heart

Posted by: Anonymous

heart - 02/13/05 05:24 PM

hey,
ok I don't really know where to begin, very strange thing happened to me. I was on my computer looking at some things, when my heart just started beating really fast, I know it wasn't a heart problem, so don't be posting any thing like that. because it didn't hurt. but it started beating very fast, then stopped. I am working out at least 3 times a week, and i'm very healthy for my age. but I had no clue what happened, and I thought, cause I looked at another thread, that it might be like sencing chi, energy. by the way i'm not a DBZ fan, so don't be saying any thing about that either to me. I just thought it might be involved with chi.

any thoughts
thanks

PS.
I'm not going to see a doctor cause I don't have heart problems.
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: heart - 02/13/05 05:27 PM

What were you looking at when your heart sped up?
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: heart - 02/13/05 05:46 PM

Sometimes healthy people will experience several seconds of rapid heart beat for different reasons. Some of these involve inefficient heart functioning but may not be enough to cause concern. If they persist, or if they are accompanied by light headedness, then you may need to wear a Halter monitor for a day so that your doctor can determine if it is something you need to concern yourself with or not.

If it is rare, and not accompanied by other symptoms like light headedness, no one is going to be able to figure out anyway.

If you train a lot, especially things like long distance running, then there are 5-6 "abnormal" ECG rhythms that a doctor might bother you about that are not significant at all. If that is the case, you need to see a doctor that is used to treating athletes. I had this happen to me. I had to bring in the medical text to show my doctor because she didn't want to do a procedure on me because of my EKG.

[This message has been edited by underdog (edited 02-13-2005).]
Posted by: nenipp

Re: heart - 02/13/05 10:54 PM

No it's not a heart condition by my guess, it's just a sympathicus-rush (the "fight or flight" part of your autonomous nervous system) triggered by whoknowswhat..
Posted by: JohnL

Re: heart - 02/14/05 06:48 AM

I suggest you avoid web sites with XXX in the address!

JohnL
Posted by: Bossman

Re: heart - 02/14/05 07:08 AM

Caffeine does that to you as well, maybe lay off the coffee or fizzies...
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: heart - 02/14/05 07:55 PM

It is near impossible to tell what happened-you could have seen an image that triggered your flight/fight response, had a thought pop in your head that caused stress, partook of to much caffeine or some other stimulant or could be developing a heart condition.

Don't worry unless it continues to happen regularly/semi regularly. If it does,seek medical advise.
Posted by: Alex89

Re: heart - 02/18/05 04:48 PM

Thing happens to me sometimes, and the doctor said that it was normal. I forgot what it's called hough. Doens't matter I don't think that it's serious. Still go check it out with your doctor.