Ki, how train it?

Posted by: Anonymous

Ki, how train it? - 02/28/05 11:22 AM

Hello everyone,

First I would like to say to all the Dragonball (Z)Fans, it's a nice serie, but don't rely too much on it. But just like every Chinese and Japanese saying/whatsoever, there is a truth in it.

Ki balls, that is to be doubted, but still, it can may visible that Ki is sure one thing we can train al lot more.

As I see it, Ki is just energy, I don't know how, when or whatsoever, but that doesn't mind. We all have seen Shaolin Monks who could performe the Iron Body with succes, (letting other monks beat wooden poles, boards at the Shaolin Monks body's)

Of course, this requires years of dedicated training for every normal human like myself :-) But still, it shows te possibilety of the human race.

Now for example, in Dragonball, to start, it is created for fun, although it almost complety fiction, some things are true but then overreacted quite a bit. For example, when Goku trains with Krilling (who already traint 8 years at a Shaolin Temple) at master Roshi, they don't lear flashy tricks how to shoot Ki, but the get strapped "Turtle Shells" at their back (in the real world this could be weight clothing), the measurements in Dragonball are good to look at, for a Shaolin Monk in Dragonball, it was even difficult to follow this totaly different style.. But enough talk about Dragonball and so on. How can this be put in te real world, not flying or anything, but just using meditation and steady training.

REAL WORLD

First I want to say this is just a thought not an training technique for everyone to practise, so don't try this at home!

If we just remove the crap, flying, Ki-balls we can finnaly go to the other things left, wich are quite possible perhaps. So, when people have trained years of karate or any other martial art en they begin to use heave weight clothing (wich is very heavy at the beginning) They must addapt to and train to gain faster, thus stronger. But the trick is to use Ki/Chi, because if you do this, then I think at least, that you will make great improvement. Of course you should control the basics first, but still, it can make the use of Ki much greater and once you are at the normal speed when you didn't had weighted clothing, you will be twice as fast and strong..

But the question is, will this really work? Because it seems very realistic to me...

Cheers,

KMBA

Re: Ki, how train it? - 02/28/05 11:33 AM

Hello.

There are external movements and internal movements. I beleive adding weight may be of some use IF you are at the appropiate fitness level. However, without knowldege of the proper breathing exercises and form movements, i think you would be largely just training your external muscles.

Here are some examples:
1)Doing dips with a wieght strapped to a proper lifting belt - stengthens triceps and chest muscles

2) Tricep extensions use a 5 or 10lb weight make your arm be an L behind you, and use the dumbell to extend your arm fully behind you. This works the triceps, but more importantly, the connective tissue and tendons.

3) Cable fly rotator cuff exercises 5 - 15 lbs.Works connective tissue in shoulder

4) Situps while holding dumbells .. strenghen the abs

VERY IMPORTANT...tendons and connective tissue do not have the volume of mass associated with them that large muscle groups. Training with heavy weights while targeting stabilizer muscles can result in serious injury

Weight training to stengthen tissue condition well aid in the flow of chi, BUT mental discipline is of the utmost importantce to move energy around and to obtain the proper muscle-skletal configuration to obtain optimum power from a technique.

Sorry my friend, its a long (but rewarding) road

Ed

[This message has been edited by MrEd (edited 02-28-2005).]

[This message has been edited by MrEd (edited 02-28-2005).]

Re: Ki, how train it? - 03/01/05 08:40 AM

I mean, sure flying and Explosions are not real, but still this Qi is still to be strenghtend right, with the proper training.

I mean, if you just train hard and also use weighted clothing, and you try to use as much of this Ki as possible, then it has to be strengthend right?

Or am I missing something...

Off-topic: Ok, there is al lot of bullshit about Qi but still.... Ki balls and that kind of stuff will not happen, but is it possible when you generate Ki or Chi, once you can get it out your body (wich is very difficult I think) use it together with meditation and mindpower..to throw someone/thing away using somekind of a "wind"?? Just a question

KMBA

Re: Ki, how train it? - 03/02/05 11:03 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MrEd:
....However, without knowledge of the proper breathing exercises and form movements, I think you would be largely just training your external muscles......
[/QUOTE]

Mr. Ed is quite generous to reply without saying what I am going to. - You should 'lurk' around the forum before posting, this thread will most likely be locked. There have been so many others like it.

To address DBZ for you before this thread is locked, I have seen all the episodes because some of my old buddies were aspiring comic book artists. From the point of view of a comic book artist, DBZ is the greatest action cartoon of all time, closely followed by X-Men (mid 90's) and Thundercats.
From the point of view of an internal martial artist, DBZ is the worst load of crap that has ever entered the minds of young kids. After all is said and done, training is more productive than theorizing about DBZ on a message board that is full of people sick of hearing about it.

As for the title of your thread, "KI, how train it? You can find the answer to that question on a quarter of threads here. Get an instructor for Taiji, Baguazhang, or Xingyi and start training. Your concept of ki sounds hollywarped.

steve

Re: Ki, how train it? - 03/02/05 11:30 AM

HOW CAN YOU SAY KI BALLS, FLYING,OR ENEYTHING FOR THAT MATTER IS NOT REAL.
IN THE INFINETE UNIVERES ENEYTHING IS POSIBLE

Re: Ki, how train it? - 03/02/05 11:35 AM

HOW CAN YOU SAY KI BALLS, FLYING,OR ENEYTHING FOR THAT MATTER IS NOT REAL.
IN THE INFINETE UNIVERES ENEYTHING IS POSIBLE

Re: Ki, how train it? - 03/02/05 05:39 PM

Yea, another species on another planet could be flying around by using their Ki, and we would all be considered the stupid ones compared to them.(not being Sarcastic)

It really all comes down to the definition of a Ki ball and Ki blast in everybodies own individual mind. A Ki Blast to one person could be blowing up a mountain. A Ki blast to another person could be knocking over a piece of paper. The same goes with Ki balls and flying.

Thanks.

-Joe-

Re: Ki, how train it? - 03/02/05 06:39 PM

*sound of thread being locked*
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Ki, how train it? - 03/02/05 09:55 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MattJ:
*sound of thread being locked*[/QUOTE]

You must be a mind reader.