Question

Posted by: Anonymous

Question - 06/16/04 02:16 PM

I've looked everywhere for the answer to my question and can't seem to find anything.First off I just turned 18 a month ago which marks a year involved with western style boxing. So now to the problem. I had a confertation [ bad spelling I know. ] with a sixteen year old a few odd days ago, after hearing him comment on a friend who recently died. It was verbal and didn't come to blows. Now, he pretty much called me out to meet him at a certain location, [ he'll more than likely have a few of his buddies with him ]. I'm alittle bit worried about this, say if the police were to be involved. Since I'm eightteen. I was wondering would happen given a few situations. I understand this is not a law forum but I couldn't find anyplace else at all. Thanks for your time.
Posted by: schanne

Re: Question - 06/16/04 02:51 PM

Forget the whole thing, it's a bunch of childish BS . Remember your friend the way he was. Your only going to get yourself in trouble, it's not worth the energy and trouble.What happens if someone get seriously hurt or in the worst case, someone falls and hits thier head on something and gets killed. You or that other guy has to live with that guilt for the rest of your life, oh and part of it will probably be in jail.....dam that was a Dad lecture if I ever heard one!! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/frown.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: judderman

Re: Question - 06/16/04 03:42 PM

The law in the UK does allow the use of reasonable/necassary force to defend oneself from unlawful force. I believe that this is much the same in the US.

However it is deemed illegal if you duel, which being called out effectively is. It could be regarded as an unlicenced boxing match, which is also illegal.

If you are so bothered about it, why don't you ask him into the ring? Mind you I doubt it would do anything for your reputation, kicking a 16yr old's ass.

Don't worry too much about it. If the harrassment continues inform the police. They're paid to deal with idiots, you aren't.