self defence question !

Posted by: D^^X

self defence question ! - 06/14/04 01:34 PM

Hi all martial artists! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]
I was wondering if you can give me some leg attack tips in street fight??I am talking about the weakest spots of leg can you tell me those????
On the other hand can you advice me of all body weakest spots ????
Thank you!! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: schanne

Re: self defence question ! - 06/14/04 01:51 PM

Side step to knee. Weakest point of your leg from hip being point "A" and your foot being point "B".It's hard to break a hip and to hard to break someones ankle while standing. If your on the ground there are many ankle breaks that Jujitsu offers, the grapplers love to crank that ankle, it doesn't take much to break either. But your question was the weakest part of the leg and in my opinion that would be the knee.
Your other question was "All the weakest spots" on the body, that a big question dude, buy one of those charts that shows all the striking points, usually every Dojo has one hanging someplace.
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: self defence question ! - 06/14/04 02:50 PM

The ball of the knee or behind the knee. The side is also weak but stronger than the actual ball tendons or back of the knee. The instep of the foot can be crushed. The only way to break someones ankle while standing would be a sharp kick to the side of it but this would still prove to be a challenge. In Muay Thai kicks are use to the sides of the thigh as well. This is less for heavy damage and more for slowing an opponent down. get them worried about their legs after a few solid kicks then fake low and go high. Works for me 9 out of ten times.
Posted by: Raven

Re: self defence question ! - 06/14/04 10:44 PM

Follow their advice, its good. Also if your legs are being targeted, just when the kick is about to make contact, lift your leg, it helps reduce the shcok that is directed to them. Though be careful not to lose your balance.

[This message has been edited by Raven (edited 06-14-2004).]
Posted by: Shaolinboy

Re: self defence question ! - 06/15/04 07:44 AM

The knee, the shins and the back of the legs which includes the hamstrings are very vulnerable. Doing a low side kick to the knee joint will cause considerable pain and will disable a potential attacker!