Can Women get Adrenaline Rush?

Posted by: Anonymous

Can Women get Adrenaline Rush? - 01/09/05 09:18 PM

My friend informed me that women cannot recieve adrenaline rushes because it is in male hormones, is this true?
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: Can Women get Adrenaline Rush? - 01/09/05 09:23 PM

No, it is not true.
Adrenaline is produced by the adrenal glands which sit on top of the kidneys.
Men and women have them(kidneys and adrenal glands).

Re: Can Women get Adrenaline Rush? - 01/09/05 09:32 PM

I wonder if men and women have different sizes of adrenaline glands.

Re: Can Women get Adrenaline Rush? - 01/09/05 10:05 PM

em22! everyone get adrenaline rush, it that nervous feeling, shaking feeling you have before you about to do something big, like before a big tournament, it kind of like that feeling you have anxious, spelling erra,.

have you ever have to perform a form or tech, or have to break tiles in front of many, many people, and you have feeling, shaking, breathing really hard before you go on stage.

taichi
Posted by: JohnL

Re: Can Women get Adrenaline Rush? - 01/10/05 06:38 AM

Hi taichi:

It isn't always adrenaline. Sometimes it's purely nerves and is purely a mental reaction.

Adrenaline dump is a chemical reaction and yes it does happen to women as well as men.

Do women experience it to the same degree? I've no idea, I'm not a doctor.

JohnL

Re: Can Women get Adrenaline Rush? - 01/10/05 01:20 PM

Hi! John and everyone here, from what I know some people can handle the adrenaline rush better then others both for men and women. Just like someone people handle the level stress better then other, it depends how strong they are mentally and spiritually.

Let said you are about to go sky diving, before you jump out off the plane at 20,000 or 40,000 ft high, or about to jump off a mountain that is 16,000 high, or catch a 22 ft wave with the surf board or boogie board, hell yeah my adrenaline is going to be out of controll, but the question is how well can I handle the adrenaline. I know for sure that adrenaline happen both in men and women

taichi

Re: Can Women get Adrenaline Rush? - 01/10/05 01:46 PM

i wonder if men or women have adrenaline rushes of different caliber, or like one is greater than the other?
Posted by: still wadowoman

Re: Can Women get Adrenaline Rush? - 01/10/05 02:21 PM

I don't think anyone can categoricaly state wether men and women get a different type or a different degree of adrenaline rush because no one can experience both.

However, all the descriptions men give about their own experience of it sounds exactly the same as that which I have experienced.
Sharon