My chi experiences & yours

Posted by: Anonymous

My chi experiences & yours - 01/13/05 01:02 PM

I have been learning chi on my own from the net, filtering out what works well for me and what doesn't. I find that letting go of ones ego vastly increases chi - and allows you to see what is true. In doing so I final had faith in my chi and let it flow by being positive. I have no master but myself, I think with IMAs this can help. I visualise depending on how I feel at the time, when grounding I visualize roots but sometimes I imagine a Red pole of energy going through my tan tien (and for some reason 2 other points above it in my torso - what could these points be please help).

I belive grounding is the easiest way of getting large amounts of chi fast, although I can gain chi in vertualy any way imaginable. I focus on chi all around me - and contemplate the interconnectedness of all and intend! Intend to recieve chi, Intend to use chi, intend to recover chi faster, intend to increase my maximum chi level.... :P It goes on....

This partnered with effort, relaxation and self belief.

Chi is very much a human force - we have been given a gift - accept it. I think many people are resricted by thinking it is mumbo jumbo, without having the proper insight into the true meaning of chi.

I want to know how far along I am because I have no-one to compare myself with.

If meditating eyes open objects seem to shake in my periferal vision - and all becomes brighter.

My nasal passage becomes tingly.

meditating with eyes closed... I think I have achieved the buddhist sphere on nothingness only once - where it seemed I was in a void/vacuum.

I can make ki balls in my hands (are they meant to be solid - or magnetic pole like?) but I can't see them.

Well I'd like to read the experiences of others in full like mine [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] and possibly some help in bettering my attitudes/methods.

Sorry if this thread aint interesting - i just had to get this stuff off my chest [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/13/05 01:09 PM

I started Chi because of this site, which I found basic but informative and most of it really worked.

[This message has been edited by laf7773 (edited 01-13-2005).]
Posted by: laf7773

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/13/05 03:30 PM

That site is nothing but made up garbage as admitted by the site creator.

I advise you to seek legitamate instruction and stop look for your information on the net.
Posted by: JohnL

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/13/05 04:04 PM

Hey laf7773:

Why did you delete the link?

I was going to see if I could set my Chi rolling!
[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

JohnL
Posted by: laf7773

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/13/05 04:33 PM

John i'm sure you may already know what link it is. It's been discussed here TOO many times. I just get rid of it now to prevent the regulars from blowing up.

But since you’re not a regular in this section you can find it by searching this section for "kidojo". When you read it, remember to breath or you will suffocate from laughter.

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/14/05 02:23 AM

Thank you for your input m8s. Although I feel I have had some success with that combined with taoist techniques - I am pretty poor and cannot afford instruction. Maybe you guys could help me a little [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

sorry if i'm a bother, I'll do some more research on these threads

What is the dan tien? i know what the tan tien is but... u know im a noobie

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/14/05 11:00 AM

I'd say from the sound of it you've gotten off to an okay start( tingly nasal passage, and clearing away, is one of the first benefits to ki practices, but the seeing things vibrate part is weird). It sounds like you are experimenting with different methods and techniques, and I think that's fine at first. Especially if you are young, you want to try out many different ways at first. But remember, ki practices are not just something you use however you want to, and some have been passed down over many generations over a long period of time. You should practice according to the priciples of your chosen style eventually. You should not just visualise, develop, and use ki in any fashion you decide that day. It would be like trying to treat a patient when you've just started, and that really can have bad effects. Find a practice you determine is good and for real, and stick to it IMO, and practice accorrding to proper priciples; don't just shoot qi out your hands any time you feel like it, or don't move the qi around any old path you feel like.

The most important thing in developing ki is relaxation, being natural, and gaining good health. Energy should flow naturally, and through you. Meditation is important too, but if you have trouble emptying the mind at first don't worry about it too much. You need to work at it, but it comes in time. Pretty easily too, when it was really hard before.

Letting go of the ego is definitely essential to meditation. But that doesn't necessarily mean the ego must completely die, but rather be transformed which is similar to death and the ego is just as scared. You may have seen in pictures of the Buddha Sakyamuni, sometimes in a seated meditation posture where the first finger bends down and connects to the point of the thumb making a circle. This symbolises the ego bowing to the will of heaven. In fact, it seems very similar to the Christian idea which states, " your will be done Father, not mine". In fact it originally said, "Your will be done( in reference to the universal spirit), not mine, in me and through me, show me what I must do this day to be a channel of your blessings to all. As above so it is below, is a tradition from all over the world.

As for seeing things shaking. HMMM, I don't know if that should happen. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad side effect.That requires a more thourough explanation and someone more knowledgable than me.

[This message has been edited by serious pain (edited 01-14-2005).]

Posted by: nenipp

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/14/05 02:26 PM

it's neither good nor bad in itself, but by paying attention to it you're making an obstacle out of it, let it go is my advice

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/16/05 04:30 AM

Thanks serious pain, you sound a bit like me, I used to do philosophy at college.
Has anyone ever wondered this = God is the cause of all movement but requires nothing to move him - so he is the prime mover such as plato said, but if there must be a prime mover and that is "God" couldn't god be the universe and we are apart of him. Because scientist believe everything broken down far enough is made of the same type of energy ( string throery ) - Perhaps chi is this in its pure form. Thats why chi feels "good" like god is working through your body.

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/16/05 01:42 PM

Absolutely Tank. In my opinion, I agree with basically your whole post

Alot of how I understand the universe is from this book-
www.atlantis.to

very similar ideas to the ones you are thinking, and eleaborating further on them. And I found that exact part, the part of the book that talks about the universe as god, is the most powerful section of the book. Although the Earth Changes chapter is powerful too.

[This message has been edited by serious pain (edited 01-16-2005).]

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/16/05 07:55 PM

Each and every atom and all particles making up the atom (discovered or yet to be discovered)in your body were NOT created when you were fertilised in the womb and grew there. The atoms / particles were already formed and in existence at the very moment of creation of the universe itself, whenever that event might have been.

So IF there is a Creator, whatever we little humans in this insignificant corner of the Universe might think we know "Him" as, we must certainly figure somewhere in His plans. We live such relatively short lives that it is impossible to see the Big Picture.

Buddha claimed to be able to see 500 of his own past lives. To me that is still but a tiny bit.

Some people wish to think that the Universe itself is one gigantic "living, breathing" organism, and we are just one atom / particle in this "Universal Body" and the death of stars are just like the death of cells in our own bodies.

So the ancient 'immortals' therefore claimed to be able to, through their meditation, 'tap' into this 'universal energy' and 'see' through all the illusionary images created to mislead us and therefore keep us in our place and preserve our fragile sanity, to KNOW the TRUTH.

And so we hear over and over again that "chi" is the universal / cosmic energy which inhabits this universal body, and we, together with every grain of sand and blade of grass, being a part thereof should also be imbued with it.

[This message has been edited by ButterflyPalm (edited 01-16-2005).]

[This message has been edited by ButterflyPalm (edited 01-16-2005).]

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/17/05 02:35 AM

I think you two both understand me. At the moment scientist know - anything broken down far enough is either an electron, proton, neutron. They believe that these are all made of even smaller circular strings of energy - The whole universal body is contructed with these. what makes these things come together in different forms depends on how they expand, contraCT, twist/move & rotate (faster/slower) etc...

So everything has chi because I believe chi 'is' everything... is chi GOD?

This is why I am making my own art - which allows (by trial & error) to absorb chi almost instantainiously from anywhere.
I walk everywhere ffor miles - I walk 6 miles home from my training centre, I can meditate whilst I walk - and focus on raising my maximum chi level & absorbtion rate, to a certain amont of success.

I believe meditation is a versitile tool of the brain which can be used to get over almost any internal problem or achieve any internal goal - this is why I believe in meditating on what u want when it comes to chi.
Posted by: Reiki

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/17/05 12:00 PM

Meditation is a marvellous tool to help the mind-body connection.

Moving meditation [such as walking] has been used for eons by monks and others and is a very effective method.

Tank, you are correct when you say that grounding is important for ki to move, it is very important to be properly grounded so that you don't end up with stagnant energy being trapped and/or picking up energy which is negative and bad. Remember to drink plenty of water before and after sessions to aid grounding and removal of toxins. What do you do as a grounding exercise? Visualising the roots of a giant tree growing out of your legs and into the deep earth can be very useful. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

There have been some very interesting posts here, and I've really enjoyed reading this particular topic. Butterfly Palm also raises some interesting and thought provoking ideas...

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/17/05 12:27 PM

AT a higher level in IMA, that's exactly what someone does, they can absorb energy at any moment and then release it out. And it is always circular.

However, in a real situation, you have to be spontaneous, as the opponent does not just do what you want. Well,sometimes they might

[This message has been edited by serious pain (edited 01-17-2005).]

[This message has been edited by serious pain (edited 01-17-2005).]

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/17/05 07:58 PM

Tank.

If you are able to 'absorb' chi from anywhere as you walk, then, do not do so while walking along polluted streets.

Chi works at the cellular level. Cell damage may occur if all these pollutants are fed into them constantly and at high levels.

Do what the ancients did -- find a quiet stream in a wooded area with large trees. Do your 'chi exchange' with these 'clean' trees.

"Pull" the energy from a group of large trees into your body and down to your soles as you breath in and 'return' it back to the trees as you breath out. Ten minutes will be enough. Best of course in the early morning when the oxygen level is high and clean.

Eyes shut or open as you wish.

Important to have happy positive thoughts.

After each session, clench your fists and notice the extra strength in them? Your body is already working at a higher level of efficiency.

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/19/05 10:45 AM

ButterflyPalm:

I would have to disagree with your post above...at least in part.

First, I would disagree with you that qi works at the cellular level. If this were the case, we would be able to "see" qi and measure it. This is not the case right now and is why Western science/medicine has such a hard time with the concept. I would agree that qi can effect things at the cellular level, but not that it works at the cellular level.

Second, I would also disagree with your comments concerning the introduction of qi based on your location (city with pollutants as opposed to the more pure country)...and there are a couple of points here...

As to the comment that says that prolonged ingestion of these pollutants can cellular damage. This again goes back to the first point that I disagreed with (that qi works at the cellular level), but even if it did or you continue to maintain that it does, there is no hard evidence to prove this point that you make as statement of fact. I really am not trying to be nit-picky here, but for those of us that practice the various energetic arts ever wish to be taken seriously by the scientific and/or medical community at large (which I think is important to happen as that will open up grant dollars and more experiments and research into the field...thus resulting in more advances to benefit all of us), then we need to state things correctly. A blanket statement such as you have made would be an example of this. Based on that, I would challenge you to produce any sort of evidence that would indicate or show that qigong exercises done in a polluted area has caused any sort of damage to eukaryotic cells. I do not mean the challenge in a dergatory sense.

Also, while these qi types of gathering exercises are certainly not optimum when done in such a "polluted" environment, we are forgetting a basic principle of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). The body contains a set of three "burners" or "heaters" (depending on how you translate from the Chinese). One of the main purposes of the "burner system" is the purification or distallation of external qi that is taken in. this is why it is so important (and why it is the first thing that I teach in qigong and kiko) to learn the microcosmic orbit (Xiao Zhou Tian or Shoshyuten if you prefer). The process of intake, distallation, process and distribute when it comes to the energetic system is natural and unless we are talking some extreme or dire circumstances should not be a problem.

Lastly, I will agree to the benefits of the "country" setting for qigong/kiko practice. I have been very fortunate to have been trained in some of the ways and methods of the Dragon Gate sect of the Complete Reality School of Taoism(Long Men Chuan Chen Tao). Some of the qigong exercises require the use of such a setting and trees in particular. Some even go so far as to require specific and special trees. So, everything has a time, a place and a use.

Anyway, thanks for taking this message in the spirit that it was intended and I hope that we can enjoy further conversations regarding these topics.

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/19/05 07:50 PM

Meijin.

Your input is much appreciated; most of all by Tank, I think, because he / she may not be able to find a quiet stream in a wooded area in the city.

Seeing that you are involved in 'cellular engineering' I can understand your requirement for scientific proof. At least, however, we can agree that 'chi' does have an "effect" at the cellular level; whether it "works" at the cellular level or not can be left to another day for scientific consideration.

For the moment, how this 'effect' will work itself out in the long term practice of chi gung in a polluted environment is, I suppose at best, left unanswered. I for one will err on the side of caution; opening or closing of research grants notwithstanding.

Please do not take this in the wrong way (as we all know scientific methods as we understand them today, just like chi gung, have their own limitations) but I suppose Tank and everybody else may have to wait a while for the proof you require; unless of course some other member on the Forum have something to offer.

There is one cogent example from the tobacco industry which is illustrative of the issue at hand. For many decades this industry has demanded scientific proof from objectors that cigarette smoking has a direct causative link to lung cancer, while maintaining, understandably, that there was no scientific proof as such.

On the 'purification & distillation' point you brought up; well, these were ideas formulated in the days when pollution levels were not as there are today. My view is, there is only so much the body, even through chi gung practice, can do. There is always an 'overloading' point beyond which something has to give. Why give the body more stress than necessary? unless of course it is impossible to find a quiet stream in a wooded area; in which case one has to take a chance, I suppose.

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/20/05 08:35 AM

Ki balls are your imagination-theres nothing there.

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/20/05 09:39 AM

ButterflyPalm:

Please be aware that I am not at all trying to indicate the I personally need any sort of scientific proof in regards to qi, qigong, the benefits of either or anything of the sort. I have been involved as a practioner/teacher of qigong and various energetic arts for some time now and have all of the evidence/proof that I personally need. My comments concern the community at large (i.e. that outside of the martial arts community) and most specifically the Western medical and/or scientific community. To be able to begin to get them to "see the light" and have the type of funding and research put into this topic that is going to get tangible results is going to require those of us that are already in the "qi camp" to be quite careful in the blanket types of statements that we make.

While on the scientific topic, let's use your example of smoking cigarettes. There is a whole can of worms in and of itself...but I think a good one to illustrate the point. Yes, the cigarette making industry wanted scientific proof. Why (other than for financial motives)? Because the scientists still cannot understand nor show why it is that some folks can smoke 3 packs a day for 50 years and never get cancer or related illnesses and the non-smoking wife or husband of a smoker can get lung cancer after only a couple of years of being exposed to second hand smoke. Much of the reserach now indicates a pre-disposition to such cancers (and other types of illnesses). With the recent breakthrough of decoding human DNA, researchers are now getting close to being able to do a test that will score an individual on their percentile chances of contracting such illnesses. To me, this is excellent on two fronts. First, I think it will possibly lead to some research and is tied to prenatal qi. For those that practice and understand Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), we can easily understand and see how it is that some folks can partake of something like smoking and have it not effect them and others get a diluted by product and get the disease...and it goes hand in hand with pre-disposition. Second, I think that this holds tremendous possibilities as to the benefits of qigong. If we get to the point where DNA analysis shows such a predisposition, what would the same DNA analysis of person show after 6 months of qigong work? If we see a verifiable change to the analysis, then we begin to establish "hard" evidence that the qigong had an effect. The next 3 to 5 years should be interesting indeed!

As to the "purification and distillation" issue...you state:

"these were ideas formulated in the days when pollution levels were not as there are today"

My response (without being sarcastic) is so what? This process is built into the human energetic system for just this reason. To deal with the "unknown" environmental conditions. Remember, the "qi process" (using a very simplistic term) happens with every breath that we take. And remember, the pressure/vital points that are on the external meridians serve as a vortex...so, to some degree or another...there is a constant flow in and out of them. With the increased pollutant environs, people should be dropping dead like crazy if this distillation and purification process was not at work...especially with the increased life expectancy we have. Granted, alot of the increase there has to do with advances in medical science in being able to sustain life past where they could in the past...but life expectancy is still many decades longer than it was a few hundred or a thousand years ago. The three burner system of the body is that protection mechanism. Again, some systems may not be the best, but our energetic system is capable of taking all of that into consideration and dealing with it. Know what I mean?

Anyway...enough rambling from me for now. Thanks for the constructive conversation!

Michael

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/21/05 02:55 AM

Butterfly palm - I can believe that chi works on a cellular level, because of the theory of 'circular loops of energy' which I have previously talked about as 'string theory'. If the theory is correct then these loops of energy we call chi would be far to minute for us to see - But it is like a monet painting - Everything is made up "completly" of these loops of energy but we can get close enough to see them individually. So it does function on a cellular level - But also on any level (do you get me?) so pollution itself is chi - but negetively charged - so I sould avoid it [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] Thanks ButterflyPalm [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

I have found a lovely spot buzzing with energy at a circle of small old stones (many around britain) near a stream with some cherry trees there too. I wish i could show it you - it seems as though the pagans or whatever may have known of Chi.

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/21/05 10:10 AM

Tank:

If you are referencing [Super] String theory or the "Unified theory of Everything", then you may be missing the boat a bit on what you are describing. "Strings" (as defined by the theory) are not "circular loops of energy".

Additionally, if we are looking to qi as a bio-electric type of energy, it would not be a loop either...we would be talking about a wave with frequency and amplititude.

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/21/05 09:00 PM

Tank.

Just curious. How old are you? Your 'character' as I am able to gather from upur postings so far is a puzzle to me. I cannot put a finger on it. If you are able to generate an awareness of or to 'feel' / 'absorb' chi as you say you can, then you should be able to work out any possible 'negative' environmental impact -- you should be thrice as sensitive when compared to a non-practitioner. If I walk into a room or a bus crowded with people, I feel very uneasy and If I enter one of those large electronic department stall with switched-on electrical equipment everywhere I actually feel ill and had to get out quickly. This is not to question your accomplishments of course -- we all learn till we die.

Anyway, good to hear you are taking the advice of an oldman, which of course is not an indication or a guarantee of higher wisdom. That pile of stones and a family of cherry trees certainly sounds lovely; as it was said, nothing happens by accident. Please tell us what you actually 'feel'.

Pagans were no less human and, with their minds not being cluttered with 'modern' nonsense, all the more sensitive to any energetic emanations from the natural environment.

I believe caucasians today, especially those whose ancient ancestors built all those stone circles/monoliths all over Europe, are now just 're-discovering' their long-lost ability to 'communicate' once again with this ever-present energy of nature, which is more "alive" than we can imagine. I am sure they had a name for it. If only those stones could talk; maybe they can, just that we are not listening.

The practice of chi, which is highly introspective in nature, is just one method to 're-tune' our inner mind/emotions which has, since the industrial revolution, been artificially suppressed; and so the "Yang" has dominated in the West for the last few hundred years, giving rise to great scientific discoveries and inventions. The chinese has for the last few hundred years called caucasians "Yang Ren" -- Yang People; I always wondered how they worked it out so quickly.

Meijin.

Your point taken on the need to be guarded in order that "we" are taken more seriously by the scientific community. The "problem" with "them" is that they have no subjective involvement and being totally dependant on limiting instrumentations; and "we" have to use archaic and arcane language to express our ideas which have no counterpart in modern science. Sometimes I think we'll have to walk on water to convince them. Do you yourself do any fundamental research?

I agree absolutely with your point about DNA and fundamental genetic research throwing up some answers; they are now looking at the fundamental substance of live itself; if chi is there, it will be found; unless we are all suffering from mass sympathetic delusions, which is entirely possible until proven otherwise. But they will also, to sound contemporary, give it a different name, like 'supra-bio-magno-wave' or some such variations; no way they will call it "prenatal chi" in order not to be laughed at themselves.

Without flogging a dead horse, I would pose the question that if 'chi' does not work at the cellular level, then where does it work? if we assume it "works" at all. The question is related to people who claim that chi gung practice can prevent or even cure cancers which, fundamentally, is a cellular disease. Your thoughts or experiences on this?

The strange thing about longer life expectancies is that there is a corresponding rise in various cancers -- expecially breast cancer in women. Do you think the high level of pollution is a large contributing factor?

[This message has been edited by ButterflyPalm (edited 01-21-2005).]

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/26/05 03:04 AM

I feel as though if you new more about me then you may be able to help me in some ways that I may not be able to comprehend at the moment because - You are the wise one!

I am 18 years old - although I look about 16. Im very slim, I believe I had the ability to suceed in education - although I didn't like the awkward set proceedures that schools in the UK follow. I quickly found friends, I was very nieve and at the time only cared about what people thought of me - which made me act like a class clown and probably had an adverse affect. I have always had a complex about trying to better myself on a moral level - by being nice to people - although sometimes I went against my conscience. I had alot of pride which caused me to get into many fights with people larger (or better fighters than me) - I dontknow why - but i've never lost a fight.
I didn't even try at highschool to revise for exams - I didn't do any coursework which makes up a percentage of my final marks - I got 4 B's, and the rest C grades.

I stopped fighting when I left high school - I became more easy - going. I smoke more cannabis than is healthy for me. Although I dont feel any unhealthier. I took an opportunity to go to a really good college - I took philosophy and psychology - I didn't pay attention in class - Because I smoked cannabis everyday at lunch & break times. I dropped out of college to look for a job - (this is around the time I became interested in chi) I am still looking, although I am on a government training scheme where I sit on PC's all day long - It makes me feel ill also - any office type environments with electrical equipment does - although I believe this may build up my negetive chi resistance as I am getting more used to it - although I grow ever more sensitive to it.

I meditate morning and night - and whenever I have spare time. I believe in God. I exercise all the time - I never catch the bus - I always walk - I feel uncomfortable on buses also - But i dont know if I walk because I am uncomfortable on buses or not. The way i think of it is I save money - which I can spend on food. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Any advise on my life? - There is more to it that I dont think I would post on a forum, perhaps your insight would sense this anyway - nothing bad that has directly affected me but my big brother, but all has been resolved. I've tryed to tell you how I 'feel' about life.

I feel most of my wisdom comes from my farther ( I dont consider myself wise ) and most of my spirituality from my mother (who is extremely spiritual / and has caused things to happen by merely verbalising them at times of anger - don't question this as I am sure of it - I am not blinded by the tricks of fools). My father said his mother - who I only met once (she seemed to have a huge presance even for such a small woman) She is iraninian and always was called mother (in persian ) by the whole village - she had no education but my father said she didnt like nonsense - she just liked helping people - my father said she was wise also - and said that he would say she was enlightened but would be scared of putting words in my mouth.

I pondered about these things (after already practicing chi/meditation). And realised my mother and farther are like yin yang - One really spiritual & one that I that is extremely wise.

I still wonder if this could have any meaning or perhaps not. My mother and father said as a child I was really fat - as a joke they called me their mini buddha, also they've said to me when using chi to heal aches that as a small child putting my hands on my mums head used to take her headaches away.

This all probably seems like verbal poop [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]
but i've been as open as possible. Any help/advise?

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/26/05 05:04 AM

I believe that Yang people of any colour will oneday take us seriously because I am one example of this - Walk on water - no - just as i've been brought up in a yang community as you may call it and I believe Uneducated people (in the field of chi) prejudge it as magic - or mumbo jumbo. Chi is not magic - it is a natural life force.
They fail to understand the logical details. And ask for proofs beyond our present limits to discard our opinions as rubbish. Although in the bible it says that we will be able to do miracles such as jesus' - maybe he just had the abilities unlocked early for him.

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/26/05 07:52 PM

It is refreshing to see a 18 yr. old opening up; most will have too much ego to do so.

However, I just have to be hard on you, if you want any help from anyone on the Forum.

You will have to stop taking any kind of hallucinogenic drug. Poisioning the mind is worst than poisioning the body, the latter is temporary, the former is permanent; it also harm others around you. Other members of the Forum will take you less seriously.

The practice of chi should bring about wisdom, as it stimulates and heightens mental processes; more so than any drug. you do want to be wise? don't you? of course you do. Everybody does.

Your are only 18; I am 55. Imagine the wonders that you will see from now till you are 55 and beyond. When I was 18, man has not landed on the Moon yet, Elvis was singing 'Blue Hawaii', Bruce Lee was wearing a mask and playing 'Kato' and the word 'computer' was not even heard of. So think about it. You want to see all these wonders with a clear and 'enlightened' mind or with a messed-up one?

If you have such great belief in yourself, and want to be a leading member of the IMA community or any community, you should know what to do.

The practice of chi or any worthwhile art requires time and patience; lots of it, (that's why kung fu is called kung fu) Impatience will do more harm than good; I have absolutely no doubt about this. If you consider me wise, then listen to me.

In order to progress in your chi development, you need a 'stable base' in your personal life; meaning you should not need to worry too much about socio-economic issues; so get a stable job; earn enough to give you the necessary peace of mind needed.

If one day you are actually able to do all those wondrous things you've heard people of high chi ability can do, then you can come back here and tell all of us -- 'I told you so' But until then, get a job and practice carefully.

As I said before -- nothing happens by chance.

Remember this -- 'no man is rich enough to buy back his past' -- Oscar Wilde.

I would add, 'the future holds riches beyond imaginning'

You appear to have some near & middle-eastern heritage. It is a great heritage. Many mystics / prophets have come from there. Do them proud, please.

[This message has been edited by ButterflyPalm (edited 01-26-2005).]

[This message has been edited by ButterflyPalm (edited 01-27-2005).]

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/26/05 09:47 PM

when i practice chi i feel warmer and tingly. i also feel like a extra layer of something cover my skin. is this normal??

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/27/05 12:39 AM

I totally agree with Butterflypalms

[This message has been edited by Sa Bum Nim (edited 01-27-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Sa Bum Nim (edited 01-27-2005).]

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/27/05 02:08 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jimmythestrange:
when i practice chi i feel warmer and tingly. i also feel like a extra layer of something cover my skin. is this normal??[/QUOTE]

Yes.

That 'extra layer of something' is actually your 'sudden' awareness of the 'bio-electric nature' of chi's interaction with the surrounding air. It's just that through your practice, which involves concentration of the mind, you have become aware of this, as oppose to non-practitioners.

However, try not to 'lift' this feeling up to your brain too often or for too long. Keep it nearer to the legs / feet. In other words 'SINK'. This will happen when you 'SUNG' or 'RELAX'. Do not strain in your breathing; keep it soft and slow. After a period of 'sinking' the chi begins to accumulate at the dan tien. All in good time.

In the beginning, it is not advisable to 'over-load' your brain with so much concentrated energy. Your brain needs time to adjust to this new kind of 'thinking' So you may hear of headaches, dizzyness.

Patience. A watched kettle never boil.

The more relax you are, the better is your 'feeling'

When you get more advance, and if you practice other 'hard' MA, you can begin to combine the two and get "hard/soft" the first goal of application of chi to MA --"Goju"

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/27/05 06:48 AM

Butterflypalm,

i cant seem to keep te covering over my skin for very long.. what can i do to help it stay?? do i need to focus more??

[This message has been edited by jimmythestrange (edited 01-27-2005).]

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/27/05 05:48 PM

Thanks for the Great information ButterflyPalm.

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/27/05 05:57 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Unlimited Possibilities:
Thanks for the Great information ButterflyPalm. [/QUOTE]

yes butterflypalm is very helpful and thank you for answering my questions. everyone can learn from your knowledge. maybe you we could email eachother in case i have anymore questions.

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/27/05 06:55 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jimmythestrange:
Butterflypalm,

i cant seem to keep te covering over my skin for very long.. what can i do to help it stay?? do i need to focus more??

It is better to keep this an open Forum so that others may also benefit.

As many members have stated in the past, it is not advisable to "teach" over the Net; it can be harmful, believe me; it has nothing to do with being selfish or anything.

You should be learning from an instructor.

However, just this once, I'll help you along.

To keep the 'feeling' longer -- as soon as you can feel it, keep your eyes closed and mentally spiral it around whatever part that feels strongest to you -- whatever direction you like, then reverse the direction -- do not spiral round your head or your spinal cord; you need proper instruction on this.

In the beginning, it helps to just move very slowly that part of the body in the direction you are spiralling.

After every session, do some self-massage from head to toe and then firmly pat all over your body with your hands. This is to make sure there is no stagnation anywhere. Its also good to walk around a bit and drink lots of water. Do not take a bath immediately, wait at least an hour.

Beyond this you need proper instruction.

Good Luck.

[/QUOTE]
Posted by: Reiki

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/27/05 11:18 PM

yes please remember to drink plenty of water before and after to aid grounding when working with ki.

We [a number of us reiki practioners] have found that there is a stronger flow of the energy when working outside in the sun. It can also be helpful to work in a quiet and peaceful place such as a park or paddock, especially around trees.

Normally if doing a treatment I try to "clean " the area first of negative and stagnant energy before proceeding.

There are a number of breathing and aura brushing exercises we do prior to reiju that may be beneficial to others working with energy.

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 01/28/05 08:00 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Reiki:
yes please remember to drink plenty of water before and after to aid grounding when working with ki.

We [a number of us reiki practioners] have found that there is a stronger flow of the energy when working outside in the sun. It can also be helpful to work in a quiet and peaceful place such as a park or paddock, especially around trees.

Normally if doing a treatment I try to "clean " the area first of negative and stagnant energy before proceeding.

There are a number of breathing and aura brushing exercises we do prior to reiju that may be beneficial to others working with energy.
[/QUOTE]

Just one word about working out in the sun; unless it is early dawn.

I personally would not advise it.

Your body is extra sensitive and more 'open' to interaction with any form of energy when praticing -- be it ultra violet or others.

We do not know enough on the long term effect of this.

Just a word of caution.

There is some concern on the potential danger of ordinary sunbathing.

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 02/01/05 08:38 AM

practicing in the sun is not a good idea but rather to practice in the evenings just when it is starting to be sun down, this is a better idea but anyways i am new to this forum and i would like to talk about chi now. my brother and I have been practicing martial arts for 14 years and when i am practicing all my abilities and senses are dramatically increased,(my brother and I fight everyday to heighten our skills and technique). when we fight i can always jump higher than when i am normally practicing by myself and not just a few inches i am talking about atleast 2 feet higher or more(on average my height from the ground is about 8 feet)is this chi or is it something else? thanks for your time and effort.

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 02/01/05 09:29 AM

well sometimes when I'm relax I feel a tingling feeling on my hands.............

*Inuyasha*

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 02/03/05 09:03 AM

I've been practicing nothing but the 'Lifting the Sky' qi gong form for a few months now. Now, if I think of chi flowing to a particular area, I feel a tingle/shiver move through my body going to that area. If I concentrate gently for a while on chanelling chi to my hands, my fingers often twitch. Is that normal?

Re: My chi experiences & yours - 02/07/05 06:17 PM

well its not like it is only one part of my body but my upper body mainly the force exerted from my arms are much more intense than usual, almost as if someone is punching with me. its kind of strange but it feels good too.