Chi and weight lifting

Posted by: Anonymous

Chi and weight lifting - 01/31/05 09:52 AM

I understand that chi is basicly the movement and life but, does anyone focus their chi when they lift weights Vs just using muscular action? If so what are some good pointers for doing this. I have hurd of some professional powerlifters accually meditate befor a compition. Thoughts and opinions please.
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: Chi and weight lifting - 01/31/05 11:12 AM

Hunter

I don't understand your definition of chi, "basicly the movement and life". I could see it being defined as being the energy of life, however, it goes much further than that. I do not see chi as having much of anything to do with movement.

I don't focus on anything except my body dynamics when I am lifting stretching etc. If you place the body in it's proper alignment when you are lifting then you will have optimum power through structural integrity. If you have structural integrity and the channels of the body are open, energy is allowed to flow freely.

Powerlifters may meditate before a competition to settle thier mind and direct their intention to what the are going to try to accomplish.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Chi and weight lifting - 01/31/05 01:10 PM

The easiest and most basic way to build Qi is to get some exercise. According to my Taijiquan instructor, weightlifting is good for Qi if you do it right and don't overwork yourself. That's why people with a healthy diet who get a decent amount of exercise are healthier than tose who don't.