How do you get faster ?

Posted by: roundhouser

How do you get faster ? - 01/10/03 02:58 AM

If anyone can tell me how to get faster techniques and so on can u please let me know.
thanks
roundhouser.
Posted by: isshinryu kid

Re: How do you get faster ? - 01/10/03 11:19 AM

[QUOTE]Plz Don't be offended ,But wht is ur blt rank.If I know that, I cld tell ya wht ya need 2 Know. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: martial_life

Re: How do you get faster ? - 01/10/03 12:39 PM

Acually, is it better to be faster or more explosive? i'm thinking explosive after you get reasonable speed, cuz even if you can only move a certain speed, if you are moving that fast from the start of your strike to the end of it, i'd guess it'd be more effective. Can anyone kill 2 birds with one stone on this one for me and roundhouser?
Posted by: MrVigerous

Re: How do you get faster ? - 01/10/03 07:28 PM

Proper weight training coupled with repetitive movement- ie high repetition punching on the heavybag for example will help increase the speed and power of your techniques. Contrary to soem popular belief increasing muscle strength (and thereby size)
will increase your speed not decrease it, unless of course the size of the muscle begins to impede range of movement of the limb. The use of correct weight training exercises will recruit fast twitch (Type 2) muscle fibres which grant short duration explosive power. Repetition of technique on the other hand increases motor memory. A combination of the two will in my opinion make your techniques faster.
Regds and good training.
MrV.
Posted by: Jamoni

Re: How do you get faster ? - 01/19/03 11:10 AM

Move sooner.