Lost beginer

Posted by: Anonymous

Lost beginer - 02/23/05 05:49 AM

I have watched a program which showed people using qi/chi to do amazing things and I am very interested to find out more. I have read plenty of topics but cannot find one explaining how to start to feel qi/chi, I think I can feel it; a tingling going up from the bottom to the top of my spine. I know it takes a long time to master the energy art but does any one know any simple methods of feeling chi that I can try or if it is chi that I am feeling then how to go further with it?

Thanks,

T
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: Lost beginer - 02/23/05 06:05 AM

[QUOTE]I have read plenty of topics but cannot find one explaining how to start to feel qi/chi[/QUOTE]

Did you miss the posts that said to find a teacher?
That is the best way to start. There needs to be a physical presence for this type of learning. The internet and books are supplementary learning only. You cannot start here and expect to acomplish a decent level within the IMA's. Once again - you need to find an IMA teacher if you are really interested.

[QUOTE]I have watched a program which showed people using qi/chi to do amazing things and I am very interested to find out more.[/QUOTE]

What program did you see?

[QUOTE]I know it takes a long time to master the energy art but does any one know any simple methods of feeling chi that I can try or if it is chi that I am feeling then how to go further with it?[/QUOTE]
Simple methods to begin learning would be to start searching for a teacher.
Messing around with the energy of the body isn't exactly a safe thing to do unless you have had proper training. I would suggest finding a teacher before attempting to 'go further'.

Regards
Chris
Posted by: Reiki

Re: Lost beginer - 02/23/05 04:56 PM

yes I ditto what Chris has said here, please find a good teacher and learn properly! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: Lost beginer - 02/24/05 02:57 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Prouncing_Tiger:
I have watched a program which showed people using qi/chi to do amazing things and I am very interested to find out more. I have read plenty of topics but cannot find one explaining how to start to feel qi/chi, I think I can feel it; a tingling going up from the bottom to the top of my spine. I know it takes a long time to master the energy art but does any one know any simple methods of feeling chi that I can try or if it is chi that I am feeling then how to go further with it?

Thanks,

T
[/QUOTE]I myself have read many things on feeling Qi/energy in books also kung fu illustrated, and black belt magazine. And I experienced these tingly electrical warm sensations that they speak of even long before I read about them. But I don't focus mainly on what I feel anymore, but rather what to do with those feelings. If I feel straight forward electrical energy I want to disperse it to the distance, make a energy blast or something. If it's just straight forward sound vibrations I feel, I want to pack it in for a more powerful punch or kick. If it's a combination of both then I just want to project my emotions, feelings and intent, without actually doing anything extensive. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] Hope I was helpful, without sounding like a quack.
If you ask me everything that you feel is a type of energy, I would suggest sorting out your feelings of energy/Qi, as to how you want to use(channel) each. I owe my great sense in energy and the use of it through consistent streching throughout the day, and rotational exercises, this has made me more sensitive to what goes on inside my body and also what is flowing in(through) the enviroment. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]But, no one asked me, so

Re: Lost beginer - 02/24/05 03:06 PM

Perhaps the reason that no one has asked you is because you keep mentioning qi blasts and moving objects at a distance with it. I am not even going to start commenting on that!

As to reference material, I hope your sphere of study is ALOT wider than what you get from Black Belt and Kung Fu Illustated. Other than an occasional article by Dr. Yang Jwing Ming or a small gem that otherwise gets slipped in by a knowing author (which is much more the exception as opposed to being the rule), those two magazine are crap.

Specifically in regards to what you said in this last post...what happens if you get into a combative situation where you need to use this energy of yours for a defensive reason but you are getting a feeling of "storing it" instead? This could be a really bad thing. Don't you think it more important to be able to control the energy at any point in time as opposed to letting it and/or your "feelings" dictate the use?

Seems a no brainer to me...

Michael

Re: Lost beginer - 02/24/05 05:24 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by meijin:
Perhaps the reason that no one has asked you is because you keep mentioning qi blasts and moving objects at a distance with it. I am not even going to start commenting on that!

As to reference material, I hope your sphere of study is ALOT wider than what you get from Black Belt and Kung Fu Illustated. Other than an occasional article by Dr. Yang Jwing Ming or a small gem that otherwise gets slipped in by a knowing author (which is much more the exception as opposed to being the rule), those two magazine are crap.

Specifically in regards to what you said in this last post...what happens if you get into a combative situation where you need to use this energy of yours for a defensive reason but you are getting a feeling of "storing it" instead? This could be a really bad thing. Don't you think it more important to be able to control the energy at any point in time as opposed to letting it and/or your "feelings" dictate the use?

Seems a no brainer to me...

Michael
[/QUOTE]The cool thing about energy defense I discovered is that many times it works proactively, alerting you ahead of time many of my battles were won through preemptive measures. (Via the energy field surrounding the body helping to sense and see intent before action.)This is discovered through many studies on the energy field and the sixth sense. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]