I wont to know where to start...please

Posted by: Anonymous

I wont to know where to start...please - 03/05/05 11:40 PM

I have been reading some on this thread and heard how some info is incorrect. I know their are search engines, but how can that benefit me when I dont really know from right and wrong about ki QI CHI, or what it is normally called.

Can someone point me in the right direction on to what is BS and what is real. I have no clue how to judge this stuff, nor did I even know of its existence until this forum. I know of the simple test to feel chi is to place your hands in front of you with eyes colsed, body calm, hands in front, etc u guys probalbly know what I mean. TTP I felt something pushing my hands away, making them not wanting to touch??

I know I should research, but I dont know how to BASS my findings on. I wont to LEARN the real stuff, not the fake. I bet you guys get posts like this all the time, but I seriously wont to learn correctly.

Sorry for posting the usual boring question, but I am greatful if you respond.

BTW I think it was funny how those newbies came in and made it to the mods list on their 1st day lol. I think it was from I_Want_to_learn, and someone else too.

I have a point for putting this here. To prove that I have actaully been searching this forum and not asking for everything on a silver plate and handed to me [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]. I know you guys get buged alot, but can I bug an answer out of you this time, please [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]. Thanks for any and all replys because you guys took the time to help lil old me. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/cool.gif[/IMG]

Julayne XP
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: I wont to know where to start...please - 03/06/05 08:08 AM

First off -- it doesn't really matter what 'it' is called. Chi, Qi, and Ki are all the same thing. In Japanese MA's it is usually called Ki and in Chinese martial arts it is called Chi.

[QUOTE]Can someone point me in the right direction on to what is BS and what is real.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much any thread that is NOT discussing teleportation, radki (ki balls, ki flames, etc.) no touch ko's, are good.
Any threads discussing body mechanics, energy circulation, etc, are good too.

[QUOTE]TTP I felt something pushing my hands away, making them not wanting to touch??[/QUOTE]
IMO, this is not a very accurate 'test'. I think that you can fool yourself by feeling the weight of your elbows pull the hands away from the face.
[QUOTE]I know I should research, but I dont know how to BASS my findings on. I wont to LEARN the real stuff, not the fake.[/QUOTE]
I'd go out and get some books on the Internal Martial Arts that will give you a general overview of what these arts are really about. A recommendation would be "the Power of Internal Martial Arts" by B.K. Frantzis.
Here is a link to the book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1...5702275-5424964

[QUOTE]To prove that I have actaully been searching this forum and not asking for everything on a silver plate and handed to me [/QUOTE]
Good for you! Even if everything were anded to you here, you wouldn't get it all because words are no substitute for direct transmition.
Posted by: laf7773

Re: I wont to know where to start...please - 03/06/05 09:53 AM

Take a look at the older threads here that i bumped. They contain some good information. If you really want to get started in IMAs i advise you to check around your local area for schools and check them out. Once you find something your interested in check the some forums and ask the members if they have heard of them. There really is no point in us telling you what style to train if it's not available to you.

Re: I wont to know where to start...please - 03/08/05 10:37 PM

Thanks alot!!! for all your posts. I shall do my best to learn this Info, and to not get tricked into believing the fake stuff!!!

Thanks for the book, just one Q's bout it? Will it give me a foundation so I know right from worng (true to myth) about energy arts?

Re: I wont to know where to start...please - 03/08/05 10:48 PM

PleAES dont get argry at me when I become mislead on this site. I still have no knowledge at the moment and I am bound to make a few mistakes ^_^;