Fictional but well portrayed video on Yob Culture

Posted by: Gavin

Fictional but well portrayed video on Yob Culture - 05/14/08 10:25 AM

http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp?ID=11821&Top20=1&rtn=index-top20&nl=2
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Fictional but well portrayed video on Yob Culture - 05/15/08 12:28 AM

It seems that when encountering gang-type violence/mayhem that some of the usual prevention vehicles may not be as effective.

Staying in groups- even when in crowds, gangs have their own crowds and with peer pressure, safety in numbers (for the attackers), and gang mentality, anybody can be a victim.

One thing that struck me also is that there is a difference in being assertive and being challenging. In this and other videos I've seen it seems that the gangs are looking for victims to frighten, but when somebody fights back (a worthy opponent), there are many more of them to jump in. Deescalation should consist of remaining calm and trying to escape the situation. I guess that's not any different from any other situation, then.
Posted by: oldman

Re: Fictional but well portrayed video on Yob Cult - 05/19/08 08:53 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/ar...mp;in_a_source=
Posted by: Neko456

Re: Fictional but well portrayed video on Yob Cult - 05/19/08 11:44 AM

That's why I like the Conceal carry law here a group of out of controlled kids can be controlled by citizens given the power to protect themselves. Kids don't do that kind of thing here not in wide open view or an old lady may blow them out there socks for assaulting her grand daughter.
I've stopped some wanta bes blocking a gas pump holding up people that need gas just because they felt grown ups were too afriad to stop them. I got lucky once confronted they moved on, good for both of us.

I noticed that most of the victims were orinetals that would only happen once here the next time that happen in an area that these minorities resides the outsiders would be beat down by the local gang. Nobody beats or grops their women but them.

The idea that Asian or permissive or weak is just that, some of my friends are Asian and they can be some brave, crazy you don't want to mess with Mfs.
Posted by: JMWcorwin

Re: Fictional but well portrayed video on Yob Cult - 05/19/08 02:22 PM

Last year I saw a situation like this. I was living in a quite city next to a very big city. (saving names cuz I don't think it's really relevent) So, this little sheltered small city is the type you can't turn you're stereo up in the daytime w/o the cops showing up and your grandma could walk her dog at midnight wearing the hope diamond with very low probability of anything bad happening. Ok scene set.

On the very edge of this town, right about where all the rich people stop residing and the poor people start(along with the patrols) is a group of "wish I was a real gangta" idiots. Anyway, the city being what it is they are able to get away with their little BS off to the side. But, one day they happened to put a beating on a defenseless looking asian kid passing through. He happened to be a member of the biggest gang in the Big City we live next to. They came back the next day with baseball bats and handed out a swift lesson in what real gangtsa's do or don't do.

Never underestimate anyone. Not by race, size, gender or otherwise. Don't start none, won't be none. Usually.
Posted by: Shonuff

Re: Fictional but well portrayed video on Yob Cult - 06/15/08 07:26 AM

Here in the uk people have the legal power to use force for their protection or the protection of others, but adults have allowed themselves to become afraid of children.

Teenagers of all people need the strictist strongest and firmest discipline enforced on them because they are trying to assert themselves as independant adults and challenging the authority placed over them despite being nowhere near ready.

The only response that works is for actual men to put children in their place, but it has stopped happening here.

Neko I don't know if your conceal carry laws are a reference to firearms, but if it were the case over here in the uk that firearms were legal we would be in a whole 'nother world of trouble because it wouldn't be the good citizens armed to the teeth it would be the gangs.

I recommend to all those interested in understanding the psychology of modern british yob culture (or if not the psychology certainly the depth of the problem) to check out the movie kidulthood.

From a martial perspective, the only defense against a gang like that depicted in the video is a total commitment to near fatal aggression towards them or absolute dedication to running away. I would choose the former because I'm not fit enough to outrun a gang of 15 year olds. Fortunately for me, British law would hold me in the right no matter how badly I maimed any of the group because I had the honest held beleif that it was necessary to my survival.
Posted by: TKD-Skippi

Re: Fictional but well portrayed video on Yob Cult - 06/15/08 03:32 PM

when i see vids like this....a tiny part of me wishes that the Punisher was real....i know that's not a constructive remark....

Re: Fictional but well portrayed video on Yob Cult - 06/16/08 09:34 AM

CCL is the right to carry a GUN. It hasn't stopped crime here but the Criminal has to pick his victim well or the bell may toll for him, and as in the Raven nevermore.

You guys need something have you heard about Parliment ordaining a new law to stop teenagers and adults from carrying knives because of the recent high rate of death or stabbing in the UK? So weather its Guns, Swords, knives, Sticks, Chains or Stones its the mind of man that must change befor killings or assaults with a weapon Stop. The tool is not at fault though I agree it does make it easier.

I can't find the article its about a month or 2 old.
Posted by: TKD-Skippi

Re: Fictional but well portrayed video on Yob Cult - 06/17/08 06:32 AM

Your right Neko, people will find all manner of ways to hurt people when there minds are bent on it.
Posted by: Shonuff

Re: Fictional but well portrayed video on Yob Cult - 06/18/08 06:46 AM

True, but at least I can run from a knife, or worst comes to worst fight the guy off. When a knife is used collateral damage is almost non existent as opposed to bullets which don't stop until they hit something or someone.

What needs to change here is the British need to regrow the testicles they (we) once had and start confronting the kids who behave badly.

It's not every kid who carries a knife and not every kid stupid enough to pull one out for every little indignation. However if we continue to sit silently scarred of our children we help foster an atmosphere of lawlessness where they feel they have the right to act as they please.
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Fictional but well portrayed video on Yob Cult - 06/21/08 06:37 AM

Amen Brother!
Posted by: Supremor

Re: Fictional but well portrayed video on Yob Cult - 06/30/08 09:01 AM

Well said Shonuff, the problem in Britain is not one of legislation, but of adult culture not taking the responsability to bring up their kids properly and deal with them once they overstep the mark.

Re: Fictional but well portrayed video on Yob Cult - 06/30/08 01:39 PM

That's probably the case but did you see the recent group attack here in the USA of a beating by the 4 girls and 2-3 boys by standers on this one unsuspecting friend. Most of these kids are from decent families. What I'm suggesting is that peer pressure is important issue with todays teens. Sometimes the sqeaky clean kid walking out of your house isn't the same kid on the street. A lot of the kids seem to work hard trying to be someone that they are not.

Being accepted and being tough and mean seems to be what they want to be. In past years I remember the UK case of 9&11 yr. old beating and killing a 2 yr. old bc they wanted to know how it felt to kill someone (I beleive they stated). A similar case happen in the USA, these are the worse of the times.

I do believe you are right in that parents taking hold of their children moral values may bring back the best of times.

Re: Fictional but well portrayed video on Yob Cult - 08/21/08 09:10 AM

Another reason not to target Asians or forigeners in the USA is there have been serveral incidents in which they have retaliated or attacked and murdered someone. Caught a flight back home and have a totally different name and Id, finger prints the same but they Get away clean.

Beware know who you are messing with.