ATTN: batgirl

Posted by: laf7773

ATTN: batgirl - 02/22/05 05:43 PM

You’re done. Any posts by you even remotely resembling your last post in the "serious training question" thread will be deleted the moment i see it.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: ATTN: batgirl - 02/22/05 05:48 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by laf7773:
You’re done. Any posts by you even remotely resembling your last post in the "serious training question" thread will be deleted the moment i see it. [/QUOTE]It's not like I disrespected anyone, and just wanted to discuss energy and the use of it. Besides anyway the main concept came from a book the mystic arts of the Ninja they could digest all kinds of things and develop immunities to it and became stronger, and as a martial artist yourself I know you have respect for Ninjutsu. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] I just put two and two together and it's worked out fine for me. But I understand let me rectify my mistake. ****KIDS DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!****

[This message has been edited by Batgirl (edited 02-22-2005).]

Re: ATTN: batgirl - 02/22/05 06:08 PM

You keep claiming you study ninjutsu but you can't provide a name for what style. You obviously don't know what you are talking about and will not be allowed to spread misinformation here for beginners to take as fact. I strongly suggest you knock it off before you don't have the choice of posting here any longer.

The fact that you choose to ignore everyone’s questions about your training, including WHO trained you and how you have come to these conclusions tells me you are not being truthful. This isn't a playground for you or anyone else to make your absurd claims.

I study ninjutsu by the way and nothing you have written is indicative of ninjutsu training.

Re: ATTN: batgirl - 02/22/05 11:08 PM

:::: gives high five:::::: [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: ATTN: batgirl - 02/23/05 04:23 PM

You keep claiming you study ninjutsu but you can't provide a name for what style. You obviously don't know what you are talking about and will not be allowed to spread misinformation here for beginners to take as fact. I strongly suggest you knock it off before you don't have the choice of posting here any longer.

The fact that you choose to ignore everyone’s questions about your training, including WHO trained you and how you have come to these conclusions tells me you are not being truthful. This isn't a playground for you or anyone else to make your absurd claims.

I study ninjutsu by the way and nothing you have written is indicative of ninjutsu training.
[/QUOTE]In this book written by Stephen k. Hayes and Massaki Hatsumi(grandmaster of Ninjutsu) they mention balancing electromagnetic force fields.
Now, correct me if I am wrong but is'nt the purpose of that for levitation of one's self
or another object(body). I may be jack of all trades and a master of none, but I still have some understanding, and the use of it concerning supernaturalism and the martial arts. People should welcome that, especially dealing with martial energy.

Re: ATTN: batgirl - 02/23/05 05:36 PM

I have met and trained with Steve Hayes (way back "in the day" when he had his original school with Larry Beaver in a strip center basement in Kettering, OH) and have also had the opportunity to train with a variety of very talented Shidoshi and Shihan in the Booj. The vast majority of the talk of "electromagnetic forces" has to deal with the development of the skills necessary to pass the Godan no Shiken (a test to attain the rank of Godan or 5th degree black belt) that is administered by Hatsumi Soke (and I believe, some of the Shihan in Japan now).
It is designed for, among other things, the ability to sense "sakki" or the intuition of an attack. There are other related skills that it can help to develop, but as far as I know they are all related to this in some way.

This is not to say that Hayes would not now change to something else in his comments as he has really moved away from true ninjutsu and arts taught within the Booj and moved more towards the aspect of the Tendai sect of Mikkyo (secret teachings)that consists of the sammitsu or "three secrets" (shingon, nenriki and in-zou or ketsu-in).

As has been my experience, levitation with the Booj revolves around genjutsu (a skill set that could be equated to stage magic) and yojutsu (illusionism). But, those skill sets are understood about as much as the kuji-in and kuji-kiri are...meaning next to nothing by most folks.

As to actually/really levitating someone or some thing...good luck.

Michael

ps - this is why you are asked the types of questions you are...you are talking levitating and ninjutsu in the same breath and this has no fit in any way, shape or form with any of the highly trained ninjutsu folks that I have come into contact and communication with.

Re: ATTN: batgirl - 02/23/05 06:56 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by meijin:
I have met and trained with Steve Hayes (way back "in the day" when he had his original school with Larry Beaver in a strip center basement in Kettering, OH) and have also had the opportunity to train with a variety of very talented Shidoshi and Shihan in the Booj. The vast majority of the talk of "electromagnetic forces" has to deal with the development of the skills necessary to pass the Godan no Shiken (a test to attain the rank of Godan or 5th degree black belt) that is administered by Hatsumi Soke (and I believe, some of the Shihan in Japan now).
It is designed for, among other things, the ability to sense "sakki" or the intuition of an attack. There are other related skills that it can help to develop, but as far as I know they are all related to this in some way.

This is not to say that Hayes would not now change to something else in his comments as he has really moved away from true ninjutsu and arts taught within the Booj and moved more towards the aspect of the Tendai sect of Mikkyo (secret teachings)that consists of the sammitsu or "three secrets" (shingon, nenriki and in-zou or ketsu-in).

As has been my experience, levitation with the Booj revolves around genjutsu (a skill set that could be equated to stage magic) and yojutsu (illusionism). But, those skill sets are understood about as much as the kuji-in and kuji-kiri are...meaning next to nothing by most folks.

As to actually/really levitating someone or some thing...good luck.

Michael

ps - this is why you are asked the types of questions you are...you are talking levitating and ninjutsu in the same breath and this has no fit in any way, shape or form with any of the highly trained ninjutsu folks that I have come into contact and communication with.
[/QUOTE]
I guess it's just mysticism then. But that levitation would sure come in handy in the use of aerial kicks against a grappler waiting for me to land on my feet. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] None of the ninjutsu artists I've met ephasized on that either just sensing the prescence. And I was also thinking that those mystic hand symbols were to aid in controling an electric field, but I guess their just that hand symbols. Well thanks.

Re: ATTN: batgirl - 02/23/05 07:49 PM

Batgirl:

Let's be clear here...the "hand symbols" as you describe them are designed to channel energy and intent and are not the sole possession of the ninjutsu arts. They are found in many samurai based arts as well.

As to aerial kicks...well, I will leave that one alone.

Michael

Re: ATTN: batgirl - 02/23/05 11:14 PM

Meijin pretty much nailed it. The true "mystic" skills actually used by ninjutsu practitioners are all grounded in science. The rest are just stage tricks. It sounds like most of your "knowledge" is coming from books instead of actual training. Are you currently training with someone?

Re: ATTN: batgirl - 02/24/05 01:43 PM

Meijin pretty much nailed it. The true "mystic" skills actually used by ninjutsu practitioners are all grounded in science. The rest are just stage tricks. It sounds like most of your "knowledge" is coming from books instead of actual training. Are you currently training with someone?[/QUOTE] Off and on I train with a few associates when we have time. But they are too practical with their jujitsu, and kibakanokuknee(japanese street fighting) however you spell that. They make fun of my jump spinning aerial kicks that they are to preety and inaffective. I need to find some new friends. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] Better books than cartoons. But not solely from books, also people, enlightenment and experiances.

[This message has been edited by Batgirl (edited 02-24-2005).]

Re: ATTN: batgirl - 02/24/05 02:52 PM

Batgirl:

There is no such thing as "jujitsu"...it is jujutsu. The word "jitsu" is an incorrect spelling that has been propogated.

when it comes to enlightenment (as you are using the word on many occasions), we we speaking about enlightenment on particular topics or issues or in general as in becoming a Bodhisattva or truly enlightened individual?

As to your spinning kicks...I would recommend that you heed the advice of your "jujitsu" friends and discard those as an effective technique. should you ever have the opportunity to perfrom one on an even remotely skilled opponent who is not half KO'ed at the time, you will learn that lesson the hard way.

Michael

Re: ATTN: batgirl - 02/24/05 05:33 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by meijin:
Batgirl:

There is no such thing as "jujitsu"...it is jujutsu. The word "jitsu" is an incorrect spelling that has been propogated.

when it comes to enlightenment (as you are using the word on many occasions), we we speaking about enlightenment on particular topics or issues or in general as in becoming a Bodhisattva or truly enlightened individual?

As to your spinning kicks...I would recommend that you heed the advice of your "jujitsu" friends and discard those as an effective technique. should you ever have the opportunity to perfrom one on an even remotely skilled opponent who is not half KO'ed at the time, you will learn that lesson the hard way.

Michael
[/QUOTE]Enlightenment for me is new knowledge, and greater understanding, that brings joy also the use of understanding. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] As to aerial kicks the more you practice the more you get better. But for now their just finishing moves(final attacks) when I want to end the show or confrontation and keep moving. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: ATTN: batgirl - 02/28/05 01:52 PM

meijin

no offense to you, if you study jujutsu you should know that jujitsu is the original word for jujutsu. Many Japanese old folks still refer to jujitsu than jujutsu. As my folks from Japan.

Re: ATTN: batgirl - 02/28/05 02:24 PM

No it wasn't. Jitsu is an incorrect romanization {sp} of the term. If you want to pull the "i know someone from Japan" card, you should know i was stationed and trained there. Even had me one of those Japanese girlfriends whos father was a very accomplished practitioner of jujUtsu.

Re: ATTN: batgirl - 02/28/05 02:42 PM

No offesne taken...and I don't claim to be a jujutsu-ka (or a jujitsu-ka), I have a yudansha ranking and renshi license in Aikibudo...but to use "jitsu" is wrong. If you don't believe me, run to your local Barnes and Noble and look it up in a dictionary. It is "jutsu". And yes, I do know you can find works that say "jujitsu". But that still does not make it right. I have some old refernce works published between 1890 and 1930 that are on "juido" and "jujitsu". But they are still spelling it wrong.

Michael

Re: ATTN: batgirl - 03/02/05 12:18 PM

http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery;jses...22_1&sbid=lc01a

You can also check all japanese dictionaries.
You all can't bs me, I'm from Japan originally. Just because you stationed there and train there doesn't make you a Japanese culture expert (NO OFFENSE)

Re: ATTN: batgirl - 03/02/05 12:57 PM

http://playlab.uconn.edu/spelling.htm

Does it really matter how it's spelt?

Re: ATTN: batgirl - 03/02/05 02:55 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Leo_E_49:
http://playlab.uconn.edu/spelling.htm

Does it really matter how it's spelt?
[/QUOTE]

Both words are correct. As meiji stated before that jitsu isn't the correct one.
I was just to point out that both words are correct.
in romaji it's spell jujutsu, but in origin it is jujitsu (its also not the origin) the real word is suppose to be from (either kanji or katakana) pronouce like this juujitsu. Then translated to romaji into jujutsu.