Training to Fight a Marine

Posted by: Valdimar

Training to Fight a Marine - 04/09/07 07:05 PM

How's everyone doing? Glad to be a member of this Forum.

Well, let's get to it. In a few months I may have to go toe-to-toe w/ a young guy getting out of the Marines. I'm 25; he's maybe 21 at the most. But he his taller then me and to be honest the fact that he his in the Marines does make me think he maybe a tough guy to put down. I know that Marines are JUST HUMAN like me ... but...

Now I don't want anyone to get the idea that I'm gunning for this guy for no good reason or anything like. It's not like that at all. Trust me when I say that he is not a good person. He's got a power trip from being in the Marines. He's a criminal {just never been arrested} and has messed w/ my ex.girlfriend. And if things get ugly again I'm not going to back down.

That's why I'm here to hear ideas about how to train better for a possible fight w/ a punk Marine. I'm not w/ out my own training. In my teens I did Jeet Kune Do and Kickboxing for almost two years and for the past 3 months have been doing Krav Maga and gained about 10 pounds of Muscle.

All that being said I'd still like to hear any advice, words of wisdom, training tips and maybe ever personal stories of when you fought a bigger, stronger guy and won.

Thanx everyone!
~R.R.

P.S.
Please no comments about how it's better to not fight. Believe me I know that. But I just think that it might really come to that.
Posted by: MAGon

Re: Training to Fight a Marine - 04/09/07 07:17 PM

Here's the only advice I care to give: As a former Marine myself, yeah, the boot camp experience promotes a giant ego trip. And most of the youngsters stay there while in the Corps. But once you get out, though the pride stays with you, most of us are so relieved to be back home and preoccupied with getting a job and building a life in the civilian world, we get off it and on with our lives. If this guy is like most Marines, you probably won't have a problem. If his problem goes above and beyond that, I suggest you seek advice at your local P.D.
Posted by: shadowkahn

Re: Training to Fight a Marine - 04/09/07 07:43 PM

Quote:

How's everyone doing? Glad to be a member of this Forum.

Welcome aboard.

Quote:

In a few months I may have to go toe-to-toe w/ a young guy getting out of the Marines.

No you don't. You might CHOOSE to go toe to toe with him, but if you know he's going to attack you, call the cops and get a restraining order. You might also call up his base and talk to his commanding officer since, last I checked, the Marine Corps brass doesn't appreciate psycho idiots in their ranks.

Quote:

That's why I'm here to hear ideas about how to train better for a possible fight w/ a punk Marine.

I recommend a course in diplomacy, and you might think about joining a track team since the best self defense move is always running.

Quote:

Please no comments about how it's better to not fight. Believe me I know that. But I just think that it might really come to that.

Sorry. This is not Earl's House of Whup-ass. If you come on here looking for self defense advice, you'll get good answers. If you come on here looking for advice about an avoidable fight, you're going to get the "don't fight" comments, especially if you come off as someone who's looking for the fight. If you think it's going to get ugly the next time you see him then, duh, don't see him. Easy as that.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you how to bludgeon someone just because you don't like him, and I don't think many of the other users here will do that either.

Re: Training to Fight a Marine - 04/09/07 07:59 PM

Hey MAGon and Shadowkahn. Thanx a lot for the replies. I wanted to hear some words of wisdon and you both hand some good advice. Shadow. you areright I would be Choosing to fight. It's not a "Have to".

MAGon, can I ask what if any Hand-to-Hand training is taught in Bootcamp? Is it pretty much the same as the books and Manuals you can get from Paladin Press and Amazon.com?

AND PLEASE ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO ADD THEIR 2 CENTS PLEASE FEEL FREE. I'M A SPONGE RIGHT NOW FOR INFORMATION.
Posted by: Kimo2007

Re: Training to Fight a Marine - 04/09/07 10:28 PM

Gotta say I am 100% with Shadowkwan (sp?) on this.

"The ultimate good lies not is in winning a thousand battles, but avoiding a single conflict...SIR!"

That is not to say you live your life in fear or running but you don't seek out a fight. It's not your place to dole out justice because you think he is a punk.

Now you could watch the 12 ways to win any street fight video, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Re: Training to Fight a Marine - 04/10/07 06:08 PM

Quote:

"The ultimate good lies not is in winning a thousand battles, but avoiding a single conflict...SIR!"

That is not to say you live your life in fear or running but you don't seek out a fight. It's not your place to dole out justice because you think he is a punk.

Now you could watch the 12 ways to win any street fight video, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I know there's a video called 12 shots to escape any street fight. Is that what you were talking about?
Posted by: shadowkahn

Re: Training to Fight a Marine - 04/10/07 06:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I know there's a video called 12 shots to escape any street fight. Is that what you were talking about?

Unless you already understand the system that video represents, it's not going to help you. Avoid the fight.
Posted by: Jamoni

Re: Training to Fight a Marine - 04/11/07 02:03 AM

Wow. He "messed" with your girlfriend, huh? Well, I guess you HAVE to fight him, then!
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Training to Fight a Marine - 04/11/07 05:16 AM

This is a self defence forum, not a fight club. The best defence is not to be there. If you want to learn to fight this isn't the place. Thread locked.