Rushing/Defense Tackle

Posted by: Anonymous

Rushing/Defense Tackle - 05/18/04 08:27 PM

I was watching these two people fight and I was going to fight one of them but this has happen to me just when me and my friends were playing around they would go do to about waist high and tackle you to the ground and its hard to get out of it. I was wondering if there was any way for a 12 year old to get out of that because in a fight if they get you down they will sit on you and punch you. Or is there any way to stop them when there running towards you from close range or stop them when there tackling you.

Thanks

Re: Rushing/Defense Tackle - 05/18/04 08:35 PM

I always step to the side right when they are about to make contact, than pivot so I'm facing the same direction, and stick my leg out while pushing them over it (w/ my hand on the neck/head area)... Then i got the back.
Posted by: JKogas

Re: Rushing/Defense Tackle - 05/18/04 08:51 PM

Learn to get underhooks and sprawl. Find a wrestling coach and ask him how to do those things. That is the FIRST thing you need to be able to do.

-John
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: Rushing/Defense Tackle - 05/19/04 06:14 PM

High percentage is the sprawl, as jkogas mentions.

Re: Rushing/Defense Tackle - 05/19/04 08:47 PM

Hey man, what i have done really helps. Im not the type that wrestles when i fight. I guiss im more of a brawler type of fighter. This Saturday a guy tried to tackle me. when he made contact i leaned over and wrapped both my arms over to his stomach and squished his belly and that stopped him from pushing me back farther. once i got him to stop, and kneed him in the 4 or 5 times till he let go.
Posted by: JKogas

Re: Rushing/Defense Tackle - 05/19/04 09:17 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CLUBZ:
This Saturday a guy tried to tackle me. when he made contact i leaned over and wrapped both my arms over to his stomach and squished his belly and that stopped him from pushing me back farther. once i got him to stop, and kneed him in the 4 or 5 times till he let go. [/QUOTE]

That maneuver may have worked for you once, but against a good wrestler, LEANING OVER is only going to set you up for a double leg. With your weight behind your opponent (in that method), it makes your legs really light. You can actually be lifted and slammed using a move like that. Be forewarned!

-John
Posted by: John_C

Re: Rushing/Defense Tackle - 05/20/04 03:32 AM

<insert hokey low percentage "defence" instead of a simple, proven, technique like, oo, SPRAWLING, here>
Posted by: ken harding

Re: Rushing/Defense Tackle - 05/21/04 06:14 AM

Sideways movement just before contact is one way.

Watch a little rugby is another. You'll see how to "break" tackles easily and it does does work.

There are many throws you can make will all that momentum on offer too!
Posted by: mikelw

Re: Rushing/Defense Tackle - 05/22/04 12:52 PM

Just sprawl and try to get at least one underhook. If you get the underhook you're not going anywhere.
Posted by: otobeawanker

Re: Rushing/Defense Tackle - 05/24/04 10:15 AM

I'm a striker. I like to hit my opponent and would use very little grappeling on the street. But I still trained thousands of hours of grappeling. Why? So when I fight a grapeller, I can keep him on his feet and dirty box him out. Dirty Boxing is not a cheap technique. It is simply the act boxing while standup grapelling. I'd recommend grappeling for street fighters. Wrestling teaches a couple of bad habits for the UFC style rules.