Jerks on the buss

Posted by: Shadowx

Jerks on the buss - 10/25/05 05:17 PM

Hi everyone I am new to posting but have been visiting these forums for quite some time. I am 16 and a junior in high school. I took shohei ryu karate for a little while but that was a few years ago. I would like to take up some kind of MA but lack the money to do so, anyway I was curious onyour thoughts on the situation that I encountered a few days ago. I recently got a job so had to take a different bus to get there and knew no one on the bus. So I sat in front and listened to my CD player and waited to arrive at my work. Well six kids werre behind me yelling and screaming like they sometimes do. one threw some garbage in my seat. i didn't take it personally I figured he just was getting it out of his eat and not necissarily trying to hit me. Well after a minute one kid tapped poked me in the head but agian I thought perhaps his hand just touched my head. The then it happened again and I turned around and asked what the problem was. Mabye they were suprised that I confronted the problem because even though there were 5 or 6 of them all my size or slightly bigger they all said that it was some other kid. I din't know who to confront because my back was turned when they poked me (sounds funny now lol). Anyway I will have to take this buss again in a few days and I have a feeling there will be a fight. I do not go around looking for fights and in fact I have never been in a real one, but I am geting tired of people just doing stupid stuff like this to me (I think it happens to everyon now and then) and just being the "better man" all the time. While am doubtful that I could normally fight 6 people, I don't think that they all would fight me and the buss means that they wouldn't be able to surround me. I am sure others have been in situations like this and I am looking for a liitle enlightenment on what you would do. Oh and you are probobly wondering about the buss driver, he is not much help he seems nice but is old and if a fight were to break out he obviously would have to deal with driving first.
Posted by: funstick5000

Re: Jerks on the buss - 10/25/05 05:28 PM

talk to the bus driver or conductor, they'll probably throw them off. if it happens repeatedly call the bus company about them, they may bar them from the bus service if these kids arte pestering enough people.
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: Jerks on the buss - 10/25/05 06:01 PM

Don't sit with your back to them.
Ask them nicely, but firmly to stop whatever it is they are doing.
If they continue to act like morons, can you move to a different section of the bus?
If not, bring their behavior to the attention of the driver. I really don't think he can do much,but if there is escalation you have a witness that you attempted other means to resolve the problem.

Do not engage in name calling, chest thumping or any kind of other verbal/non-verbal intimidation ploy. Be polite and firm in you request.
Posted by: Blindsided

Re: Jerks on the buss - 10/25/05 09:45 PM

Probably the way you act. Stuff like that dosnt happen to me and hasnt for along time and it dosnt happen to people who carry themselves with confidence. I would of told them that they were all (moderator edit)not nice people(end edit) for not manning up and telling you who did it; if you take disrespect they will keep doing it. If you get picked on a lot, maybe you should change your posture, how you act, or how you dress.

Moderator diatribe: This is silly advise to a point. He never said he was constantly picked on by everyone. Yes, sometimes your demeanor will attract bullies,sometimes not. Becoming verbally abusive to a group of 6 or more people acting like fools is generally not a bright idea.
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: Jerks on the buss - 10/26/05 11:48 AM

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...0&fpart=all

Please read the forum rules. This thread is in violation of them.

Re: Jerks on the buss - 10/26/05 06:23 PM

I read the forum rules and I don not believe this to be a violation of them and apparently niether does the moderator. Apperently you misunderstood me. I am not being "constantly bullied" I simply said that people often joke or make fun of other people and every once in a while it is you. Since there were six of them I doubt they would have cared how I carried myself , if I walked straight up with my chest out they would probobly think I was a tight ass and would be more likely to screw with me lol. If you have never been messed with in your life chances are you are lying. i'm sure even the toughest, biggest most peopular kid in the school has been picked on a few times. I was hoping to resolve the problem between myself and the other kids not run around trying to have others do it. Also they would never be kicked off the buss unless there already was a fight which would be too late anyway. The school is required by law to provide transportation to and from the school for all "standard activities" For example sports and clubs are different. Those of you who tried to give helpful advice I thank appreciate it.
Posted by: h2whoa

Re: Jerks on the buss - 10/26/05 07:41 PM

Quote:

Hi everyone I am new to posting but have been visiting these forums for quite some time. I am 16 and a junior in high school. I took shohei ryu karate for a little while but that was a few years ago. I would like to take up some kind of MA but lack the money to do so, anyway I was curious onyour thoughts on the situation that I encountered a few days ago. I recently got a job so had to take a different bus to get there and knew no one on the bus. So I sat in front and listened to my CD player and waited to arrive at my work. Well six kids werre behind me yelling and screaming like they sometimes do. one threw some garbage in my seat. i didn't take it personally I figured he just was getting it out of his eat and not necissarily trying to hit me. Well after a minute one kid tapped poked me in the head but agian I thought perhaps his hand just touched my head. The then it happened again and I turned around and asked what the problem was. Mabye they were suprised that I confronted the problem because even though there were 5 or 6 of them all my size or slightly bigger they all said that it was some other kid. I din't know who to confront because my back was turned when they poked me (sounds funny now lol). Anyway I will have to take this buss again in a few days and I have a feeling there will be a fight. I do not go around looking for fights and in fact I have never been in a real one, but I am geting tired of people just doing stupid stuff like this to me (I think it happens to everyon now and then) and just being the "better man" all the time. While am doubtful that I could normally fight 6 people, I don't think that they all would fight me and the buss means that they wouldn't be able to surround me. I am sure others have been in situations like this and I am looking for a liitle enlightenment on what you would do. Oh and you are probobly wondering about the buss driver, he is not much help he seems nice but is old and if a fight were to break out he obviously would have to deal with driving first.

Sit in the back of the bus, they really cant get behind you there, it is still possible to surround or get behind someone sitting in other seats, try catching a train is my best advice. And try not to provoke them. Perhaps you could have been more diplomatic than sying "Whats the problem" these words basically translate to the nearest thug "you better quit or I am going to do something to you", dont ask me how this phenomenon works but this is what I have observed. The diplomatic thing to do when being poked in the head is to move seat...pretty simple.

Good luck in future, if they do get a bit rough with you, dont strike first!

*bows repectfully*
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: Jerks on the buss - 10/27/05 12:51 AM

I'm 16 and a junior too, every once in a while a couple of idiots would start acting up. Don't worry about it, its one of those "bad day" things... unless it becomes constant.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Jerks on the buss - 10/27/05 04:32 AM

If it was on a public bus, and you were on your way to a job, not school, it is perfectly possible that you will never see these guys again- not everyone has regimented transport habits.
The fact that they didnt escalate when you confronted them means they were just being idiots- there was no greater intent than getting a rise out of you, then sniggering to themselves.
If you encounter them again, just sit out of their target area, I doubt they will make the effort to single you out, more likely they will just aim at someone closer to them.
If they do pester you, tell the driver as suggested.
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: Jerks on the buss - 10/27/05 07:48 AM

Quote:

I read the forum rules

I see, I misread your first post.

Re: Jerks on the buss - 10/28/05 03:05 PM

Thank you all for your help. I should have clearifiedd that the buss is from school to work, so everytime I take that buss I do see them. I am not worried about it anymore because since I confronted them tehy haven't done anything, perhaps showing that I wasn't getting all [censored] off or scared solved the problem. Thanks again.
Posted by: globetrotter

Re: Jerks on the buss - 10/28/05 05:38 PM

good luck in the future. might I suggest finding a qualified instructor to study with, so that in the future you may be able to avoid some of the anxiety that this has caused you.
Posted by: awais786

Re: Jerks on the buss - 10/28/05 10:52 PM

I suggest you do what h2whoa said.I too have experinced this first hand.People like the ones you faced are either trying to show off or just trying to start a fight.Although it is possibile that thoses people might not be in the bus next time.(as said above) But if they are there.Try to sit at the back of the bus and just ingore them.They'll get bored evently
Posted by: NRNS

Re: Jerks on the buss - 10/31/05 01:53 PM

now this happens to me all the time being from manchester full of the gangs and lil "crews" of lads thinkin they are big. the best way ive found of dealing with the problem is to confront the one that is mouthin off ( tends to be the leader ). ive had it wer i have been in exactly the same situation and ive turned round as you sed u did and asked them to refrain. but then i am confronted with remarks such as " wel wat if we dnt" so the replies i usually give are " wel if YOU dnt ill make you" then if ur friends want a go send them in but me n u first. they then tend to back off because they know im not bothered about a fight and im well up for it. but probably the best way is to tll the driver or conductor.
Posted by: cks_cropper

Re: Jerks on the buss - 11/17/05 07:59 AM

Well that is certainly one way of reacting to it. I am also in manchester a lot being at UNI there. Although at area where I park my car is really rough. To be honest, if I did something like that there I think I would get my arse kicked by all of them, then my car smashed and burnt out. Which is one main reason for me wanting to get hold of a kosh.

thanx
CKS
Posted by: -orangesiscool-

Re: Jerks on the buss - 11/17/05 10:55 AM

jerks on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round.
Posted by: TaeKwonMiles

Re: Jerks on the buss - 11/19/05 10:48 PM

Ive been in your situation. At all cost try to aviod the fight. Move to a different seat or do what you have to. If a fight does break out and its 6 on 1 do this.... stand up, get in a fighting stance and scream at them as loud as you can. this screaming will scare the [censored] out of your opponents, draw attention to yourself so others can witness or help, and gives you more power. As you scream, attack. Punch to the throat or solar plexus (right below the rib cage). Kick to the groin or knee cap. Use the bottom of your shoe unless your wearing steel toes or hard dress shoes, then take advantage of what you have. After you lay down one or two, the others will chicken out. After all, there all just scared bullies who have to pick on others.
Best of luck to you.
Posted by: Isshinryukid4life

Re: Jerks on the buss - 11/19/05 11:26 PM

Quote:

jerks on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Posted by: Strapo

Re: Jerks on the buss - 11/21/05 05:04 PM

Hey man, I'm the same age, junior and 16.

I'm not a constant victim of bullying, i was bullied a little bit in 5th grade, but thats all I can remember. Personally, if i was in that position i would most likely stand up to them and throw the threats out of my mouth, or get some friends of mine to help me out in such an event, especially if its like 5v1 and theres a possible fight.

This isn't good advice though, what im suggesting is pure rage and is pretty imature. Thats what I would do, but you should listen to what some of the other guys are saying, it sounds like they got the procedure down right. Just dont let those kind of guys push you around, your still a person with dignity.

-ty for reading
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Jerks on the buss - 11/21/05 11:25 PM

Re: Jerks on the buss - 06/25/06 02:04 PM

I know that this post is old but I just wanted to say thanks again to the people who tried to help. I see the one kid every now and again but nothing has happened since. I believe the only reason they singled me ou is because that was the first time I had ridden that buss and theey knew everyone else. Also I did train for 2 or 3 years in Shohei ryu and was a green belt brown stripe (Forget the actual rank name it was amny years ago). I was about to go for a brom belt when I quit. I had to much other stuff to do unfortunatly and my parents thought I needed more time for school or whatever and so I stopped. It was expensive too, but now I regret stopping, I would have liked to atleast stay in another year and mabye get a shot at a black belt but now if I can fnd the money I'll have to satrt all over. Thanks again.