Serious Healing Question

Posted by: Anonymous

Serious Healing Question - 02/14/05 09:25 PM

Hello,

I have a question for anyone who knows about healing injuries or just plain muscle pain. My mom has been in three car accidents in past two months and she says her neck is in pain. She has gone to physical therapy and all but it does not work. She has to go to another doctor soon to get checked out again. Should I suggest for her to go to some kind of healing practitioner like Reiki?(the person and the art) If so, how much would it cost? Would it take days, weeks, or months for it to heal completely? Replies will be much appretiated. In the meantime, I will research on the net for some sites on legiatment practitioners nearby.

Thankyou very much.

-Joe-

Re: Serious Healing Question - 02/14/05 11:37 PM

Hi unlimited, sorry to hear that bro, but you said your mom visit doctor you mean family doctor or chropractic.

I would definetly try to see or visit one those rehab doctor. Check your local community college and check your P.E. Program if they have any rehab program from injury, because the current college that I attend we have gym specially for helping people rehab, like car accident after surgery and stuffs. Hope she get better.

taichi

Re: Serious Healing Question - 02/15/05 12:12 AM

are there any Ostiopathic doctors "D.O." not M.D. in your area(phone book physisians) they have a different approach generaly than "allopathic"(M.D)doctors. ask them about ostiopathic manipulative therapy
Posted by: nenipp

Re: Serious Healing Question - 02/15/05 02:16 AM

It could be a good idea to try reiki, but I'd personally stay away from chiropractors and any osteopath that suggests spinal manipulative therapy for post traumatic (WAD) neck problems.
Most important IMHO is training that activates the deep muscles that stabilize the cervical vartebrae, if she wants to try some mechanical therapy, I'd recommend a therapist with education in MDT (Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy) ad modum R. McKenzie.
Such therapist shouldn't be hard to find in most parts of the world.
regards,
nenippal
Posted by: Bossman

Re: Serious Healing Question - 02/15/05 02:27 AM

..... and as a complimentary therapy to help relax and ease the pain, making the body want to heal, Reiki will have no adverse effects.

Re: Serious Healing Question - 02/15/05 08:55 PM

Hello all,

First off I would like to say thankyou very much for your responses. I also would like to say that I am sorry I did not explain the situation enough. I was going on assumptions from just overhearing. They were just minor car accidents, not very major, but enough to pull the muscles in the neck pretty bad. I quess it would all add up though.

Anyway, I will definitely take you all up in suggestions you all give me. Taichi, my mom said that she is already doing what you suggested or something very similar to it. Thanks for the information though.

Personallly, I would like my mom to try the reiki, so I could get someone who is close to me to describe how it feels to be treated in that way. To really see the effects of healing with energy in real life.

Oh yea, I said the physical therapy did not work before, but she said it worked about 50%.

Thankyou to all.

-Joe-
Posted by: Reiki

Re: Serious Healing Question - 02/17/05 01:27 PM

Reiki will help with whatever else your mum decides to go with as far as therapy is concerned & will aid healing.

Unfortunately as I live on the other side of the galaxy I don't know personally any good practioners in your area to suggest.

Re: Serious Healing Question - 02/17/05 04:07 PM

please have no misconception of O.M.T I have been treated by this method.
these are actual doctors that have developed palpating, sreening methods, and diagnosis for spinal injury or cronic dysfunctions.

as good as my teacher
Posted by: nenipp

Re: Serious Healing Question - 02/18/05 07:28 AM

I don't really understand what you mean by those other terms, but palpation is evidently an unreliable examination method, the inter-tester (Kappa) correlance is embarrassingly low, even among expert therapists.

Do you by OMT mean Orthopedic Manual Therapy, if so, I agree they are usually quite serious and have more than half-decent results too (but I strongly doubt you'd find many of those manipulating traffic-accident [even minor] traumatized cervical spines)

Re: Serious Healing Question - 02/21/05 08:01 AM

Have her read "Zen In the Martial Arts" Their is a chapter that teaches self healing. Very Simular to what I have learned from my Instructors and it works !

She will need to learn to breath for healing her self!

As for Reiki their are collages that teach and students need a certain amount of time so you could probally get some free treatments.

Best wishes to your mother.
Ajacks

Re: Serious Healing Question - 02/21/05 09:11 PM

Ok this is just an experiment but you should try it. My grandpa did it to me(he’s not Asian)but he saw something about this on the internet and I didn’t really have any injuries but its worth a try. You find your center and just kinda push the air around the wound. Your suppose to inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth. I wont put much faith in this but its worth a try see if it makes any differences. Experiment with it. Your mom sounds like an open minded person so if she will try that maybe it will work. She is in my prayers man I know what its like to have someone you love in constant pain. Be strong.