What is KI used for?

Posted by: Anonymous

What is KI used for? - 01/30/05 08:59 PM

So what is KI and what is it used for? If I dont think its real can I feel it? Can you get more of it for what ever its used for? I've read some about KI but it sounds lame you can't shoot it can't be use to block and can't use it to fly what good its to train and get better with?
Posted by: laf7773

Re: What is KI used for? - 01/30/05 09:07 PM

Use the search function at the top of the page. There are several discussions on just this topic.

Re: What is KI used for? - 01/31/05 03:45 PM

Well I looked around and didnt find what I was looking for. But what I did find tells me that I is useless fighting and not what I though it was. Is there any uses for it other than healing. And Laf7773 I did do a search but didnt find what I was looking for.

Re: What is KI used for? - 01/31/05 04:59 PM

WHen I first saw this site I immediately recognized they had the qi energy. My experiences are similar.-
http://www.mindboxing.com/

"If you feel the "Runners' High" all day long? You don't need this art. If you feel the highest energy you have ever felt called the "Spirit of Vitality" all day long? Read no further. In other words, if you feel the vital energy after just minutes of training like we do all day long? You don't need this art.
If you can honestly say you are able to double or improve your productivity, never get a flu or cold, solve illness such as asthma, heart disorders, high blood pressure, insomnia and palpitations, fatigue, depression and varied injuries? Forget this art."

http://www.qimagazine.co.uk/55_3article.htm

"Positive effects of Qigong practice include warmth, tingling, an electricity-like flow within the body, heightened sensitivity, and an all-encompassing feeling of tranquillity and well-being. Negative sensations include coldness, numbness, and prickling pain etc. These, however, should not be confused with side-effects as quite often this is merely the internal Qi being mobilised to fight the disease or clear the blockage. Any discomfort in the body means that the Qi is not flowing smoothly in that area. The channel needs to be opened so practice should continue unabated. After some time any unpleasant sensations should disappear bringing forth positive sensations."

[This message has been edited by serious pain (edited 01-31-2005).]

Re: What is KI used for? - 01/31/05 05:07 PM

You don't need to beleive, you need to practice correct methods, mindfully. Whatever method you use, it should still be somewhat natural, and not too forced. Different methods for different purposes.

Re: What is KI used for? - 02/01/05 06:45 AM

Cool so no healing thats what I though. I not sure if I beleive or not I tryed to feel my Ki or someting like that but didnt work I may try agen later. So what are the uses for KI? sry for reposting this but it hasnt been answer.

Re: What is KI used for? - 02/01/05 03:00 PM

Feeling qi isn't the most important thing either. If you practice correct methods consistently, you will feel it powerfully eventually.

I practice this exercise and meditations
http://www.meditation-techniques.net/meditations/starexercise.htm

Good Internal martial arts also absolutely cultivate qi very well.

[This message has been edited by serious pain (edited 02-01-2005).]