100 year-old man defends self from three muggers

Posted by: Zombie Zero

100 year-old man defends self from three muggers - 02/28/07 09:00 AM

Trust me... stay the hell off this guy's lawn.

Story here
Posted by: MattJ

Re: 100 year-old man defends self from three muggers - 02/28/07 10:25 AM

Dang! 100 y/o and still works 5 days a week?! WTF.

Quote:

"I went mad. I was lashing out on the floor and then I stood up and was kicking them all.

"I pushed one and kung-fu kicked the other one between the legs."

Kung fu kick, LOL. Good for him, though.
Posted by: FightingFeet

Re: 100 year-old man defends self from three mugge - 02/28/07 11:13 AM

He sure can fight. He's stronger than my granddad.
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: 100 year-old man defends self from three muggers - 03/02/07 07:15 AM

He was born in 1907!!! before WWI!!!

They don't make people like that anymore.

Whatever he's got, he should can it.
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: 100 year-old man defends self from three muggers - 11/30/07 03:10 AM

That generation was full of studs. And the next couple generations. Now our generation is full of guys like this: http://www.greenhousecatalog.com/images/orchid%20growing%20book.jpg and http://www.allspiritfitness.com/library/graphicsR/YogaWimps.gif and especially guys like these: http://www.cmukgb.org/images/activities/mystery/geeks.jpg
Posted by: Blackrainbow

Re: 100 year-old man defends self from three muggers - 11/30/07 07:10 AM

You sure are right about not making them like that anymore. My wife's grandfather came over to the states from Sicily when he was about 19. He joined the army and fought in some of the most hellish battles of WW1. He came back to the states and got married, and raised a family. He ran a very successful shoe repair business retiring at the age of 88 only because the city bought out his shop to put in a bus lane on the street. He passed away at 104 years of age.I'll bet the old guy in the article lives to at least 110. God bless him.
Posted by: globetrotter

Re: 100 year-old man defends self from three muggers - 11/30/07 01:28 PM

yeah, my grandfather was a little old man when I knew him, and seemed sort of soft and a little efeminate by american standards. after fighting in wwi, he took his wife across the world as an emigrant to canada, worked as a porter in a department store and then ran a trading post and a mink farm on an indian reservation for 40 years. talk about a tough old man.
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: 100 year-old man defends self from three mugge - 11/30/07 04:51 PM

And even in their young days, most of them weren't big and buff and beefy which today is a symbol of strength, rather they were lean and hard and just mentally tough and calloused. Some of those guys could go hard all day long with labor. Maybe not bench 500 lbs. and squat 800 but they could bust their asses all day and fight those big battles. We're lazy today. I wish I could say I was like that. I'm pretty lazy though. Tough but lazy. Necessity is the missing link I guess. And being raised to beleive you're nothing if you're not tough and hardworking. Now the philosophy is often "Eh just do whatever the hell you want" or "Well whenever you get a spare moment take care of this" and then they do it for you....like my mom. ugh I hate it.
We're dumber these days as well, or just too concerned with our own selfishness to do what's right AND smart.
Certainly some areas still got it though.
The problem is we have a lot of leaders like this. And more are on the way.
Posted by: IExcalibui2

Re: 100 year-old man defends self from three mugge - 12/26/07 02:25 PM

times have indeed changed...we're all, in general, too lazy and well fed. We're richer than before and have housing over our heads.

older generations? well...it seemed like a struggle to get through the day with working long, hard hours, low income, crap housing and food, and for immigrant families, bad neighborhoods.

Why dont we just bring that all back?? hahaha
Posted by: Isshinryukid4life

Re: 100 year-old man defends self from three muggers - 01/11/08 03:26 PM

Priceless...
Posted by: Th0r

Re: 100 year-old man defends self from three mugge - 01/13/08 04:28 PM

Its good some people still stand up for there right to self defence.
Posted by: used2b

Re: 100 year-old man defends self from three mugge - 01/19/08 10:31 PM

good for the old feller and shame on the punks that were going to try and take advantage of him. i would say they should come and take my wallet, but theres no need in that now is there