52 Blocks/ JHR

Posted by: BleedEasy

52 Blocks/ JHR - 07/23/05 01:46 PM

Does anyone know about 52 blocks/Jail House Rock. Supposedly a type of street fighting devloped in jail, I read an article about it. It's also called bumrush, and jailhouse boxing. I was wondering if anyone knew any techniques.

You can read about it here
http://stickgrappler.tripod.com/52/52.html
Posted by: Fletch1

Re: 52 Blocks/ JHR - 07/23/05 02:36 PM

Urban legend and marketing hype.

It does not exist in the way that it is being marketed.
Posted by: BleedEasy

Re: 52 Blocks/ JHR - 07/23/05 07:58 PM

can't be because I have seen certain moves done in real life

Re: 52 Blocks/ JHR - 07/24/05 11:00 AM

And how are you certain these moves are part of an established "Prison h2h System"?

Do they include shanking someone while they are naked in the shower? Curb stomping? Pulling their shirt over their head?

I maintain that their being an established "Prison H2H System" is a myth drummed up by people trying to make a buck. The internet is full of stuff like this.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: 52 Blocks/ JHR - 07/24/05 11:07 AM

Fletch is correct. Total BS and marketing hype. Go check Bullshido, there are multiple threads on this. Waste of time.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: 52 Blocks/ JHR - 07/24/05 07:00 PM

Just because yo've seen a few moves done in real life it doesn't validate your belief in that "system" or prove that a certain technique is specific only to that "system."

They throw knees in Muay Thai. I saw a guy throw a knee the other day, therefore he takes muay thai...not really. (bad example, but you get it)

And by the way...I don't see any hardened criminal naming his fighting system after an Elvis Presley song. But that's just personal opinion.
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: 52 Blocks/ JHR - 07/25/05 01:40 AM

Quote:

And by the way...I don't see any hardened criminal naming his fighting system after an Elvis Presley song. But that's just personal opinion.

LOL! Id say thats the popular vote.
Posted by: oldman

Re: 52 Blocks/ JHR - 07/25/05 08:44 AM

52cent?
Posted by: Neko456

Re: 52 Blocks/ JHR - 07/26/05 04:07 PM

It was developed by a Capiero and Silat/Kali Instrcutor Dennis X or something like that. He is a Guru in the other two arts and 1 of JHR fighting stance looks like you got two elbows on either side of your head, you swing them like bull horns. Its an extremely close range system that invovles alot of head butts, silat trips, elbows and knees. It suppose to be quite effective at close range.

I'm sure there are other guards but the main one seems open if the guys has a stickem or shive, just form a outside in view.

Dennis is a Master or Guru in several system of Martial Arts, the above 2 being his favorite.

Re: 52 Blocks/ JHR - 07/26/05 04:18 PM

Ok.

Done here.
Posted by: Cord

Re: 52 Blocks/ JHR - 07/26/05 04:57 PM

'Number 47 turned to number 3,
Said 'your the cutest jailbird i ever did see'

Jailhouse Rock lyric

!!!!! !!!!

You here this in prison, and theres nothing to do but blusher up and buy the dress, you're on a donkey ride to hell
Posted by: Neko456

Re: 52 Blocks/ JHR - 07/27/05 12:32 PM

You work with JHR in your school or you have a version of the same. Some MA experts or Instructor don't give Guru Dennis credit for his method, because it looks a lot like Silats Bull/serpent system. I don't know enough about either to compare and say there no difference.

Re: 52 Blocks/ JHR - 11/10/09 09:07 AM

For reference:

http://www.emptyflower.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=221&mode=threaded&pid=5657

*WARNING HARSH LANGUAGE*
Posted by: JMWcorwin

Re: 52 Blocks/ JHR - 11/16/09 01:46 PM

a "Jailhouse Rock" means something totally different to an excon from Rikers than a title to an Elvis song. wink... Or so I have read.
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: 52 Blocks/ JHR - 11/18/09 04:15 PM

From the site posted above:
"Back in the days all the five percenters use to love to look at Gordon Liu Kung Fu movies, and Gordon Liu first movie Master Killer was the top of the list for the Gods. The reason was because of the knowledge the monks would drop in these movies. Thus later the five percenters come with they own Mathematics of knowledge of self and the world!

I truly believe the five percenters got most of they stuff from these two movies as well a few other shaolin shaw brothers kung fu movies that was dealing with not just fighting but seeking knowledge of self and the code of WuDe. And there was a lot of kung fu movies out around doing that time when the 52 style was invented, displaying the martial arts training process from beginning to end.
You can be walking with your girl, and you may walk pass a God,
that knows you are a five percenter,and they walk up to you and say: GOD
WHAT'S TODAYS MATHEMATICS? If you know the Mathematics for that
day, they give you big time respect, but if you didn't most likely you would get beat down. Man I tell you [censored] was crazy back in the days. LOL"

What is this gibberish supposed to mean?

Re: 52 Blocks/ JHR - 11/19/09 07:32 AM

Stormy -

Check here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nation_of_Gods_and_Earths
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: 52 Blocks/ JHR - 11/20/09 01:55 AM

Weird man. Well, if tough street thugs and prisoners use it it must be good right? What a joke.