Self defence sprays UK

Posted by: General_Neo

Self defence sprays UK - 09/03/08 12:46 PM

Hey guys,

i wanted your opinion on something, as i live in the UK, Pepperspray (CS gas) is illegal as it is classed under the firearms act.

therefore there is a defence spray you can buy, i was wondering if you think this would work against an attack..

http://www.stoppa.co.uk/acatalog/StoppaR...CFRlPEAodgET1QQ

thanks for your opinion in advance

take care,
Neo.
Posted by: grumbleweed

Re: Self defence sprays UK - 09/03/08 03:36 PM

maybe a small can of fly spray or wd40 would give you some time to scarper. legal to carry for sure!
Posted by: JMWcorwin

Re: Self defence sprays UK - 09/03/08 05:42 PM

Yeah,

I've seen guys take several blasts of pepper spray ( not the mace/cs stuff, pepper spray) and keep right on coming...only more piss3d off. I would view this as only a "that's the guy who hit me; the one with all that red paint on him" kinda thing. As a deterrent, probably not.
Posted by: General_Neo

Re: Self defence sprays UK - 09/04/08 08:48 AM

Quote:

maybe a small can of fly spray or wd40 would give you some time to scarper. legal to carry for sure!

Yea you are right, it is legal to carry but it wouldnt be legal to use...

check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI3N_a7EydQ&feature=related

this is the effect, or at least the effect on this guy lol

take care guys,
Neo.

P.s where is cord when you need him lol
Posted by: keith1

Re: Self defence sprays UK - 09/21/08 08:03 PM

you may want to check into the strength of the sprays. Some states here in the U.S. some states regulate the strength, but is still legal.
Posted by: oldsteel68

Re: Self defence sprays UK - 11/01/08 02:14 PM

Here is some info on pepper spray legality in regards to state and strength. http://www.supremedefense.com/pepper-spray-laws.html

Pepper spray is effective. But as with anything, some people have more of a tolerance to certain things. A mild pepper spray and devastate some people, and make others laugh in your face. There are some very strong pepper sprays available today. Some even stronger than police issued spray. Get the strongest and your chances of effectiveness increase greatly.
Posted by: rosssmith

The Best Self defence resources for my security - 01/13/09 05:19 AM

Hi,

I have always given prime consideration on my family and my own security and protection. i have also taken major steps to increase our self defence ability in order to face any kind of danger that can challenge my social security and protection.self defence according to me should also include arms and other security tools which can keep me safe and protected all the time. although i have tried a few resources recently for my security and protection. But I liked a couple of them. One of them stood out to be the best for me. The security products of spamalot has enabled me to achieve a great source of self security measure that allows me to stay secured and always protected. The security product of Defendingusa has greatly helped me in this cause.

Ross Smith
Posted by: rosssmith

Re: Self defence sprays UK - 01/14/09 02:24 AM

Hi,

I think Self defence sprays are very useful , i have used them in many situations to protect myself and save my life, i also think keeping a good Self defence spray in my house will allow me to face any dangers which might callenge my security and protection. although i have used many sprays offered by different companies,yet i found the best Self defence spray in a teddybears bladder

It has Pepper Shot™ 1/2 oz.
Pepper Shot™ 2 & 4 oz.
Pepper Shot™ Tri-Pack
PepperPAGER
Wildfire™ 18% Spray
Pepper Pens
Pepper Spray Booklet
Stunning Ring
Lipstick Pepper Spray

I hav got all of them and i can now be safe and secured and increase my self defence option.So i suggest to give it a try and it might solve your self security related problems.

Ross Smith
Posted by: Cord

Re: Self defence sprays UK - 01/14/09 02:43 PM

Quote:

P.s where is cord when you need him lol

Sprays will have their uses and their problems. None of the sprays in the UK will be a reliable enough solution to attack to make them worth the money.
The dye based sprays I like from the point of view of police identification after the fact, and forensic evidence applications (if the crime is severe enough to warrant that expenditure by SOCO), but they are not a 'fight stopper'.

Also, remember that anything that can impede an attacker, can impede you- if you are facing into the wind, you are as likely to help, not hinder your attacker

I personaly knew a guy who I watched get maced by the police, only to rub his hands over his face and then lunge at them rubbing it in their eyes- they had to get backup and the dogs to take him down after that as the arresting officers were unable to continue. Was he drugged up? yes. Was he a complete pit-bull? yes. But unless you know for a fact that you attacker fits neither criteria, then shop strength pepper spray is less use than a chocolate teapot.
Posted by: Ilove2Hit

Re: Self defence sprays UK - 01/16/09 08:07 AM

maybe we find tactics to use chocolate teapots for self defense