HELP!!!!!!!!

Posted by: soultaker x

HELP!!!!!!!! - 04/22/04 06:44 PM

im new here and young martial artist [ next belt black :] and to cut the crap i have to fight a wayyy bigger and stronger guy than me sadly im skinny and the other guy looks fat but its mucle basicly im screwed and i need help i dunno what to do how im i gonna fight him help me here
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: HELP!!!!!!!! - 04/22/04 08:02 PM

Movement is your friend.
Do not stay in front going toe to toe. Work angles, stick and move.
Posted by: mikelw

Re: HELP!!!!!!!! - 04/23/04 01:41 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nekogami13 V2.0:
Movement is your friend.
Do not stay in front going toe to toe. Work angles, stick and move.
[/QUOTE]

take him down then gnp his a$$ (if you knwo how to grapple).

OR

let him attack, dodge it and counter

Re: HELP!!!!!!!! - 04/23/04 09:49 AM

thanks alot good advice you guys
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: HELP!!!!!!!! - 04/24/04 01:13 AM

Work his legs. Most bigger guys have a hard time moving there feet and legs fast enough to avoid an attack to them. If hes stronger do NOT grab him. Keep good distance watching your timing and footwork and stick and move.

Re: HELP!!!!!!!! - 04/25/04 10:13 AM

this is good to kno if i face him but his friends might join and there big dudes to if that were to happen should i run? fight? call friends??
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: HELP!!!!!!!! - 04/26/04 03:13 AM

You may have to do all three. Observe the situation and your surroundings. know your distance but keep them guessing. To do this you must have good footwork. When the first gets too close, attack hard. Crush his kneecap, or kick him hard enough on it to knock him down. Then try to put him between you and the other bad guys. Use car keys or other objects as weapons or to distract them long enough to make an escape.
Posted by: reaperblack

Re: HELP!!!!!!!! - 04/30/04 06:19 PM

never tell a little guy to grapple a big guy, poor bastard, this is my advice to you, learn how to step at 45 degree angles off the line of attack, always block to the outside, and he's probably gonna throw a right first.
Posted by: otobeawanker

Re: HELP!!!!!!!! - 05/24/04 01:43 PM

[This message has been edited by otobeawanker (edited 05-26-2004).]

Re: HELP!!!!!!!! - 05/24/04 01:45 PM

Any art with a belt system isn't gonna work in real life. Join a new club. One that will teach you to take a punch and like it.
Posted by: Shaolinboy

Re: HELP!!!!!!!! - 05/26/04 05:29 AM

Well the best thing to do with someone who is bigger than you is to take his legs out and hit them hard. Use some eye jabs but don't let him get near you! as the others have said move and use your legs to keep him at a distance. Learn some pressure points. Do you know if he practices a Martial Art? If you're very careful you could strike to his throat and that should stop him.
Out of interest why do you have to fight this guy?
Posted by: still wadowoman

Re: HELP!!!!!!!! - 05/26/04 07:23 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by otobeawanker:
Any art with a belt system isn't gonna work in real life. Join a new club. One that will teach you to take a punch and like it.

[/QUOTE]

A very sweeping statement.

I have only been doing MA for as long as you say you have, so like you am relatively junior.

However, in that time I have seen good and bad "belt" arts and good and bad "non belt" arts.

It seems to me you have had a bad experience with a "traditional pyjama and belt" art. Please don't tar us all with the same brush.
Sharon

Re: HELP!!!!!!!! - 05/26/04 06:53 PM

That staement was BS, I know. I was just looking for a debate at the time. No hard feelings eh? [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: Raven

Re: HELP!!!!!!!! - 05/27/04 03:19 PM

*coughs* TROLL *coughs* [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]