Best thing to do

Posted by: Little Dragon

Best thing to do - 01/20/06 08:19 PM

Hi there,
I would really appreciate it if you took the time to read this post.It does have to do with jr. high kids, I know that nobody likes reading that kind of bulls**t, but please read.I am a 14 year old 8th grader I'm 5'3,115 lbs.I am learning Shotokan Karate at a nearby dojo.Anyway There's this kid who's a ,"Wigger" He's the regular bully that thinks he's a gangster. He's about 5'6 or 5'7 He thinks he can beat up anyone in the school, he is much bigger than most kids and has beat a lot of them.Sometimes for no reason at all he starts intimidating and hitting his friends and even other students. Not all the kids are scared of him,but most of them are.I'm not asking for advice on how to fight him, but what would be the best thing to do if he approaches me with the intention to attack me.Any comments would be greatly appreciated.Thank you.

Little Dragon
Posted by: mean_fighter

Re: Best thing to do - 01/20/06 10:46 PM

Well.......Ummmmm. Ive have met my fare share what you just explained,and the best thing to do is tell adults around you. Teachers, parents,etc. But If he gets in your face,the best thing I could say is to look him in the eye,speak to him clearly that you do not want to fight him and treat him with respect that you would want to be treated. I am 17 years old buddy, and know exactly what you are going through, my advice might seem a little lame but trust me it helps. And if he continues to harrass you,get your parents involved simple as that.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Best thing to do - 01/20/06 10:59 PM

Good advice from a 17yr old mean fighter!

Definately get an adult involved immediately. Someone needs to know you are being bullied and put a stop to it. In this day and age bullying should be taken seriously and not tolerated.
Posted by: Glockmeister

Re: Best thing to do - 01/21/06 08:48 AM

If he is hitting other kids, then you should contact an adult already. That way they can put a stop to it BEFORE he gets to you.
Posted by: schanne

Re: Best thing to do - 01/21/06 12:25 PM

Not telling you to fight but don't ever let anyone bully or push you around, your going to face people like him all your life. He is not looking for conflict ... just victims.
Do you kids ever talk to your "Fathers" believe it or not they are pretty smart people and have been around a lot longer than some of you teenagers

Re: Best thing to do - 01/21/06 01:01 PM

Thanks guys,that's a lot of good advice. This kid kind of stopped his c**p of hitting people at random he started challenging them instead. He tells them he'll meet them in the restroom to,"Bodybox"that's when you can only hit below the head, but above the belt.Anyway the last time he ,"bodyboxed"he hit the kid in the head, he said that had been an,"Accident" he was still declared the winner(as usual).What I wanted to ask was,what if there's no choice but to fight?Should I accept his challenge in the restroom,and do I fight by his rules,or just fight my way?
Thanks
Little Dragon
Posted by: schanne

Re: Best thing to do - 01/21/06 01:31 PM

he'll meet them in the restroom...LOL

still declared the winner......LOL

Bodybox"that's when you can only hit below the head, but above the belt.....LOL

if there's no choice but to fight?.....there are always choices.

Should I accept his challenge in the restroom?....no, didn't you say you train in Shotokan....boy haven't you learned anything yet, your a young man, time to start acting like one.....the "way" is not through fighting.

Re: Best thing to do - 01/21/06 01:45 PM

Quote:

Thanks guys,that's a lot of good advice. This kid kind of stopped his c**p of hitting people at random he started challenging them instead. He tells them he'll meet them in the restroom to,"Bodybox"that's when you can only hit below the head, but above the belt.Anyway the last time he ,"bodyboxed"he hit the kid in the head, he said that had been an,"Accident" he was still declared the winner(as usual).What I wanted to ask was,what if there's no choice but to fight?Should I accept his challenge in the restroom,and do I fight by his rules,or just fight my way?
Thanks
Little Dragon

You almost always have a choice,make the right one and take the advice already given.
This is a ma forum and this thread is on the verge of being locked. We're not going to go back and forth on 'but what if he does this'.

Schanne had good advice too. Don't let anyone bully you.
Bodyboxing,declared the winner,etc...All of this is very immature,grow up,noone will care after highschool who the bathroom punchup winner was.

Re: Best thing to do - 01/21/06 01:57 PM

Hey man sorry for sounding that way, but thanks guys I will use all your advice and comments to avoid fighting.Thanks for taking your time to read and respond.

Little Dragon
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: Best thing to do - 01/21/06 02:41 PM

Please read:

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/15806714/an/0/page/0#15806714

Re: Best thing to do - 01/21/06 07:58 PM

Yes Leo,we know,but I'll do the moderating,thankyou.