14/04 04:12 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Telepath:
lol actually when i was in highschool i had more fights because people knew i trained. i got stupid challeneges so much that whenever there was a shcool fight i was automatically taken to the principle even if i wasn't in it[/QUOTE]

Challenges are common, it's who is the strongest ape in the jungle mentallity. Long as you know when to walk away and laugh it off.
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: what should i do according to my size - 07/14/04 09:33 PM

At your size you are a big kid. A pro and a con. Some will fear you while others will seek you out and target you just to make themselves look like a good fighter. At your size I would recommend grappling. Join the high school wrestling team or Judo or Aikido or BJJ. Your size is easily your greatest asset and should be used accordingly.