Sticking up for a girl

Posted by: Little Dragon

Sticking up for a girl - 06/29/05 01:44 PM

Hello everybody,
I'm an 8th grade boy,and last year I was standing in the lunch line waiting for my turn.There was a girl in front of me, and this wanna-be ganster kid cuts in front of the girl.The girl then tells him to back off, he started pushing and calling the girl a slut and a b***h,I didn't do anything at all,because I've known of people who stick up for others and end up being the one with most problems.I would really appreciate advice and replies.Thank you for reading.
Little Dragon
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: Sticking up for a girl - 06/29/05 03:17 PM

Ahem, moderators.

It's not your business and what you think of as helping she may think of as "interfering". Helping people out of the blue rarely goes rewarded and imho is only justified if significant danger is present. So, you did the right thing.
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: Sticking up for a girl - 06/29/05 04:35 PM

It all boils down to a personal decision.
You made yours, now live with it.
None of us were present, do not know you or anyone else involved, so we really cannot judge the right/wrong of your actions.

Now for my moderator response: Read the sticky about accepted topics for posts. I do not feel this meets the criteria. Under the general talk forum is a nice long thread about helping others, have a look at that one.

Thread locked.