ATTN: Tank

Posted by: laf7773

ATTN: Tank - 01/17/05 12:31 PM

This is not going to be the place for you to promote your "style". Nor are you going to gather information from those with actual experience for your "style".

You can't develop your own style with out prior experience. Find an instructor and train. If you get started now maybe you will be ready in 20-30 years.

I can understand your enthusiasm but it should be focused toward training. I personally have a lot of issues with people saying they want to develop their own style, especially those with little or no training.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: ATTN: Tank - 01/19/05 09:54 AM

ow! ow! Me too! me too! *raises hand* I want my own "style" too! I shall call it: "Comp-out-window"! I'm sure it's going to be great! It's base is very simple... All the moves will be used to throw computers out of your window! I've allready started out with the first one:

'The Classic Move':
grab your monitor while it's on at the right and left side. Do not forget it has to be plugged into the computer while doing this! Then lift the Monitor above your head, snapping and unplugging the cables attached to it. The walk towards the nearest window, and throw it out while cursing at it... this is very importand. Then repeat it with the parts still standing until your desk is empty.

-more to come. Thank you!

Re: ATTN: Tank - 01/21/05 02:44 AM

Whatever, Fine - I won't do it here, just thought I would give ppl a little to rack their brains over.... but I dont care, Im focused on my goal of becoming the most efficient user of chi. Doubt I have the ability? then u doubt chi itself. U know nothing of me - I hope I dont offend you by being so frank, but I bet I am the most self-less person in here.
Posted by: nenipp

Re: ATTN: Tank - 01/21/05 07:47 AM

but I bet I am the most self-less person in here.

the opposition rests it's case

Re: ATTN: Tank - 01/21/05 09:56 AM

I dout it, I mean I'm a paladin after all. A paladin monk that is. I can't take anymore levels in paladin but my saves are sweet.

Re: ATTN: Tank - 01/26/05 05:11 AM

Ha ha okay, what I said about being selfless sounded stupid - but all im saying is I was trying to make an interesting topic - I wasn't being selfish trying to promote my own style - I was hoping to make people be a bit more imaginative - but negetive people dont like it so - I know where my ideas aren't wanted.

Re: ATTN: Tank - 01/26/05 05:16 AM

nenipp - man why are you always like that - are you tense or something. chill - I havent come to mess up peoples ideas - I came with ideas of my own - ok they were rejected - but why are you being cocky with me? - what did i do to you - think about it. You need to meditate more. I think you all have misunderstood me - specially you paladid boy.

Re: ATTN: Tank - 01/26/05 09:33 AM

You have to remember that people do not like change.

[This message has been edited by Unlimited Possibilities (edited 01-26-2005).]

Re: ATTN: Tank - 01/26/05 02:15 PM

nenipp - man why are you always like that - are you tense or something.

nope, I'm not tense (but that is naturally only my own opinion), I'm just like a stupid and lazy old fish, if you dangle a big and fat enough bate before my eyes, it's beyond me not to bite...

Re: ATTN: Tank - 01/27/05 03:01 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Unlimited Possibilities:

[/QUOTE]

Embrace Change.
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: ATTN: Tank - 01/27/05 05:39 AM

Change is the only constant.

If you want to change the structure of a house, first you must have a solid foundation to build on

Re: ATTN: Tank - 02/07/05 04:30 PM

Change has to happen, if it didn't everyone would be babies. Think about it, you have to change to grow. If you fear change you fear life. Well... that's the first time I've ever really said that kind of deepness before, what did you guys do?(just kidding)

Re: ATTN: Tank - 02/07/05 04:58 PM

Hey tank don't get mad he dissed me too.

Re: ATTN: Tank - 02/07/05 07:18 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by shadowdragon:
Change has to happen, if it didn't everyone would be babies. Think about it, you have to change to grow. If you fear change you fear life. Well... that's the first time I've ever really said that kind of deepness before, what did you guys do?(just kidding)[/QUOTE]

Well, I never said we did not need change. I said most people fear it. Now, YOU think about it. Most people are in a routine schedule for most of their lives. If someone or some event breaks that routine then they do not like it. I am not saying we cannot get used to the changes, it is just that us humans do not like it when our lives are being thrown around.

Just trying to state my opinion. I hope this made sense to anyone who reads.

-Joe-

[This message has been edited by Unlimited Possibilities (edited 02-07-2005).]

Re: ATTN: Tank - 02/08/05 06:40 AM

I'll expand on that just a bit Joe.

When people cannot adapt to change in their life it is often because they have become a creature of routine habit. Whether the habits are good or bad they are still habbits. It is when habitual activities become routine that it becomes difficult to adapt to change.

I'll agree with Joe that when people have their habbits disrupted they tend to get upset. This is why you must present change for yourself. If you are accustomed to change then change does not pose as much of a threat to you. Just so long as you have a strong base from which to live from change should not bother you.

The problem that I see alot of people have is that their base is not within themselves; rather, it is on their outside. Think of this as constructing your life with a solid foundation within youself. If a change is occuring that is threatening your foundation then you must change yourself so that your foundation is not disrupted. If you base your foundation on things not within yourself that you cannot easily change then you lie in danger of not being able to change and therefore have you life disrupted by it.

Hope that made some sense...

Chris

Re: ATTN: Tank - 02/08/05 03:16 PM

Thankyou fisherman for replying and for agreement.

I am pretty sure I know what your talking about but I would most likely need some examples of the changes you are talikng about. I think, when I wrote my last post, I was kind of talking about huge changes such as world wide econmical changes. My example would be for the oil and gas companies. As soon as any kind of new highly advanced power source comes out they are screwed, but they are only screwed if they are the ones that did not make that new source of energy or did not invest into that new source of energy. Whether or not Free Energy is real or just a myth we will not know for a while because of obvious reasons. To me that would be a change alot of people would hate but eventually would get used to.

I guess I kind of rambled on but if you have the time, please give me some examples of the changes you were talking about.

Thankyou for your response.

-Joe-

Re: ATTN: Tank - 02/08/05 04:06 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Unlimited Possibilities:

[/QUOTE]

True...........................

*Inuyasha*

Re: ATTN: Tank - 02/09/05 06:15 AM

If you really got down to it, resistance to change is caused by failure to fully understand and accept your own mortality, believe it or not (or perhaps more accurate: understand it or not)

Re: ATTN: Tank - 02/09/05 08:17 PM

nipp or whatever your name is stop being so negative, you sound retarded, you know for person that practice martial arts.

The guys just want create his own style one day, but I do agree with La that he need to find an instructor and study before he can create anything new.

maximus

Re: ATTN: Tank - 02/10/05 01:17 AM

Hi max,

I didn't put any negativity in my post, if you find some there then you must have put it there yourself (which is most understandable, no blame on you for that, as the subject [of my post, not this thread] is very challenging indeed)

regs,
nenippal

Re: ATTN: Tank - 02/10/05 01:25 AM

ps: as for being retarded; my IQ level or how gifted I am (or rather am not [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/redface.gif[/IMG]) or how that reflects in my postings is something I can't do much about..
..unless you're telling me to shut up?

Re: ATTN: Tank - 02/10/05 08:35 AM

Unlimited Possibilities posted...
[QUOTE]I think, when I wrote my last post, I was kind of talking about huge changes such as world wide econmical changes.[/QUOTE]

How would you expect a grand scale change to occur if change has not yet begun on the individual level? If people want to see change on a grand scale in anything they must first start within themselves.
Why and what do people want to change?
Who is it benefiting?
What are the repercussions?

[QUOTE]My example would be for the oil and gas companies. As soon as any kind of new highly advanced power source comes out they are screwed, but they are only screwed if they are the ones that did not make that new source of energy or did not invest into that new source of energy. Whether or not Free Energy is real or just a myth we will not know for a while because of obvious reasons. To me that would be a change alot of people would hate but eventually would
get used to.[/QUOTE]

Uhhhh, isn't this a bit off the energy arts topic? I know it's still energy, but...
I actually have a bit of experience with alternative energy - so I am only going to contine this briefly in the context of changing.
As for your statement about a highly advanced free power source, there is only one that I can think of right off hand and that would be the Tesla Coil. I am not so sure that this would work on a grand scale
though and that is why things must happen on the individual level first. People need to do the research and learn how to utilize renewable energy recources, (wind, water, sun). I grew up in a house where we were completely solar powered - just recently
my parents put up a wind generator. They have more energy than they need.
The point is - if everybody, slowly but surely started using this stuff the oil companies etc, wouldn't have the hold they do on us. Like I said - change starts on the individual level.
Back to the subject...

[QUOTE]please give me some examples of the changes you were talking about.[/QUOTE]

The changes I am talking about are those that will better you life, your MA, whatever. It is even better if they benefit those around you as well. Examples? Quitting smoking, being polite and cool headed, not driving like a nut...
There are tons of ways that we can change, you just have to be strong and open minded enough to stand up to the challenge of making the changes.

Generalmaximus posted...
[QUOTE]nipp or whatever your name is stop being so negative, you sound retarded, you know for person that practice martial arts.[/QUOTE]

Don't be a hypocrite!

[QUOTE]The guys just want create his own style one day, but I do agree with La that he need to find an instructor and study before he can create anything new.[/QUOTE]

That and he needs to train and do pretty much nothing else for about 30 years if he wants that style to be effective.

Re: ATTN: Tank - 02/10/05 03:34 PM

Laff,

OK......Right now I am a little confused because I could have sworn I had posted something before and now it is gone. And so did Lucid Warrior. Did you delete those posts????? because they were not offensive in my view. Please tell me why this occured.

Fisherman,

I was just giving an example of the oil companies because those were the changes I was talking about in my post way earlier. It was just one example. I was not trying to start an agruement but more of an agreement.

I am a little discouraged that I wrote that post or posts and they got deleted. Unless my computer is being stupid.

Thanks.

-Joe-
Posted by: laf7773

Re: ATTN: Tank - 02/10/05 11:44 PM

I haven't deleted anything in a while. There has been a bit locked but i haven't deleted anything. Check with kempoman.

Re: ATTN: Tank - 02/11/05 11:56 AM

Thanks Laff for responding. Sorry for accusing you. I did take you up on looking at the posts from the past. You are right about how they all are the same over and over again with the arguements about Radki. By looking at those makes me realize what you were talking about, and how everyone of them make extraordinary claims but have nothing to back it up. I still stand firm on my beliefs though. But thanks.

-Joe-

[This message has been edited by Unlimited Possibilities (edited 02-11-2005).]

Re: ATTN: Tank - 02/11/05 12:06 PM

Sorry. I was the idiot that forgot I posted it in another thread.

Sorry again.

-Joe-

[This message has been edited by Unlimited Possibilities (edited 02-11-2005).]