2 vs. 8 people

Posted by: Jasonb61

2 vs. 8 people - 07/28/06 11:28 PM

This isnt a soap opera so i'll spare the details... but A friend of mine had some words with one guy etc and so it turns out that 8 guys want to jump him and I happen to be with him when they confront him... well, we keep our cool and manage to leave because of nearby cops lol...

anyways, my question... if this situation were to come up again, how should the two of us defend ourselves against about 8-10 GOOD sized guys? I'm a peaceful person and my knowlege for fighting is mainly for self-defense... I'm not worried about fighting too fair in this fight since they believe 8 vs. 2 is a good number... I've been told to kick in knees, to poking eyes, all kinds of crap lol... but i just want to know what to do so maybe they will get the point we're not scared to fight back if needed.

Thanks,
-Jason
Posted by: Kazama

Re: 2 vs. 8 people - 07/29/06 09:56 AM

Well, I'm a pretty strong/muscular guy and I would try to run. that's what I would recommend. If you have someone in your way, kick them in the knee,groin, gouge eyes, whatever, and run. If it was 2 on 5, maybe. 1 on 3, maybe. 2 on 10? Hell no. Of course, if your very confident you guys can win without getting beat up to bad (because with those numbers, im pretty sure you will get hit at least once)drop the biggest ones first. That's bad morale for your opponents, and you won't have to worry about them when you get tired. By the way, don't go by this post alone. I've been known to not know what I'm talking about.
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: 2 vs. 8 people - 07/29/06 10:07 AM

Kazama is right on the money. Turn and run. If 8-10 guys are attacking you and a friend, hurting one or two of them isn't going to deter them. Something of a pack mentality.

Bear in mind a general rule for SD: For every person you face, your chances of not getting hurt reduce by 50%. Against 10 people.... you do the math. It wouldn't be a question if you get hurt, just how badly.

There are martial arts like Bagua and Aikido that deal with multiple attackers. But it basically involves using a single attacker as a block/porjectile against the others.

Best thing to do is what you and your friend did: walk away.

Re: 2 vs. 8 people - 07/29/06 01:36 PM

Yes, walking away is my choice as well... however, these guys were very aggressive and I dont think they'd just let us walk away...I guess I was looking for what to do when you are backed into a corner and forced to fight... my friend is very strong and I have a small feeling that the guys were a little intimidated... 2 just sat in their trucks, 3 other guys just ran their mouth, and the rest just stood there.. but for about 15 mins they cussed and screamed but never laid a single finger on us. Thanks for the help! It takes a very sorry type of person to go 8 on 2 and I just want to know what to do if we are forced to fight... Or something I can do to disable a person quickly so I can focus on the others in case of other group fights Thanks
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: 2 vs. 8 people - 07/29/06 01:46 PM

Well, if you had to, you have to get rid of the quick.

MattJ posted this a while ago. Check it out:

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/15859507/an/0/page/1#15859507
Posted by: Kazama

Re: 2 vs. 8 people - 07/29/06 02:10 PM

With those kinda numbers, fighting dirty is o.k in my book. Pick up a stick, chair, whatever. Because if they are not going to fight fair, neither should you.
Posted by: pepto_bismol

Re: 2 vs. 8 people - 07/29/06 05:52 PM

Quote:

With those kinda numbers, fighting dirty is o.k in my book. Pick up a stick, chair, whatever. Because if they are not going to fight fair, neither should you.

Cmon, doesn't the mystical mountain hermit know that there is no such thing as fair fighting?
Wait... a new idea for a thread
Posted by: paradoxbox

Re: 2 vs. 8 people - 07/29/06 07:43 PM

8vs2 is a sure way to get an ass kicking unless you guys are very good and the other guys are very bad.

May I suggest avoiding them altogether.
Posted by: pepto_bismol

Re: 2 vs. 8 people - 07/29/06 08:18 PM

Quote:

This isnt a soap opera so i'll spare the details... but A friend of mine had some words with one guy etc and so it turns out that 8 guys want to jump him and I happen to be with him when they confront him... well, we keep our cool and manage to leave because of nearby cops lol...

anyways, my question... if this situation were to come up again, how should the two of us defend ourselves against about 8-10 GOOD sized guys? I'm a peaceful person and my knowlege for fighting is mainly for self-defense... I'm not worried about fighting too fair in this fight since they believe 8 vs. 2 is a good number... I've been told to kick in knees, to poking eyes, all kinds of crap lol... but i just want to know what to do so maybe they will get the point we're not scared to fight back if needed.

Thanks,
-Jason

Are you sure that the person you are facing has friends that will back him up? Maybe you need to make an example out of somebody... actually disregard that thought

avoiding them is a good idea. No point in fighting over your ego.

Re: 2 vs. 8 people - 07/29/06 09:39 PM

well, im not going looking for them but I was more concerned of being cornered again without warning as it did last time... there was this short guy who got all in my face and it took a lot to not knock him out but then the other 7 may have ensued upon me and my friend... i'll find that short [censored] later lol
Posted by: webby

Re: 2 vs. 8 people - 08/09/06 10:54 AM

well i would say try and talk your self out of it, if that doesnt work, maitain eye contact with the "leader" of the group, the dude who seems to be leading, then try and run, by kicking in the groin or knee to the closes person to the exit, or a full powerd elbow to the nose should give you time to make a quick exit, but if the worse comes to the worse and you cant get away, stick by your friend,back to back,use effective strikes like lowing kickin or fingers to the eyes, punches and elbow to the nose and face. when they see you are not afraid to defend you they may back off!!

hope i helped!!
Posted by: nauschalk

Re: 2 vs. 8 people - 08/13/06 01:55 AM

Here is what I'll give you advice.

If you are 2 vs 8 and considering running. DONT HIT one of them first. If you just run off they'll be alot less motivated to come after yall. However you kick one of them in the nuts... they are gonna be a bit more riled up and alot more willing to chase yall down and try and knock _your_ nuts out of yer mouth.

So just run off.

If you wanna fight them. I advise going apeshit, but before you say, apeshit? just go crazy? Well sort of yeah but theres a little more to it than that. I know most people talk about keeping focus and maintaining your cool. But the real truth is. You cant sit there and tell yourself to keep your cool and keep focused. It's just gotta all go together by blocking out alot of your normal rational thought. I think of it sort of as a battle fever. Just get yourself damn mean as hell, freaking mad dog fighting mean and freaking lay it out on them.

Getting mean is my "secret" to physical altercations.

If they got weapons and you can't or don't want to run get yourself some weapons. If they got guns though, unless you really have no problems dieing I'd run off. Its very unlikely that a bunch of jack asses are going to shoot you to death, they most likely want to scare you.

However if its a crack dealer who you [censored] off of some thugs who are cracked out and want to mug you, then yeah... they are the ones you gotta worry about really shooting you. The last time I ever dealt with a [censored] off crackdealer and his posse who had surround me and my friend I was luckily in my car and just hit the gas and aimed my car at him and hit the gas. He jumped out of the way without shooting at me and i sped off.

The real thing is. If you want to fight these guys you are going to go do it. If you don't want to fight them, and you really dont want to, then you don't need to come to a website like this for advice. Just use your head and stay away from any sort of place and out of any sort of situation where you are going to have to fight with them. They are probably just a bunch of dumb asses and aint going to mean [censored] to you in a month or two.
Posted by: SilkyFighter

Re: 2 vs. 8 people - 08/29/06 12:59 AM

Quote:

I'm not worried about fighting too fair in this fight since they believe 8 vs. 2 is a good number...

Why would you be worried about fighting fair in this type of situation. You should be concerned about doing WHATEVER it takes as quickly and efficiently as possible to get yourself out of there. Let me add that running or talking yourself out would be the best thing.
Posted by: Big_Rob

Re: 2 vs. 8 people - 08/30/06 01:20 AM

Interesting question, aside from what everyone else mentioned, first you must remember that you may see these people at a later date and they may jump you. Fighting is always the last option, it is too easy to get killed, jailed, or seriously injured.

However if you have no avenues of escape and you can not talk them down then your best beat is to quickly and violently remove the Loud mouth, attack before they attack you.
Remove an ear or bit off a nose or something like that. Show the others and act crazy.
After the individual who is motivating the group is removed there is a very good chance the others will attend to their injured friend and give you an opportunity to leave.

Second thing to consider is if you’ve ever been attacked by more then 2 people you would know that the 3rd, 4th, 5th, ect.. individuals don’t have a whole lot to do other then get in the way of the primary 2. if the others are not restraining you then there is little damage that more then 2 can do to you that 2 can not.

Improvised weapons and psychology are things to look into as well.

Finally if you are with a friend then you will want to focus on 1 person at a time. You need to create a 2 on 1 situation and use mobility to triangulate and create human barriers, wedges and shields.

Not a situation I think anyone would have a whole lot of luck in. But when you get out of the hospital please let us know how it went.
Posted by: jamestkdkungfu

Re: 2 vs. 8 people - 08/30/06 11:18 PM

i know what you mean i was in the same situation a couple months ago except a knife was drawn by the short guy running his mouth when he realized his freinds werent ganna help him if he jumped me and my freind so we ran like hell. lucky this guy wasnt liked by what he thought were his freinds...lucky...