Are we standing on a bridge?

Posted by: Fisherman

Are we standing on a bridge? - 03/02/05 12:36 PM

Are we experiencing a few new trolls lately?
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Are we standing on a bridge? - 03/02/05 12:45 PM

Where is billy goat gruff when you need him?

I say be like the tao, let the soft overcome the hard. Or we could bump a few of the more meaningful/technically explicit threads up to the top.

Re: Are we standing on a bridge? - 03/02/05 12:47 PM

No, no trolls, but people who believe that's more than science can prove...

For example, accupunture was called witchcraft in the 50's and so on, ok we all know that Ki blast are impossible, but there could be still some new fresh techiniques that could be gatherd from Ki training (not Ki explosion for godsake!!! but something else)

Levitation, ok, it's kind of silly thing, but still, because it seems onreallistic, does it mean it could not be done, the effect of the mind has been lately quite researched. For example placebo's...

There is al lot of thing, sure science will find a answer to it, but it takes time..

KMBA

Re: Are we standing on a bridge? - 03/02/05 12:48 PM

[IMG]http://img236.exs.cx/img236/8635/figures8jr.jpg[/IMG]

Re: Are we standing on a bridge? - 03/02/05 12:57 PM

Great post oldman!!!
Actually now that I think of it, that is kinda what I pictured some of these trolls looking like...

[This message has been edited by Fisherman (edited 03-02-2005).]

Re: Are we standing on a bridge? - 03/02/05 01:10 PM

Great one, Oldman.

I think one of these new trolls (VEGETAsama) is actually the new incarnation of an old troll!

Can you guess which one, FOOL!!

Re: Are we standing on a bridge? - 03/02/05 01:17 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KMBA:
No, no trolls, but people who believe that's more than science can prove...

For example, accupunture was called witchcraft in the 50's and so on, ok we all know that Ki blast are impossible, but there could be still some new fresh techiniques that could be gatherd from Ki training (not Ki explosion for godsake!!! but something else)

Levitation, ok, it's kind of silly thing, but still, because it seems onreallistic, does it mean it could not be done, the effect of the mind has been lately quite researched. For example placebo's...

There is al lot of thing, sure science will find a answer to it, but it takes time..

KMBA
[/QUOTE]
ANY ONE WHO SAYS SOMETHING IS INPOSSIBLE IS CLOSED MINDED

Re: Are we standing on a bridge? - 03/02/05 01:22 PM

MATT DO YOU EVEN PRACTASE ENERGY ARTS
Posted by: Reiki

Re: Are we standing on a bridge? - 03/02/05 02:37 PM

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]
oh no.... not another KL
Posted by: Bossman

Re: Are we standing on a bridge? - 03/02/05 02:57 PM

Right... that's it... no more Mr Nice Guy... I'm now going to utilise my ki to rip a tissue and crush a grape! You won't like me when I'm angry.... I metamorphise into Clark Kent!!!

Re: Are we standing on a bridge? - 03/02/05 03:42 PM

I think I'm going to have to manifest one of my 'key' balls and throw it at somebody!!!
Be afraid, be very afraid....

Re: Are we standing on a bridge? - 03/02/05 04:33 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bossman:
Right... that's it... no more Mr Nice Guy... I'm now going to utilise my ki to rip a tissue and crush a grape! You won't like me when I'm angry.... I metamorphise into Clark Kent!!![/QUOTE]

ROFL ... doesnt sound at all like you Steve

****beware falling ki****

Re: Are we standing on a bridge? - 03/02/05 05:02 PM

Fisherman,

I would like to know if I am considered a troll?

-Joe-

Re: Are we standing on a bridge? - 03/02/05 07:07 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Unlimited Possibilities:
Fisherman,

I would like to know if I am considered a troll?

-Joe-
[/QUOTE]

The POSSIBILITIES of you being a troll are UNLIMITED [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

[This message has been edited by ButterflyPalm (edited 03-02-2005).]

Re: Are we standing on a bridge? - 03/02/05 07:23 PM

I'm new here and I'd like to ask if I'd get modded if I posted a topic about the four strange things that have happened to me.

P.S.I've been banned from some game forums because I couldn't control my anger so please don't make me mad because I really enjoy learning about martial arts and ki.

Re: Are we standing on a bridge? - 03/02/05 08:18 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ButterflyPalm:

The POSSIBILITIES of you being a troll are UNLIMITED [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

[This message has been edited by ButterflyPalm (edited 03-02-2005).]
[/QUOTE]

Hahaha....That was definitely a good one ButterflyPalm.

-Joe-

P.S. so is that a yes or no?

[This message has been edited by Unlimited Possibilities (edited 03-02-2005).]
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Are we standing on a bridge? - 03/02/05 09:33 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MrEd:
Where is billy goat gruff when you need him?

I say be like the tao, let the soft overcome the hard. Or we could bump a few of the more meaningful/technically explicit threads up to the top.
[/QUOTE]

I'm right here. I agree that the more meaningful threads should be bumped up. They are kind of like an anti troll defense. They always seem to avoid them. I wonder why.

bukujutsu,

[QUOTE]I'm new here and I'd like to ask if I'd get modded if I posted a topic about the four strange things that have happened to me.
P.S.I've been banned from some game forums because I couldn't control my anger so please don't make me mad because I really enjoy learning about martial arts and ki.[/QUOTE]

It depends on what the strange things are. If they aren't related to IMA or healing arts more than likely. If they have anything to do with levitation, kiblasts or knocking someone down without touching them then yes you will be.

As far as not making you mad, i'm not going to ask anyone to walk on eggshells around you. You will just need to learn to control your temper.

Re: Are we standing on a bridge? - 03/03/05 06:40 AM

Joe

I wouldn't consider you to be a troll. It seems to me that you have a genuine interest in the IMA's.
I guess some people might consider me to be a troll because I like to come out from under my 'bridge' and bite DBZ people.

BTW, I am going to try and find some of the oldie but goodie posts on here and bump them up as a 'troll shield'.
For the 'new' folks, I am going to find the ones that have good info on real IMA principles etc - so keep yer eye's peeled.

Regards
Chris

[This message has been edited by Fisherman (edited 03-03-2005).]

Re: Are we standing on a bridge? - 03/03/05 07:06 AM

Mornin' LAF,

I wasn't trying to imply you were billy goat gruff [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG], I was just making a subtle reference to the old fairy tale where the goat chased the troll off the bridge (also in the first popular PC adventure game, King's Quest I).

I guess we are all trolls and goats, just at different moments. I mean years from now, if forums are still a common means of communication, today's 'trolls' have the POSSIBILITY to be good IMAs, and they might even find the roles reversed (feeling like we do currently). Heaven knows I wasnt always the most mature teenager....

I look forward to the threads Chris is going to bump up....
Posted by: Bossman

Re: Are we standing on a bridge? - 03/03/05 07:33 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Reiki:
ROFL ... doesnt sound at all like you Steve

****beware falling ki****

[/QUOTE]

It was a double strength tissue and a BIG grape! And when I get really angry I use the ancient chant:

Owa tana siam.....

Calms me down no end...

Re: Are we standing on a bridge? - 03/03/05 02:12 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bossman:
It was a double strength tissue and a BIG grape! And when I get really angry I use the ancient chant:

Owa tana siam.....

Calms me down no end...
[/QUOTE]

ROFL@Steve! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

I had to semi-read this out loud to get it, and then I sounded like a complete prat in the office! Everyone wondered why I was falling off my chair laughing.

Re: Are we standing on a bridge? - 03/03/05 02:14 PM

om na padme hum would be a more apt mantra with a big double dose of SHK on the top. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

or 5 large whiskeys, take your pick.
Posted by: nenipp

Re: Are we standing on a bridge? - 03/03/05 02:19 PM

Good, a joke even I can understand, that's more like it!