E-Ki-Do Efficient Ki Style (philosophy based)

Posted by: Anonymous

E-Ki-Do Efficient Ki Style (philosophy based) - 01/17/05 03:06 AM

I have been thinking for sometime now that, the human body needs to be expressed according to the individual. Bruce Lee expressed himself with his own style (OR NO STYLE Jeet Kune Do).

I have made a daring decision to form my own style through philosophy with no proper background in martial arts, excpet what I have learnt by myself, from manuals - the net & effort. I am simply a novice who can meditate.

I like to think of it as going on a journey to which I am going to become master of my self - so that every part of my body become a part of ME ( u know what I mean ).

Although thousands of years of experience has been passed down through tradition MA,
Without philosophy, meditation & experimentation - none of this could have been possible - am I right?

I am going to make weekly threads with updates on ideas moves, techniques, meditative techniques, stances - ways of gaining chi midfight (in the middle of a fight)... etc for you to tryout & possibly make fun of me [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] - or give me some ideas?

E-Ki-Do!!!

THERE COULD BE INTERESTING STUFF SO PLEASE - GET INVOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: E-Ki-Do Efficient Ki Style (philosophy based) - 01/17/05 06:50 AM

Topic 1: Optimum stance.

Ask your self - what is optimum stance?

I believe optimum stance in the best stance for a given situation - which doesn't put you in the firing line - but gives u an advantage of being able to retaliate with fast/powerful blows - possibly utilizing reach or weight distribution...etc

E-Ki-Do is going to applicable to any bodysize. Any posts on the subject of stance will be much appreciated. I have been putting some diagrams together - I wonder if 'your'(If your MA doesn't meet the requirements of optimum stance don't worry - E-Ki-Do is a new MA - I want YOUR ideas) ideas on optimum stance may help. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: E-Ki-Do Efficient Ki Style (philosophy based) - 01/17/05 07:10 AM

Tank,

You do know that Bruce Lee did have quite a bit of martial training before he developed JKD, right?
My suggestion to you, if you realy think that you want to develop a fighting style on your own...
get a real teacher!
As it has been said before, especially within the context of IMA's, there is no substitute for direction transmition of an art.
"Without philosophy, meditation & experimentation - none of this could have been possible - am I right?"
You are right, but you need to build a solid foundation before you build a house.

BTW - optimum stance is where you always have power in reserve and are able to quickly move/change directions at any given moment in time.

Regards
Chris

Re: E-Ki-Do Efficient Ki Style (philosophy based) - 01/17/05 07:23 AM

Thanks chris. I am in no way saying that i'll even scratch the surface of beginning a new MA, although I am going to do so - at the moment at least - innate training. Im starting a Juijitsu or Tang Su Do class soon - but cannot decide which would suit me best (although I think iM going to take Tang Su Do)

I would not even go as far as saying I would use E-Ki-Do. Just that I had vision when meditating of me older, I was tearing through pages of MA books and that I would find a form of trance which would defeat any opponent simply because the trance would make you respond efficiently to any attack/situation, after this dream or 'vision' I came around still meditating.

So I just thought... I'll make this a hobby of mine so that way I wouldn't give up.

I suppose it must sound so stupid to those who already do a MA. Perhaps you could still humour me with your ideas.
Posted by: Reiki

Re: E-Ki-Do Efficient Ki Style (philosophy based) - 01/17/05 12:09 PM

Hi Tank

Fisherman is right! Before emarking on making your own style of MA it would be a good idea to spend a few years learning a MA from a good teacher. Then you will know how to do many of the things properly and will not fall into the common trap.

By all means do continue with your meditation, it will help you most definitely, but please join a MA club for correct physical training and find a good IMA instructor for the IMAs.

Otherwise you will only get frustrated in the end and you will lose direction. I've been doing MA in some form or other for over 30 years and nothing but nothing can replace learning to do it correctly. [IMG]http://www.geocities.com/arthorses/wallbash.gif[/IMG]

[This message has been edited by Reiki (edited 01-17-2005).]