Homeless Beaten

Posted by: JasonM

Homeless Beaten - 01/16/06 08:44 AM

Not sure if this was posted. But I wanted to get thoughts and comments on what went down and after watching the video, how would any handle the situation of bats flying at them. What would you do if asleep, especially in your bed like in the homeless guy, and woke to getting pummeled?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/16/homeless.beatings.ap/index.html

The video is the 4th paragraph down.

I apologize if this was posted already and if this is in the wrong topic..
Posted by: traz

Re: Homeless Beaten - 01/16/06 09:33 AM

at that point there's not much you can do...thats pretty sickening, attacking a homelessman with a bat when he's asleep. That takes "kick him while he's down" to a whole other level
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Homeless Beaten - 01/16/06 12:17 PM

Quote:

at that point there's not much you can do

Yup. Cover up and try to get away, like the victim did.

There's no other word for that. It was sickening.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Homeless Beaten - 01/16/06 01:58 PM

Truly disturbing. Not much you can do, short of covering up as much as possible to protect the vitals. You WILL incur substantial injury to the extremeties, but hopefully you can protect the face, neck, etc.

Try to get away beforehand if you are able to.

Re: Homeless Beaten - 01/16/06 03:02 PM

Definitely distrubing and thanks to the ones that replied. Ya gotta wonder where teenagers go wrong and do something like that. At least they have been caught...
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: Homeless Beaten - 01/16/06 04:44 PM

Like most suprise attacks-best you can do is cover, create space and go from there.

Incidents like this really damages my faith in humanity.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Homeless Beaten - 01/16/06 11:18 PM

Just go with your instinct. Personally,I would like to see the homeless man shoot the punks.
Twisted little freaks!
Posted by: oldman

Re: Homeless Beaten - 01/17/06 12:37 AM

Has anyone yet seriously asked themselves what could be the causes and motivations for such an action?
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Homeless Beaten - 01/17/06 12:51 AM

Quote:

Has anyone yet seriously asked themselves what could be the causes and motivations for such an action?

What could it be? Kids who are abused themselves? Kids without structure and guidance in their lives? Escaped mental patients?
Posted by: trevek

Re: Homeless Beaten - 01/17/06 03:16 AM

Not sure I like the mental patients idea... could just be kids who want to see what its like to hurt someone and not get caught.

Pretty sickening, whatever.

Re: Homeless Beaten - 01/17/06 04:33 AM

I have been thinking about that one oldman..I just don't know what would cause a kid to ruin their lives that way. I am no professional and can't say if it would be abuse that they suffered or lack of an idle in their lives. Could it be no parental guidance, could the arts have steered them in the right direction. I like to think that the arts kept me out of mischielf. It is a shame all kids can't follow that same path in the arts....