Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims

Posted by: Anonymous

Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims - 01/23/05 04:05 AM

Akira Toriyama is the creator of Dragonball(Z). If people practice building their Qi by getting ideas from DBZ, then they should realize that Akira Toriyama wrote what they are getting their ideas from. So, the best way to find if there is any reality to DBZ's depiction of Qi is to ask Akira Toriyama. That sounds difficult but don't worry because Shonen Jump (anime/manga magazine) did it for us!

http://www.dbzsc.com/index.php?dbzsc=shonen

[QUOTE]Shonen Jump: Dragon Ball seems to have influenced many video games and manga. Where did you get the idea for the attacks that appear in Dragon Ball, such as the kamehameha and the whole chi power?
Toriyama: Chi [Also spelled "Ki"-Editor] has been used in China since ancient times, but it's supposed to be formless and invisible. However, in manga, in order to make it easier for any reader to grasp, it was necessary to give it a shape. For the kamehameha, I myself did a lot of the different poses and chose the one that I thought would work the best.[/QUOTE]

So, according to Akira Toriyama, his depiction of Qi is for entertainment purposes (by making it easier for the casual reader/watcher to understand) and is inspired by legitimate Chinese Qigong and such.

So, for the DBZ fan, the best resource for Qi is through anything but Radki because Radki is based on a false depiction of Qi that is made for the sake of the readers'/watchers' entertainment.

Score one...million for us!

Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims - 01/23/05 06:59 PM

Lol, OMG! wow! DGBZ and Power Ranger IMAs!

[This message has been edited by serious pain (edited 01-23-2005).]

Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims - 01/23/05 07:42 PM

Okay, let me simplify this for you.

1) Radki kids think DBZ's interpretation of Qi is real.

2) Akira Toriyama, creator of DBZ, says that it is fiction.

3) Akira Toriyama, creator of DBZ, says that the Internal Martial Arts are real.

Now, most people do know that DBZ is fiction, but obviously not everyone does since Radki exists. In order to combat Radki why not go to the guy who created the series that inspired Radki? Obviously his words would have some authority over the opinions of Radki kids.

Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims - 02/07/05 04:09 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stampede03:
Akira Toriyama is the creator of Dragonball(Z). If people practice building their Qi by getting ideas from DBZ, then they should realize that Akira Toriyama wrote what they are getting their ideas from. So, the best way to find if there is any reality to DBZ's depiction of Qi is to ask Akira Toriyama. That sounds difficult but don't worry because Shonen Jump (anime/manga magazine) did it for us!

http://www.dbzsc.com/index.php?dbzsc=shonen

So, according to Akira Toriyama, his depiction of Qi is for entertainment purposes (by making it easier for the casual reader/watcher to understand) and is inspired by legitimate Chinese Qigong and such.

So, for the DBZ fan, the best resource for Qi is through anything but Radki because Radki is based on a false depiction of Qi that is made for the sake of the readers'/watchers' entertainment.

Score one...million for us!
[/QUOTE]

Well, if you ask me Toriyama said he did the poses himself. lol this should have been taped sounds hilarious. Oh wait a minute... he said it was qi and was formless, all he did was ad shape and form.

Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims - 02/07/05 07:41 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stampede03:
Okay, let me simplify this for you.

1) Radki kids think DBZ's interpretation of Qi is real.

2) Akira Toriyama, creator of DBZ, says that it is fiction.

3) Akira Toriyama, creator of DBZ, says that the Internal Martial Arts are real.

Now, most people do know that DBZ is fiction, but obviously not everyone does since Radki exists. In order to combat Radki why not go to the guy who created the series that inspired Radki? Obviously his words would have some authority over the opinions of Radki kids.
[/QUOTE]

I am wondering where you are drawing the line between Radki people and non - believers of Radki. Their might be some trouble doing this because their is alot of people that believe in Radki but in different degrees and perspectives. I definitely think there is a real problem in classifying people with only one term when many people might believe in, lets say the "gray area". (there may be other shades too) For example someone believing to be able to do a ki blast but not believing in the capability of levitation. I think the Radki stuff is a possibilty to be proven true. I definitely have my doubts but I still am going to believe something like that is a possibility. Just because I have not seen it, or just because someone else told me it was not true, will not convince me otherwise.
I am sorry for ramblin on like this. I kind of get carried away with this kind of stuff. Just please answer my question.

Thanks for listening and responding.

-Joe-

[This message has been edited by Unlimited Possibilities (edited 02-07-2005).]
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims - 02/07/05 09:15 PM

Radki and kiblasts were derived from cartoons. There is no "gray area".
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims - 02/08/05 06:11 AM

If you think that they are real, take a peek at this http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000451.html

Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims - 02/08/05 02:57 PM

Now I never said they were definitely real, Fisherman. I never said anyone ever accomplished a Ki Blast or whatever the Radki stuff is.

"Radki and kiblasts were derived from cartoons. There is no "gray area". "

I know they were. I could care less that they were derived from cartoons. I was just saying, people who believed in Radki might believe in it in certain degrees or certain parts of it. Now there definitely is a gray area in my mind whether you think I am right or not. It is my opinion. I was saying the gray area (Which I made up by the way) was where people believe in it a lot less than the Radki people. The gray area people might think it is a possibility in the future or they might believe in half the Radki stuff. Thos were just a few examples.

Just from looking at that picture on that website makes me think those people are not going in the right direction. I really do not think there is anything wrong with a little experiment here and there since that is how you learn. You learn from your mistakes. 20 years from now I could look back at this and say "what an idiot I was" or I could look back and say the oposite.

Thankyou for your responses.

-Joe-

P.S. Oh yea, please do not lock this thread. I will stop if you want me too. Just ask.

[This message has been edited by Unlimited Possibilities (edited 02-08-2005).]

Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims - 02/08/05 03:34 PM

There are a lot of people training in legitimate art who think things like kiblasts or radki may someday be possible. They are also young and have active imaginations. There is nothing wrong with that. I truly don't care if someone wants to spend the next ten years learning from the ki manual. I also have nothing personal against anyone who has come here to discuss it. What i have a problem with is the blatant lack of respect for the rules that have been laid out for this forum. Take it someplace else. There are several posts here where myself and kempman have stated this forum is not the place for it but they prefer to ignore that and post anyway. Then get upset when the thread is locked or deleted. Also when it comes to claims of being able to actually do kiblasts, expect to show proof if you want to discuss it here. I know there will be no proof but i feel it only fair to give them the chance to perform what they claim they have already done. It almost always goes the same way.

'random ki guy'-"i shot a ki blast at my friend the other day and he flew 5 feet. then i did it again to another guy in a fight and he ran home crying."

'moderator'-"prove it"

'random ki guy'-"how do you expect me to prove it. i can just do it, all my friends know i can do it. i don't need to prove anything to you."

'moderator'-"make a video of you shooting something with a ki blast and we will go from there."

'random ki guy'-"ok, but i need a few months to train first."

Time goes by and all we get is "i don't have to prove anything to you".

To anyone here training in a legit form of martial arts, regardless of the style or origin, but still believes ki blasts may be possible i have one thing to say. Enjoy your youth, and keep training because the truth will show itself with experience.

Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims - 02/08/05 05:09 PM

Fair enough.

I do have a question on how old you are Laff?
I mean no offense or disrespect. If you do not want to tell me I completely understand.
I am 18 by the way and will be 19 in September.

Thankyou very much.

-Joe-

Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims - 02/08/05 05:39 PM

Nevermind the question before Laff. I fiqured it out from your previous post.

"Just to clear up the username question, since i have gotten it often, my username is just my initials and birth date."

Thanks anyway.

-Joe-

Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims - 02/09/05 10:26 AM

The other day, I saw this animated movie called Titan AE. After I watched it, I came up with my own ideas on spaceships and space travel. The funny thing was, and I can't figure out why, When I called up NASA to discuss my ideas... They didn't take me seriously! I was like, "just because you went to school for years and have legitimate experience doesn't mean that my theories aren't possibly real!" They didn't get it. I only wanted to discuss my theories on space travel and other things with them, and they were like, "It's fine, you can believe whatever you want, but we can't spend all day on the phone discussing it with you. We have a lot of work to do, you will have to take it somewhere else." How rude. I don't get why they can't just allow people like me to tie up their phone lines. Now if you will all excuse me, I have to go make repairs on the Millennium Falcon.

Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims - 02/09/05 10:32 AM

Okay, maybe my last post was unnecessary.

steve

Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims - 02/09/05 11:43 AM

Steve

Well said my man - and a wonderful analogy I might add.
It might have been unnecessary - however - it was well put.

Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims - 02/09/05 12:21 PM

Not sure i would say it was unnecessary. It might be what some need so they can understand.

Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims - 02/09/05 01:49 PM

Was that nice little post directed towards me? I really do not see what harm can be done by having a well-mannered arguement or discussion, even if it is off the subject of the forum. I am sorry if I have wasted your time on the subject matter we were talking about. Well i guess thats all I have to say.

Thanks.

-Joe-

Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims - 02/09/05 04:50 PM

Joe, do you really understand what Lucid meant by his post?

Seriously...

This could have been directed at the (literally) 100's of kids that have popped up here and made claims etc. that aren't based on anything but cartoons and other BS.

[This message has been edited by Fisherman (edited 02-09-2005).]

Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims - 02/09/05 07:38 PM

Well........I kind of knew that it was directed to more than just me, but I guess I meant to ask if it was directed towards me at that certain time. I am guessing it was. (very obvious)I kind of took it as "be quiet and do not waste our time with arguements like this." Maybe I misjudged. I am really wondering if you guys are considering me as a 'Radki' Kid? I definitely think discussing and/or arguing about the subject of energy and other things should be, to some extent, not a waste of time for anyone who is intrested in IMA. I know that no one has probably ever done a Ki blast and I know it is from a cartoon but to ME, that does not mean it cannot be done. I think it is a possiblity even if it is a 0.000000000001% chance to be able to do it. My belief and my opinion.

I would like to know an answer to my question in the above post. Where does one draw the line between Radki people and the non-believers of Radki?

Like I said before "I will stop if you want me too. Just ask."

Thankyou for responding.

-Joe-

Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims - 02/09/05 10:46 PM

This is where one of the main disconnects is. I keep hearing people saying they don't understand why we can't discuss energy. We can, it's encouraged BUT kiblasts have NOTHING to do with energy because they are not real. No it's not another form of energy nor is it another use for it. It is simply the product of a cartoon. We don't discuss cartoon techniques here. Why people insist on trying to continue to discuss this sort of thing here when they can go to another forum where it is accepted is beyond me.

Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims - 02/10/05 09:59 AM

Joe

IMHO - I think that it's great that you have a serious interest in the IMA's. You ought to take that interest and put it to good use and not waste your time with the DBZ garbage. The more time spent on the DBZ stuff is time taken away from being able to learn something that is real.

Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims - 02/10/05 10:32 AM

I feel kind of bad posting what I did because it is unfair to single anyone out, it is unfair to single you out of the 100's. Please though, take it from someone who hasn't even scratched the surface of IMA's, (me). The people who have dedicated years to their training, hours almost every day perplex and amaze me with their mastery of themselves. I am constantly intimidated by the depths of the IMA's and at the same time inspired to continue on with training and learning. (if you research some of my posts, you can read me whining like a little baby just trying to condition my body/mind for the IMA forms, (sounding quite pathetic too. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] ))

Since before yesterday, I haven't posted anything for a few weeks. This is largely due to the return of Bossman, I was very intimidated by his Post about Shi kon martial arts principles and how everyone else 'got it' because I know I am way out of my league in here. -But that's the whole point! There is nothing I could learn from people who don't know anymore than I! In the end, whether it is possible to shoot a kiblast or not is irrelevant. Addressing your own weaknesses is how you can get stronger, and right now your facination with kiblasts are what is holding you back. Even if you still can't let it go, just put it on hold for a while and see what you can learn in the mean time.

Steve

Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims - 02/11/05 12:43 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fisherman:
Joe

IMHO - I think that it's great that you have a serious interest in the IMA's. You ought to take that interest and put it to good use and not waste your time with the DBZ garbage. The more time spent on the DBZ stuff is time taken away from being able to learn something that is real.
[/QUOTE]

I do want to eventually take an IMA but right now I do not have the money nor the time to take two matial arts. I have never spent time trying to do anything from DBZ. OK....maybe a couple years ago when I looked up all the Radki stuff but the most I ever did was meditate and visualize. The thing is, I am still confused on whether or not you people think I am a Radki person. I would really like to know. And now that is where my question of... Where do you people draw the line at deciding who is a Radki person and who is not?

I think the only reason I have a problem with someone saying the Radki stuff is not real is because: 1. you just say it is not real which leaves me asking why. 2. you say chi is not able to move things (which I already understand) which I then think maybe there is something else out there 3. or you say prove it can be done. (these reasons might not make sense, but I think they are close enough)Well, personally I think no one has probably ever done a Ki blast but that would not make me think it is impossible. Just because I have never seen it, just because it is from a cartoon, and just because everyone around me tells me it cannot be done, will not persuade my feelings.

I am really trying to explain this the best I can but there is a limit to what I can express over the internet. I am trying to make you guys see where I am coming from with this topic but I think between me suking at explaining things and your guys point of views, then I will probably never get my point across. I am not saying it is your fault, just mine. I am trying to be as polite as I can about this.

Thanks for listening and responding.

-Joe-

Re: Perfect Defense Against DBZ Claims - 02/11/05 12:53 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lucid Warrior:
I feel kind of bad posting what I did because it is unfair to single anyone out, it is unfair to single you out of the 100's. Please though, take it from someone who hasn't even scratched the surface of IMA's, (me). The people who have dedicated years to their training, hours almost every day perplex and amaze me with their mastery of themselves. I am constantly intimidated by the depths of the IMA's and at the same time inspired to continue on with training and learning. (if you research some of my posts, you can read me whining like a little baby just trying to condition my body/mind for the IMA forms, (sounding quite pathetic too. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] ))

Since before yesterday, I haven't posted anything for a few weeks. This is largely due to the return of Bossman, I was very intimidated by his Post about Shi kon martial arts principles and how everyone else 'got it' because I know I am way out of my league in here. -But that's the whole point! There is nothing I could learn from people who don't know anymore than I! In the end, whether it is possible to shoot a kiblast or not is irrelevant. Addressing your own weaknesses is how you can get stronger, and right now your facination with kiblasts are what is holding you back. Even if you still can't let it go, just put it on hold for a while and see what you can learn in the mean time.

Steve
[/QUOTE]

No harm done with that post. I am not obsessed with how to do or to prove Ki blasts are real. I am obsessed about showing people a different point of view to things. And I mean to anything. Thats why I love to read about government conspiracies and such, because I want to see the different view or side. This is why I hate being like everybody else, because I am forced to, out of survival, in the real world. Your post had a good point with wasting time. I could be wasting my time arguing with everyone about my views on things or I might not be. I really do not know. Ok thats it for now.

Thanks.

-Joe-