Vunerable

Posted by: judderman

Vunerable - 07/06/03 01:56 PM

How about if you are vunerable to attack, such as engrossed in a phone call a public telephone?

Carrying bags of shopping?

More importantly, what if you are attacked when with your wife and/or kids? Do you get stuck in, leaving them ungaurded, or submit to the requests of your attacker?

Budo.
Posted by: Ed Glasheen

Re: Vunerable - 07/07/03 02:40 AM

You do what you would normally do, BLAST the guy. Hit him with the phone reciver.Throw the bag of groceries in his face and kick him in the balls. Throw your wife in front of you, use her as a shield. Only if you don't like her [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]Ed
Posted by: Jim

Re: Vunerable - 07/07/03 09:23 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by judderman:
How about if you are vunerable to attack, such as engrossed in a phone call a public telephone?

Carrying bags of shopping?

More importantly, what if you are attacked when with your wife and/or kids? Do you get stuck in, leaving them ungaurded, or submit to the requests of your attacker?

Budo.
[/QUOTE]

What about multiple attackers? Just ot make things truly awful.
Posted by: Ender

Re: Vunerable - 07/07/03 10:45 AM

Comply. Give them what they want.

If it were just me, I would fight, because I can assume the risk of losing my own life. What I could not do is say the same for my family (if i had one).

Just because I feel I could risk my life doesnt mean i should speak for them.

I would comply as long as I could, and if shit goes down, well, I guess Ill just do what I can.
Posted by: Jamoni

Re: Vunerable - 07/07/03 08:26 PM

Hehe. Phone receiver. Hehe.
My ex-wife broke some chicks nose with a phone receiver. Proudest day of my life.
I come home, she comes running out of the house, covered in blood, screaming: "I DID SOMETHING REALLY BAD!!!" Of course I have a heart attack. I say "YOU'RE COVERED IN BLOOD!!" She says "IT'S NOT MINE!!!" At this point, I begin to wonder where to hide the bodies. I say "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!"
She tells me: "I BROKE SOME GIRLS NOSE WITH A PHONE!!"
I start to breath again, and I'm like "Oh, that's all?"
Posted by: madhag

Re: Vunerable - 07/08/03 11:50 AM

if i were carrying groceries, smack'em with the 6-pack of pepsi.
i carry loads of photo equipment all the time, but i never feel vulnerable because i always have a monopod in one hand and a cell phone in the other =)
most of all, no matter how much load you have, always walk with confidence and purpose, back tall, shoulders, head and eyes up, and make eye contact when appropriate.
Posted by: madhag

Re: Vunerable - 07/08/03 11:52 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by madhag:
if i were carrying groceries, smack'em with the 6-pack of pepsi.
i carry loads of photo equipment all the time, but i never feel vulnerable because i always have a monopod in one hand and a cell phone in the other :=)
most of all, no matter how much load you have, always walk with confidence and purpose, back tall, shoulders, head and eyes up, and make eye contact when appropriate.
[/QUOTE]
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Vunerable - 07/08/03 02:38 PM

I never get engrossed in a phone conversation, I am constantly looking around and watching people. Even in face to face conversations.
As for family being present, agree with others-comply until given reason not to,then do what you have to to cover them.

As for multiple attackers-try not to get encircled, run when possible, look for and get weapon, hope medical insurance is paid up.