biggest fear(not really but......)

Posted by: DINAMO788

biggest fear(not really but......) - 06/23/05 04:10 PM

fi i ever do get into a fight, i'm think more than likely this will happen: we will square off and almost no matter unless we only throw kick(which we wont), we will have to throw punch, now punches are pretty short range and u step into them a lot, so if both people are comming in close to throw punches, eventually someone will get a hold of someone else by their clothes or arm or somthing then that will turn into a grapple and then there willb e a takedown and ocn eur taken down ur in a very difficult situation to get out of, epecially if ur smaller and light wieght(liek me) and the other guy is big.

so kinda a few questions, in a fight i would throw punches but becuase i'm not big, if we ever get into a grapple of sorts, iw ill most likely get taken down and if i do i dont think i'll be able to push my opponent off. so, if we do get in close and he has a hold of my and tires to take me down, what shoudl i do? if he takes me down and gets on top of me, what shoudl i do?

and here is another thing that worries me even more, if i ever go up against a big guy who can take hits, whats to stop him from comming into me and getting closer while covering up his vital area and once he's close enough juss taking me down. or all he has to do is juss charge at me and i'm afriad my hits wont be strong enough to really stop him. all he woudl ahve to do is come at me and once he is in a good position he can basically juss tackle me down to the ground. how do u defend against somthing like that?

if i'm not being clear enough or somthing is confusing, juss ask me what i mean.

thx in advance for ur advice all u experts
Posted by: JohnL

Re: biggest fear(not really but......) - 06/23/05 05:48 PM

I have no idea why you put your post on the Energy Arts secting, but;

1. If you're concerned about grappling, ask in the Judo section.

2. I suggest you find somewhere to train rather than discuss the issues on a board.

3. You have no idea what will happen in a fight so pre-planning is a waste of time.
Posted by: Zarmat

Re: biggest fear(not really but......) - 06/23/05 06:01 PM

ok im guessing this is a school situation so... the guy is bigger than u and u cant take im down use your suroundigs (mop bucket) smash him in the head, no matter how strong or though the guy is, getting hit in the head hurts.
weak points: the privets
neck or the cavities next to the neck
eyes
behind the knees
or u can use graples and u can strain the muscle
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: biggest fear(not really but......) - 06/24/05 03:35 AM

Do you normaly lose the use of your legs in a stress situation?
You strike, he moves, you should move also to maintain distancing. Can also try low line leg attacks to break his movement.
He attempts to close-you move away.

Other suggestion is learn some grappling and how to work from the clinch.

Keep in mind, proper body mechanics in striking allows you to hit harder than your size would suggest.

Answer boils down to this: Training, training, training

Re: biggest fear(not really but......) - 06/24/05 12:11 PM

actually, this isn't happening to me now but i'm pretty sure that if i would get tino a fight,t hei si what woudl happen. and sry bout posting int he energy arts forum, i was juss looknig in there and thinking bout this so i juss posted, i'll post int he right section next time,sry.

its juss if i get in a fight, all the other guy would have to do is slowly walk towards me coving up his vital areas if i were attack and once close enough, grtab me and i wont really be able to do anything. i know i can juss move but he can move too and if he starts to run at me, all he has to do is get a hand on me to grab me then he can tak me down and once i i'm i dont think i'll be able to do anything.

i know i shoudln't expect to fight and no need to really worry myself and post about hypothentical situations but i think if i ever do get n a fight, this is what will happen. i see a lot of fights and people start throwing punches which arent ranged attacks so eventually they will get in close to eachother while punching and then its very easy to grab each other and if i get grabed theres a good idea i'll get taken down.

if u have any suggestions or ideas or even comments, thx for sharing
Posted by: schanne

Re: biggest fear(not really but......) - 06/24/05 12:26 PM

And I thought my spelling was poor?

Stop trying to plan what your fight will be like, there nothing like what you picture. Real fights are super fast, unhumane, animalistic and your always sorry about it afterward. Fighting is wrong and nothing ever good comes from a fight. Try to consume your mind with better thoughts. Repeat after me....."the grass is green & the sun is warm, again, the grass is green & the sun is warm. aaahhhh
Posted by: Blindsided

Re: biggest fear(not really but......) - 06/24/05 01:01 PM

if i got into a fight without someone on the street i would just punch their face as much as i could as fast as i could, just charge in and hope to daze the [censored] out of them.

Re: biggest fear(not really but......) - 06/24/05 06:16 PM

schanne, i already nkow i shoudl aviod fights at all cost and all that. and i dont know what type of fights u've been in but they are porbably different for someone in their late teens. and i do think the situation i'm describing will be the most probably situation becuase most people really dont know what they are doing and juss try tog et a hold of you and take you down.
i think i'm fairly fast but not all that powerful. now in post fight the two people would probably square off and trhow punches and liek is aid before, punches are close range and u typrically move in when you punch so if both people are throwing punches simultaniously then they are bound tog et drwan in close to each, so close that i coudl be grabbed and then taken down.
and if i'm fighting someone big with a fair amount of muscle, normal hits to liek the chest or side where there is a lot of meat wont really stop someone from juss coming at me until he gets in close enough to take me down.

so basically two things:
how do u stop a big meaty guy thats covering up his vital areas coming at you from juss comming in and taking you down

and: what are some options if you are taken down and there is someone on top of you.

keep in mind mostly likely arent life threatening situations so dont tell me to liek break a guys knee-cap and then snap his neck or anything

and i'll try to be more aware of my typos for you too

thx
Posted by: Warwolph

Re: biggest fear(not really but......) - 06/24/05 06:38 PM

from experience as a child being unpopular because of my uncaring attitude, schoolboy fights leave you powerless. You're scared of hurting the kid but also of getting hurt yourself. learn judo or jujitsu, they'll probably be the best help for this. Big guys can be big but that doesn't mean they don't have their weakness. go for the privates or the higher part of the neck, not many people can stand being pushed in the salivary glands, they usually back off very fast... to be honest, learn a little about anatomy, and that might help you learn to place hits nicely..
Posted by: SANCHIN31

Re: biggest fear(not really but......) - 06/24/05 06:39 PM

Quote:

schanne, i already nkow i shoudl aviod fights at all cost and all that. and i dont know what type of fights u've been in but they are porbably different for someone in their late teens. and i do think the situation i'm describing will be the most probably situation becuase most people really dont know what they are doing and juss try tog et a hold of you and take you down.
i think i'm fairly fast but not all that powerful. now in post fight the two people would probably square off and trhow punches and liek is aid before, punches are close range and u typrically move in when you punch so if both people are throwing punches simultaniously then they are bound tog et drwan in close to each, so close that i coudl be grabbed and then taken down.
and if i'm fighting someone big with a fair amount of muscle, normal hits to liek the chest or side where there is a lot of meat wont really stop someone from juss coming at me until he gets in close enough to take me down.

so basically two things:
how do u stop a big meaty guy thats covering up his vital areas coming at you from juss comming in and taking you down

and: what are some options if you are taken down and there is someone on top of you.

keep in mind mostly likely arent life threatening situations so dont tell me to liek break a guys knee-cap and then snap his neck or anything

and i'll try to be more aware of my typos for you too

thx

Dinamo, You seem like a nice young man,but you won't learn how to fight here.Nekogami is right(training).
If you get into a fight your trainingwill come into play.If he is bigger,training.If it goes to the ground,training.Punches and kickstraining.
You need proper instruction to develop form,ability,muscle memory,and technique.

Re: biggest fear(not really but......) - 06/24/05 07:21 PM

ok, i juss was wondering if u guys had any ideas but i suppose i shoudl jus train for all fighting. but i dont really liek sparring in a class becuase its very different from a real fight.

also i still need to find a good school or instructor. i already psoted about this but if anyone in the metro-Detriot area of MI belongs to a good school or nkows of one, particularly in JKD, please post
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: biggest fear(not really but......) - 06/25/05 08:41 AM

It sounds to me like you are worried about grappling. If this is the case, go join a grappling art, such as Judo, Hapkido, Wrestling, etc. We train for just this situation. You don't have to be big or strong, in fact if you're smaller and faster, you have an advantage in grappling because you have a lower centre of gravity.

There are plenty of ways to floor someone when they get close to you, e.g. single and double leg shoot, hip and shoulder throws, lock-based takedowns and plenty of things to incapacitate your opponent on the ground, e.g. ground n' pound, locks and chokes which are taught in most grappling arts.

I was afraid of just the situation you were talking about, now that I've started training in grappling, I have some realistic ideas about what can be done in that situation.