do wrestlers rule???

Posted by: Anonymous

do wrestlers rule??? - 07/04/04 02:18 AM

I have seen more than one experienced "martial artist" go down to even a novice wrestler. Is pure wrestling as good as it gets? What training would any one suggest in order to beat a highly skilled wrestler? No adult "wrestling schools" that I know of.thnx for responses
Posted by: joesixpack

Re: do wrestlers rule??? - 07/04/04 02:54 AM

Really? Details please?

If there are no "foul tactics", it is simply sparring.

I am sure an experisence wrestler (not just greco roman, I mean catch as catch can or BJJ in addition to G-R), could be a skilled adversery, but don't buy into the myth. It's like karate in the 60's, tae kwon do in the 70's , tai chi in the 80's, BJJ in the 90's.

I am sure if me and a wrestler and I trained NHB, we would both be exhausted and battered. And it would be fun. I choose not to fight people otuside of training. I don't need to. I don't pick fights, I don't get into situations and some people whoa re all talk can be met by confidence and showing them up for asses.

Wrestling, like kick punch karate, boxing or BJJ is limited to one range. And usually no self defense or weapons.
Posted by: mikelw

Re: do wrestlers rule??? - 07/04/04 09:01 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by revengekiddo:
I have seen more than one experienced "martial artist" go down to even a novice wrestler. Is pure wrestling as good as it gets? What training would any one suggest in order to beat a highly skilled wrestler? No adult "wrestling schools" that I know of.thnx for responses[/QUOTE]

Yes, wrestlers do in fact rule. Pure wrestling is not as good as it gets though. Combine that wrestling with boxing, muay thai, and some BJJ or submission skills and you will be a force to be reckoned with.
Posted by: JKogas

Re: do wrestlers rule??? - 07/04/04 11:16 AM

Mike has double-legged the correct while passing it's guard and taking the mount.

GRAPPLERS rule, not just wrestlers, although they are part of that mix.

Check this out. It's just one of MANY examples:
http://www.bullshido.net/modules.php?s=&name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=14

If that doesn't work, go here:
http://www.bullshido.net/modules.php?s=&name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=1

Click on the first couple of links.

-John

[This message has been edited by JKogas (edited 07-05-2004).]