Re: Chi relates to power.....

Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Chi relates to power..... - 03/04/05 06:01 PM

Wrong,chi relates to deception,hatred and violence.You have to learn to become completely cold blooded in order to bring out true power.In a fight you're not thinking about how much you want to help your opponent,you're thinking about how much you want to hurt him/her and you're fueled by rage.

For most people what you said applies to most people,but not for me.

Re: Re: Chi relates to power..... - 03/04/05 11:50 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bukujutsu:
Wrong,chi relates to deception,hatred and violence.You have to learn to become completely cold blooded in order to bring out true power.In a fight you're not thinking about how much you want to help your opponent,you're thinking about how much you want to hurt him/her and you're fueled by rage.

[/QUOTE]

And this is why in 5 years you will be at the same level with your IMA training while others have advanced forward.
Posted by: Bossman

Re: Re: Chi relates to power..... - 03/05/05 01:49 AM

[/QUOTE]

You realy need to see a therapist....

Re: Re: Chi relates to power..... - 03/05/05 06:01 PM

[/QUOTE]

It would depend on the situation you are in and what caused the fight.

By Getting that angry and letting rage kick in, would just make that person a sloppy fighter with lack of focus.

-Joe-

Re: Re: Chi relates to power..... - 03/06/05 02:29 AM

Ah well... it was worth the chance to get a good discussion going on sensitivity and power..
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: Re: Chi relates to power..... - 03/06/05 06:52 AM

Interesting post Bossman.
I think that if you don't have these components to not only your training, but your life in general, then your power will not be full.

Here's my take on he components posted above...

Softness is an essential quality to sticking to your opponent.

Gentleness helps to mislead the opponent that there is no threat and also adds to the ability to connect to your opponent.

Awareness is key if you do not want to be misled by your opponent. Awareness is also vital within yourself. You must have an awareness of your own limits otherwise you will expend all of your power and have nothing left in reserve.

Politeness helps to free the mind of tension due to anger, jealosy etc.

Mindfullness, IMO, is knowing what to do, when to do it, and how much to do.

Sensitivity is BIG! If you are not sensitive, how will you know where you are? How will you know where your opponent is?

Again, these are just my opinins on the subject. Words can be twisted many ways to take many different meanings.

Regards
Chris

Re: Re: Chi relates to power..... - 03/06/05 09:09 AM

Thanks Chris - a good take on it. Most people gravitate to the opposite for power. It takes training and study to find real power within yourself.

Softness - you also have to soften to access the muscles to move and to prevent antagonistic muscle usage.

Gentleness - to be present and unnoticed, a gentle touch will go unnoticed by an opponent with a coarse mind.

Awareness - of both your own and the opponents mind, balance and emotions help you to control.

Politeness - gets you everywhere in life and out of trouble when a mistake occurs, it also allows you to move unnoticed.

Mindfulness - means that you never let your mind with all these qualities slip and give an opportunity to the opponent, it means that your mind permeates every cm of your body giving you spatial awareness.

Sensitivity - the skill of reading, your own emotions and the emotions, balance and movement of the opponent.

These qualities all enhance the flow of chi and are imbued with it - thus true chi power!

[This message has been edited by Bossman (edited 03-06-2005).]