What is your view on "gangstas"?

Posted by: Little Dragon

What is your view on "gangstas"? - 02/17/06 04:56 PM

Hi there,

It is not my intention to offend anybody or anybody's opinion, but I have been noticing lately that grown-ups and kids especially, that try to act like "gangstas"(by the way I hate that term)Know which ones I'm talking about?The ones that sag and act like they're all tough and can take on anybody, they aren't really in a gang they just say they are. I have also seen some adults do this kind of c**p, they encourage their kids to do this.I mean, What in the world are they thinking?!Haven't they noticed that this looks really ridiculous?Like in schools, there's a bunch of "thugs" walking together, they're all looking all "tough" if you just look at them, they start cursing and swearing they'll kill you after school and a bunch of other dumb threats, but if you see one of them by their selves they're totally different.It's like they show who they really are. Scared little punks, that's what bothers me the most, they need they're little "gang" or click" to defend them. What I have also seen is that they carry "flags" which are nothing, but different colored bandanas that "represent their territory" or "hood". I mean different colored gangs?!This is something kindergartners should do. People should really consider growing up. I was just wondering what is your opinion on these people? Please do not take this offensively, it's just my view and opinion on the situation. Thank you

Little Dragon

-The expert in anything was once a begginer
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: What is your view on "gangstas"? - 02/17/06 06:26 PM

My opinion is that they are a nuisance. Have you got a more productive question to ask? or is this just a thread based around complaining about people who pose no threat (according to you) and have no relation to self defense techniques?

Perhaps we could divert this into a productive discussion by asking how you can tell the difference between these people and genuine gangsters?
Posted by: RockHard Huy

Re: What is your view on "gangstas"? - 02/17/06 06:43 PM

Do not make such gross over generalization based simply on what they choose to wear; it is a difference in likes and dislikes. I mean, girls are obviously all cowards because they wear funny little dresses that expose their underwear.

I approach "gangstas" as human beings and judge them each individually. Why have there been so many post regarding gangsters lately?

EDIT:
Quote:

Like in schools, there's a bunch of "thugs" walking together, they're all looking all "tough" if you just look at them, they start cursing and swearing they'll kill you after school and a bunch of other dumb threats,

Here's a funny story that happened today and doesn't really merit its own thread: Playing off the assumptions made by people like you, a group of "gangstas" played a trick on the school today. All they did was stand in a circle. Immediately all the other children and teachers came running, assuming that there would be a fight... just because there was a group of them. I was sitting right there and thought it quite funny.
Posted by: jamestkdkungfu

Re: What is your view on "gangstas"? - 02/18/06 12:44 AM

all i have to say is if they are wanting to figth in a group its just lame and second who cares ignore them they not saying that all people who act gangsta suck i know some nice ones and good fighter ones too.but otherwise there alotof people who like to fight who cant so how do they learn they fight and they get there freinds to jump in then they start to lose so they dont end up beat up bad eventally these people can be a serious threat because they fight so much they learn they start to win and they dont need the freinds so much then you have a bunch of good fighters not lame ones so be careful of them no matter how far good they are at fighting if its a group wanting to fight run and hope they arent fast. (oh and some like sticks)
Posted by: Cord

Re: What is your view on "gangstas"? - 02/18/06 04:13 AM

There have been two threads recently where this has been discussed at length. On the point of the coloured bandanas, this visual way of recognising friend or foe goes back hundreds, maybe thousands of years. Most recently, and in the context of which you speak, you have the 'Crips' and the 'Bloods' in LA, (there is even a film called 'Colours' based on gang violence in America, its title derived from the bandana concept).
Going back further, The country of Wales has the leek as one of its national symbols. Why? because prior to a battle to keep the english out of their land, the welsh warriors were camped near a field of leeks, and the commander ordered all soldiers to fix one to their clothing so they could identify the enemy more easily in the heat of battle.
Visual identity is not the stuff of playgrounds.

As for modern gangs, look at the existing modern threads.
Posted by: ShangTsung

Re: What is your view on "gangstas"? - 02/18/06 07:25 AM

where i live gangstas belive they are "hard" becaouse they have "hoodies" and listen to 50 cent while in a gang i find they act much harder but when alone there wimps lol
Posted by: HellHoundClan

Re: What is your view on "gangstas"? - 02/18/06 10:36 AM

I can't speak about what people are like now however I have had to sell on the streets and was locked up in the violent crime ward for a 2nd degree assualt with a deadly weapons charge (I also hate the word gangsta, it is a west coast thing and on the east we use crews and that just means what neighborhood your from and has no initiations). Most of you must be from middle America. All you people say that now on the internet but you are the people who locked their car doors as we/I walked by. You guys just go ahead and keep dreaming. I have been through dozens life and death experiences and until you have yourself you have no right to speak ill of the people that did. This thread started by saying they did not want to offend anyone. Well that and all the other posts offends me however it is just the friggin' net and I really could give a ratz azz about any of you or what you sayin'. However thoughts like that could get you killed where I come from. Your not doing yourselves any favor by stroking your egos. Oh and by the way I now make $70k a year legally as a software engineer so we don't all end up in the same place either. It's easy to get free college when you're poor. So not only have I been through prison riots and other [censored] I make more than most of the people here. How that for stroking an ego. Just don't go around dissing people just because you think they are not around. Guess what, we are so be weary of what you say. Now I'm [censored] I wasted so much time on informing you igornorant mofos. I'm out.
Posted by: Cord

Re: What is your view on "gangstas"? - 02/18/06 11:43 AM

Quote:

I make more than most of the people here. How that for stroking an ego.

Rub that ego any harder and a genie may pop out (yawn). if you still judge your success in monetary terms, then whilst you may be 'legit' your mindset hasnt evolved from 'bling being the thing' has it.

Quote:

Guess what, we are so be weary of what you say.

Or what your reformed a$$ will lay a virtual beatdown on us? . Or maybe the internet chapter of your crew will down laptops and head out across the world to pop numerous caps in numerous A$$es? Forgive me if I dont lose any sleep at this stage.

If your life story is true, then hats off to you, but your post has just made you sound a bit silly.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: What is your view on "gangstas"? - 02/18/06 12:42 PM

Wow.

HHC, you do realized you just teed off on some pretty young members of the forum? With your life experience, one would think you would be a bit less aggressive in trying to change people's minds about "perceptions". You just reinforced a bunch of them with your tirade.

Thread locked.